• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots release Albert Hayneworth

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd rather bring in owens if i was gonna sign any free agent. haynesworthless lacks heart. at least owens has the drive to win and compete

Eh. Not interested in Owens either. As bad as our WR corps is, and it is bad, Owens isn't an upgrade anywhere at this point. Five years ago, sure. Now, nah.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I'm actually kind of happy that Belicheck's reclaimation projects are starting to fail now (Haynesworth, Ocho). That bastard got lucky so many times with Moss, Dillon, etc.

Also Belicheck's recent draft picks are not that good either they are cutting alot of them.

In a way I enjoy seeing Belicheck go through a bad spell. :-)

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Braylon and Crabtree finally healthy, and the fact that we always have at least two TEs on the field (Vernon, Denalie), and Ginn and Williams we don't need T.O.

But McDonald is still hurt, and we have no d-line veteran depth.

So I say bring in Haynesworth.

If Braylon or Crabtree get hurt again, then I say bring in T.O. as well.

Why? What's the upside?

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Before I clicked to check this thread, I told myself "there are gonna be a few deluded posters saying how good Haynesworth would be for the 9ers."
Sure as $#!+...

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eh. Not interested in Owens either. As bad as our WR corps is, and it is bad, Owens isn't an upgrade anywhere at this point. Five years ago, sure. Now, nah.

Owens is 38 years old...But he is better then williams and ginn...Ginn is a kick off return guy he is not a wr and Kyle williams is a decent back up but no Owens..I think alot of 49er fans give owens a bad rap for how he left the team. but i am welling to forgive him.I think he is ready to play ball and shut up!! it would be a nice way for him to end his career with a super bowl ring

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Braylon and Crabtree finally healthy, and the fact that we always have at least two TEs on the field (Vernon, Denalie), and Ginn and Williams we don't need T.O.

But McDonald is still hurt, and we have no d-line veteran depth.

So I say bring in Haynesworth.

If Braylon or Crabtree get hurt again, then I say bring in T.O. as well.

a practice squad player would be a better option.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owens is 38 years old...But he is better then williams and ginn...Ginn is a kick off return guy he is not a wr and Kyle williams is a decent back up but no Owens..I think alot of 49er fans give owens a bad rap for how he left the team. but i am welling to forgive him.I think he is ready to play ball and shut up!! it would be a nice way for him to end his career with a super bowl ring

When Owens commanded double and triple coverage, he was worth the trouble that came with him. The media circus that he helps to feed, and lets not believe him when he says that he doesn't like it... he has a reality TV show for pete's sake, nobody has one of those without enjoying and wanting to be the center of attention at all times.

To me, it doesn't even matter that Owens at 38 is still a better WR than Ginn, Williams, or Swain. He just simply isn't worth the media blitz, if and when the 49ers lose again, everyone will have to answer if Owens destroyed the chemistry as he complains that Roman and Harbaugh didn't do enough to get him the ball 10 times a game.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's not a vet who will inspire competition, and I can't see him helping out the rookies. How fast the stars fall in the NFL! Pass.

He should make a good fit on the Raiders.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haynesworth should go down as the next Buster Douglas. Pretty much took center stage of the NFL for a year, cashed in, and then got fat and lazy. All he needs now is a Sports Illustrated article talking about how he goes to Blockbuster every day to rent a movie... and that is the highlight of his day.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haynesworth should go down as the next Buster Douglas. Pretty much took center stage of the NFL for a year, cashed in, and then got fat and lazy. All he needs now is a Sports Illustrated article talking about how he goes to Blockbuster every day to rent a movie... and that is the highlight of his day.

Good call. Keep that away from the 49er's locker room!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was going to post the same thing.... Interesting move by the Bucs...

Trying to fill in McCoy's absence alright.