• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots owner, ‘Deflategate’ judge mingle at party: Internet and SportsHoopla explode with tin foil hats!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“During a five-minute conversation, Martz recalls that the commissioner sounded panicked about Specter’s calls for a wider investigation,” ESPN wrote. “Martz also recalls that Goodell asked him to write a statement, saying that he was satisfied with the NFL’s Spygate investigation and was certain the Patriots had not cheated and asking everyone to move on — like leaders of the Steelers and Eagles had done.”
“He told me, ‘The league doesn’t need this. We’re asking you to come out with a couple lines exonerating us and saying we did our due diligence,’ ” Martz said, per ESPN.

Ok. Are you saying the taping happened?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they did what no team could do that entire season. :yo:

Those other teams didn't have the mad scientist (BB) for a coach. They didn't have the Pats defense either and I don't remember seeing any of them knocking Faulk on his ass every time the ball was snapped whether he had the ball or not. The game plan was brilliant and it took the supposed offensive genius a full half to figure out how to get Marshall away from McGinest. Shame on Martz for that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The author of that article is a Pulitzer finalist, and pretty sure has much more than your Boston sports reporters.

Also, no journalist or reporter will ever reveal their sources. Just because they label them as un-named sources doesn't make it false.
His credits, not the team credits are conspiracy novels:noidea:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Are you saying the taping happened?

I have no clue. All I really know is what you know. The NFL destroyed the tapes, rushed thru an investigation, while people from many different teams said the Pats were calling out the other team's signals at the LOS, and Martz was asked by the NFL Commish to give a false statement - which was then doctored by the NFL.

"The NFL doesn't need this kind of scandal"

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His credits, not the team credits are conspiracy novels:noidea:

So you are saying he's the perfect guy to make up all of these allegations and then tie them together? I don't think it takes a genius to figure out what has been going on here. :pound:

There was obviously a cover up or 2 going on, the problem is that Goodell is an idiot.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those other teams didn't have the mad scientist (BB) for a coach. They didn't have the Pats defense either and I don't remember seeing any of them knocking Faulk on his ass every time the ball was snapped whether he had the ball or not. The game plan was brilliant and it took the supposed offensive genius a full half to figure out how to get Marshall away from McGinest. Shame on Martz for that.

NO question we got out-played and out-hustled. The Question is was there any BS behind the scenes? Did you all have an unfair advantage?

When the Steelers, Eagles and Rams all say that the Pats were calling out their plays at the LOS + you have the NFL destroying tapes... It just doesn't sit well.

It wouldn't sit well with yous either. I learned what 2 + 2 was a long time ago. ;)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they did what no team could do that entire season. :yo:

Wonder how?

“During a five-minute conversation, Martz recalls that the commissioner sounded panicked about Specter’s calls for a wider investigation,” ESPN wrote. “Martz also recalls that Goodell asked him to write a statement, saying that he was satisfied with the NFL’s Spygate investigation and was certain the Patriots had not cheated and asking everyone to move on — like leaders of the Steelers and Eagles had done.”
“He told me, ‘The league doesn’t need this. We’re asking you to come out with a couple lines exonerating us and saying we did our due diligence,’ ” Martz said, per ESPN.

:amen:
Maybe the NYG have been stealing playbooks and signals? How could it be they defeated and undefeated team? Great justification.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'5", 270 lbs.

He was very versatile on those early SB teams.
a bit overrated IMO

remember, big willie style was a bust here til bill came along

he had one big sack in a superbowl, and one huge goal line stuff vs the colts for the most part.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying he's the perfect guy to make up all of these allegations and then tie them together? I don't think it takes a genius to figure out what has been going on here. :pound:

There was obviously a cover up or 2 going on, the problem is that Goodell is an idiot.
I'm just saying his credits are attributed to conspiracy novels.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell botched both of these investigations. How some of you lap at his junk is comical.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a bit overrated IMO

remember, big willie style was a bust here til bill came along

he had one big sack in a superbowl, and one huge goal line stuff vs the colts for the most part.

Big Willie was a beast. Wasn't he on those shitty Browns teams before Pats?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN OTL just had a juicy bit on how this was ALL to make up for spygate, that goodell intentionally destroyed "the tapes" to "save the NFL" and he asked mike martz (rams coach at the time) to say publicly he was ok with the spygate results at the time.

this wont die. this is goodell using ESPN to keep this mess going...what a buffoon he is.

smart people now know ESPN is the NFL's mouthpiece and whatever that network states about the pats is basically a lie.

Ha! Goodell is LIVID!!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Willie was a beast. Wasn't he on those shitty Browns teams before Pats?
no, the pats drafted him.

he ended in cleveland

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO question we got out-played and out-hustled. The Question is was there any BS behind the scenes? Did you all have an unfair advantage?

When the Steelers, Eagles and Rams all say that the Pats were calling out their plays at the LOS + you have the NFL destroying tapes... It just doesn't sit well.

It wouldn't sit well with yous either. I learned what 2 + 2 was a long time ago. ;)

Where did they say they were calling out plays?

This is all after the fact, remember? It's a great justification for losing. It feels better. Especially when you are favored as both the Steelers and Rams were... The two huge plays in the 2001 Steelers games were special teams foulups. It most certainly feels better to say the Patriots did something tricky. You see what I mean?

I can't believe we're back to Spygate.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Beat me in Court and I'll have ESPN write a mean article about something from 10 years ago"

Worst Commissioner Ever

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did they say they were calling out plays?

This is all after the fact, remember? It's a great justification for losing. It feels better. Especially when you are favored as both the Steelers and Rams were... The two huge plays in the 2001 Steelers games were special teams foulups. You see what I mean?

1) No player was more resolute that Spygate had affected games than Hines Ward, the Steelers' All-Pro wide receiver. Ward told reporters that Patriots inside information about Steelers play calling helped New England upset Pittsburgh 24-17 in the January 2002 AFC Championship Game. "Oh, they knew," Ward, now an NBC analyst who didn't return messages for this story, said after Spygate broke. "They were calling our stuff out. They knew a lot of our calls. There's no question some of their players were calling out some of our stuff."

2) Panthers were convinced that their practices had been taped prior to Super Bowl XXXVIII, and that offensive coordinator Dan Henning changed their game-plan at halftime. “Our players came in after that first half and said it was like [the Patriots] were in our huddle,” a Panthers source told ESPN. “Do I have any tape to prove they cheated?. No. But I’m convinced they did it.”

3) When Spygate broke, some of the Eagles now believed they had an answer for a question that had vexed them since they lost to the Patriots 24-21 in Super Bowl XXXIX: How did New England seem completely prepared for the rarely used dime defense the Eagles deployed in the second quarter, scoring touchdowns on three of four drives? The Eagles suspected that either practices were filmed or a playbook was stolen. "To this day, some believe that we were robbed by the Patriots not playing by the rules ... and knowing our game plan," a former Eagles football operations staffer says.

Rams? :lol:

This is what 4 different organization's have said.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots called screen after screen all second half. Definite cheating. But McNabb fucked the whole game up in the first half anyway. That's what stings most.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's after five o'clock in Foxboro.

How many times has Robert Kraft "saved football" today? Anyone counting?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's after five o'clock in Foxboro.

How many times has Robert Kraft "saved football" today? Anyone counting?
We might find out tomorrow. Only people in the immediate Boston area are privy to that kind of insider information. The rest of 'Murica has to be content with national media outlets getting scooped.