• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots owner, ‘Deflategate’ judge mingle at party: Internet and SportsHoopla explode with tin foil hats!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is the only one who can get in trouble here. The Patriots issues are closed (for better or worse).

So you want us to believe he's responsible for further trashing his own legacy and possibly putting his own job in jeopardy, just to impugn the Patriots as well?

That's not the Roger Goodell I know. The one that goes to great lengths to put the shield first.
in all honesty

i wouldnt put it past him

goodells actions remind me of 3 chicks i dated since my divorce.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem plausible to me.

But I'm also not looking to make excuses for the Patriots.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The author of that article is a Pulitzer finalist, and pretty sure has much more than your Boston sports reporters.

Also, no journalist or reporter will ever reveal their sources. Just because they label them as un-named sources doesn't make it false.
i remember the nobel prize winner that said the wells report science was rotten.

remind me how that went again...

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After doing a little reading it appears clear to me Goodell is unlikely to have willingly let this out. My guess is within the NFL management structure there are cliques and one hostile probably both to Goodell and the Pats released this stuff to make both of those sides look bad. Someone might be trying to pull a coup on the commish. :2cents:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The league offices look worse for this story than the Pat's do. We all knew that Belichick* and the Patriots* were a bunch of cheating A-holes with no respect for the game. Now we know the league office helped cover up the extent of their crimes.

The writing was on the wall for years now. Deflategate took a total of 260+ days of investigation.. Spygate? 4 days. Witnesses? Deflategate - 66, Spygate - 4. Evidence? LOL Tapes were destroyed in spygate.

Cover up? Maybe? :lol:

I said it years ago. Goodell was so paranoid of a federal investigation he called Mike Martz "in panic" and wanted him to write a statement because it would have tainted the NFL brand. It's too bad Mike Martz didn't say what so many of his players wanted him to say and call BULLSHIT.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you start attributing everything to only one single team all the time, it's not paranoia, it's knowing that unfair advantage is at play here.

They THINK. Key phrase. There is the saying that "Even paranoids have real enemies".

I understand the reputation of the Patriots and, yes, it's better to be safe than sorry but it's not all true, other teams most certainly in similar ways etc and no one cares.. There's an element of truth and then there's the paranoid part.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it's coming out that the Patriots had employees sneak into the opposing locker room during warm ups and steal game plan/play sheets. The Patriots will have their rings, but outside their own fans, they will not be respected for what they accomplished. They'll go down as the Sammy Sosa of the NFL
Yes and there is another report that they put itching powder in all the players jocks:dhd:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is the only one who can get in trouble here. The Patriots issues are closed (for better or worse).

So you want us to believe he's responsible for further trashing his own legacy and possibly putting his own job in jeopardy, just to impugn the Patriots as well?

That's not the Roger Goodell I know. The one that goes to great lengths to put the shield first.

Unless the NFL was Stooooopid enough to leak this to ESPN I actually think this was something the OTL people were working on for a while. Why would Goodell and the NFL want something like this.. .

Maybe he'll get fired for Spygate now. LOL.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writing was on the wall for years now. Deflategate took a total of 260+ days of investigation.. Spygate? 4 days. Witnesses? Deflategate - 66, Spygate - 4. Evidence? LOL Tapes were destroyed in spygate.

Cover up? Maybe? :lol:

I said it years ago. Goodell was so paranoid of a federal investigation he called Mike Martz "in panic" and wanted him to write a statement because it would have tainted the NFL brand. It's too bad Mike Martz didn't say what so many of his players wanted him to say and call BULLSHIT.
The same coach they try to tie this report to fro him being fired. It was 7 years later.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and there is another report that they put itching powder in all the players jocks:dhd:
they had equipment guys loosen all of the opposing teams cleats in snow gamed sat foxboro.

dont you know kraft has these buffalo wild wings beepers on everyone?

buffalo-wild-wings-blackout-o.gif

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steroids weren't ''against the rules'' back in the day in baseball. How did that work out for the cheaters legacies? In the end, your team may not suffer suspensions, but their place in history and reputation is damaged forever
Steroids were and still are illegal unless prescribed from a doctor.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same coach they try to tie this report to fro him being fired. It was 7 years later.

If Martz's statement in 2007/2008 was because he didn't want the investigation to hurt the NFL as a favor to Goodell, why would he publicly come out and say something different from his original statement like he has now?

Martz says "it's all good" 8 years ago. Now ESPN asks Martz the question and since Goodell has egg all over his face, Martz now says "Goodell was in panic mode and asked me to say this for the sake of the NFL"

What does Martz benefit from saying this now? All Martz confirms is that Goodell is a boob and the Pats need asterisks.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can fill in your dots when it's Goodell and ESPN, but you can't fill in the dots with Goodell and Kraft/Pats during spygate?

Evidence destroyed. Cover-ups galore, many NFL teams accusing the Pats of cheating/having signals/plays/walk-thru, former coaches saying Goodell told them to write a statement saying "it's all good"

You are so one sided Rock and pretty much in full blown Pats delusionland.

Oh I know.. I know.. I'm retarded :lol:
Note in this article how many are un-named sources just plenty of execs, players, owners or individuals who wouldn't speak??? Strange don't you think? Also look up the bio for the writer. Find anything amusing about his previous works?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note in this article how many are un-named sources just plenty of execs, players, owners or individuals who wouldn't speak??? Strange don't you think? Also look up the bio for the writer. Find anything amusing about his previous works?

Like Mike Martz? Hines Ward? Jimmy Dee? Matt Walsh?