• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots to sign Tebow... really.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're gonna use tebow in a number of ways i bet. i woudln't be surprised to see him line up in the wildcat, as a rb or even in the slot. i would expect to see tebow behind center whenever they're in short yardage.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He contributes. If he wanted to draw less attention to himself he could.

I thought about your point, but they're all in the NFC. The only one we play is cam newton unless we see one in the Super Bowl.

Not a Tebow fan, but how does he contribute? Is it one of those "it takes two to have a fight" type of thing, where it doesn't matter if the guy punches someone, punching back is contributing? All I've seen him do is persist in his goal despite people's desire for him to go away since they think he's not good enough and him going to a corner to do his Tebowing. I haven't exactly seen him do the Tebowing thing on the Dallas Star. Maybe he chose the Jets over Jacksonville? That is a bigger market, but also a better team on paper pre-2012.

I get the annoyance, because I wouldn't want him on my team. One, because I don't think he'd help us, even with our pistol and spread use. Two, even if it's not his fault or is, there's other stuff around him I wouldn't want. Not always fair, but this contribution thing, unless you can give me examples, sounds like an equivocation. It's a manifestation of your annoyance with the player.

BTW, I'm under the assumption that his faith is real and he really is expressing that. If you have anything beyond distrust to disprove that, I'd like to hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absurd. Brady is one of the best at short yardage. Tebow subtracts from it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is perfectly capable of turning down some of the interviews he gives.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I'm under the assumption that his faith is real and he really is expressing that. If you have anything beyond distrust to disprove that, I'd like to hear it.

(Not sure if I edited the above post early enough for you to see it.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is perfectly capable of turning down some of the interviews he gives.

Ok, I guess, but so is everyone else. He's a polite person and does them. I haven't seen him on a television show for himself. I don't see him pounding his chest on them, either. He doesn't say things like Quinn said about him (that Tebow got lucky, that it should have been his turn, and that the management caved in to the fans) even when Tebow had a legitimate gripe about New York, like Quinn did with Denver. What I see is him getting drafted, working hard, showing his faith, winning games, playing poorly, working hard, answering questions people ask him, not pounding his chest, etc.

I don't want him as our QB. I don't want him on our team. I don't think he'll ever become a successful starter as a QB. But I do not put the media bull shit on him. If he tried to kill the media by ignoring, declining, telling them to stop asking, etc. that would be a bigger thing and more attention on himself. I don't see him like Favre in play or in media relations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absurd. Brady is one of the best at short yardage. Tebow subtracts from it.

- Tom Brady is a better short-yardage QB than Tebow – and anyone who has ever lived. We'll have the statistical details on Tuesday morning from our own Captain Comeback. Suffice to say, the Patriots have no need to insert Tebow into any kind of cockamamie "wildcat" college-style offense. Brady, after all, is the best short-yardage QB in history.

He's converted an incredible 88 of 92 third- and fourth-down attempts in his career when needing 1 to 2 yards. That’s 95.6 percent success, for those of you keeping score at home.

The great running QB Tebow? Just 10 of 14 in the same situation (71.4%).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cold-Hard-Football-Factscom/96858525806?hc_location=stream

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Tom Brady is a better short-yardage QB than Tebow – and anyone who has ever lived. We'll have the statistical details on Tuesday morning from our own Captain Comeback. Suffice to say, the Patriots have no need to insert Tebow into any kind of cockamamie "wildcat" college-style offense. Brady, after all, is the best short-yardage QB in history.

He's converted an incredible 88 of 92 third- and fourth-down attempts in his career when needing 1 to 2 yards. That’s 95.6 percent success, for those of you keeping score at home.

The great running QB Tebow? Just 10 of 14 in the same situation (71.4%).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cold-Hard-Football-Factscom/96858525806?hc_location=stream

so....

they brought tebow in for the playbook?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why. But there is no possible scenario he should take even one play from Brady.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so....

they brought tebow in for the playbook?

maybe they bought him in as a backup who will sit on the bench like most backups do? I don't get why people are assuming just because they brought tebow in they must have some regular role planned for him. Maybe they just think they can develop him into a backup QB?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he can't throw a football...

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...The only guy on the planet who actually likes Tebow is the same guy that drafted him in Denver. That is none other than Josh McDaniel who is the O-Coordinator for NE. He convinced Bellecheat to sign him because they can groom him for the future and they are getting Tebow for little or no risk except a few bucks...
That's not true. Belichick complimented Tebow on numerous occasions back when he used to chill with Meyer. In fact, some draft projections had him going to NE about the 2nd or 3rd round.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh McDaniels has unfinished business with Tebow!! It's the only reason they signed him

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he can't throw a football...accurately.

Nothing wrong with Tebow being their 3rd string QB. Plus, no money is guaranteed.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with Tebow being their 3rd string QB. Plus, no money is guaranteed.

We could use that roster spot on someone not terrible. Unless the plan is to try to flip Tebow somehow, which doesn't seem that likely, I would much rather have the roster spot for someone of value.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could use that roster spot on someone not terrible. Unless the plan is to try to flip Tebow somehow, which doesn't seem that likely, I would much rather have the roster spot for someone of value.

Yeah I don't see him as a 3rd stringer either. I think the only way he makes the team is if he beats out Mallet.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way he does that either. Unless someone seriously overpays for Mallett (I would turn down a first rounder from a team I thought would win more than 5 games or so without hesitation; backup QB is too valuable to give up when we don't need to), he is going to be our backup.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on my team I don't. He's not a QB, and we don't have a need for any of the other roles people are insistent he can play.