• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots to sign Tebow... really.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you are entitled to like or dislike any player as we all do. I think all the other positions he has gotten himself involved with are bogus. Fish-out-of-water kind of thing. His position is QB and he may or may not flourish under McDaniel's tutelege and Belechick's support. I maintain if he is complete a bust, Belechick will not hesitate to cut his ass just like he has done with other "star" players that have graced the Pats Park field.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We could use that roster spot on someone not terrible. Unless the plan is to try to flip Tebow somehow, which doesn't seem that likely, I would much rather have the roster spot for someone of value.

agreed if you don't see value in Tebow, but apparently the Patriots see value?

for me, don't see value in Tebow as a QB, also would prefer using that roster spot on someone developing. the value in someone developing isn't high either, but at least there's SOME potential.

we all know that in today's NFL, the QB needs passing skills. no matter how athletic, no matter the 'off the chart' measurables, no matter how much 'magnetism', he has to execute the pass. this applies to Kaep too, he'll be judged by his passing skills.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Tebow could be a good STs player, solid utility skill player (RB/FB/H-Back/TE), and emergency QB. In that sort of a role, I think he has some value. At the bottom of the roster, you're looking for versatility anyway. I don't like him much as a QB.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
isn't the amount of time he has been in the league and how many different teams he has been on say it all? i doubt he makes it....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Tebow could be a good STs player, solid utility skill player (RB/FB/H-Back/TE), and emergency QB. In that sort of a role, I think he has some value. At the bottom of the roster, you're looking for versatility anyway. I don't like him much as a QB.

yeah ok, a utility player as opposed to just QB.

on ST's he might be the back man on punts, and the holder on field goals? there will always be a threat for him to run off a fake, and one tackler is likely inadequate?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

on ST's he might be the back man on punts, and the holder on field goals? there will always be a threat for him to run off a fake, and one tackler is likely inadequate?

Coverage on KOs, personal protector on punts (believe he did this for the Jets), holder on FGs, possibly a blocker on the KO return team. Tebow is built like a FB or LB, so he's got the build for a STs ace. The question is if he's willing to commit himself to that.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never thought about him as a holder. That would be the perfect job for him. He could do a good job of covering up a bad snap or running the fake. Tebow doesn't fumble the ball often at all, he's pretty sure handed.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
signing tebow so they can pray that they don't get their ass kicked?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping a team picked him up, and that it was New England is quite humorous.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping a team picked him up, and that it was New England is quite humorous.

People who say he can't play QB, fine, that's true if you are talking top 32 (top 48-96? Are there any backups he's better than? I don't know because I don't pay attention to that.). But all those saying he wouldn't be in the league and should have bolted to the CFL, it's funny now that someone signed him.

He, of course, will have to keep his roster spot and won't be playing at QB unless there's an injury or more likely two, but it's like those who said Smith should just go to San Diego to backup Rivers after 2010. Justified, but wrong, IMO. In 2014, who knows? Maybe then, CFL is Tebow's best option? I say take the starting spot if you can (Smith), take the backup if you can (Tebow), and then resort to the next option. If Tebow panicked, he might be in the CFL right now. The safe thing wouldn't have helped Tebow nor Smith. (I don't respect long-term backup plans as much when you already have enough money to live out your life.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tebow can't play in the cfl.

Yeah, if they signed him, they'd have to play him. In the NFL, they can sign someone without playing them.

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them." - Steve Martin

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if they signed him, they'd have to play him. In the NFL, they can sign someone without playing them.

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them." - Steve Martin

there's no way he starts in montreal. even wildcat packages would be tough cuss u have 2 downs to get 10 yards.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tebow can't play in the cfl.

This is obviously a joke... he can play in the NFL (even thought you can argue with what success) but he can't play in the CFL which is where all the players who can't make it in the NFL end up?

Get real...:L