• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots owner, ‘Deflategate’ judge mingle at party: Internet and SportsHoopla explode with tin foil hats!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Martz's statement in 2007/2008 was because he didn't want the investigation to hurt the NFL as a favor to Goodell, why would he publicly come out and say something different from his original statement like he has now?

Martz says "it's all good" 8 years ago. Now ESPN asks Martz the question and since Goodell has egg all over his face, Martz now says "Goodell was in panic mode and asked me to say this for the sake of the NFL"

What does Martz benefit from saying this now? All Martz confirms is that Goodell is a boob and the Pats need asterisks.

I'm not saying that didn't happen, absolutely not, BUT it was also 8 years ago. Does Martz really remember word for word something like that?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I not saying that didn't happen, absolutely not, BUT it was also 8 years ago. Does Martz really remember word for word something like that?

So you are saying he wouldn't remember "caving in" to the commish "for the good of the NFL" after losing a super bowl to the Asterisks?

Cmon man!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell pushed Deflategate because MANY NFL owners were tired of "a certain team" pushing the envelope and knew that Spygate got handled wrong.

Goodell rushed, destroyed evidence, then covered up Spygate.. then made a circus out of Deflategate because he messed up on Spygate.

Serves as a lesson to all morons in a high position. When you cover up the truth, it always comes back and bites you in the ass. And Goodell should look like the idiot here.

Last edited:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you've hit rock bottom as a commissioner when you can't attend the opening night of your own league!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying he wouldn't remember "caving in" to the commish "for the good of the NFL" after losing a super bowl to the Asterisks?

Cmon man!

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the part where he doesn't recognize the statement as if the NFL altered it after the fact.. Maybe it's true but maybe it's been 8 years and he doesn't quite remember.

Of course Martz lost his reputation as an offensive genius in that game so he wouldn't have a bone to pick.
As if abusing the Rams receivers and keeping Marshall Faulk tied up wasn't the reason for the Rams defeat but was instead those tapes..

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the part where he doesn't recognize the statement as if the NFL altered it after the fact.. Maybe it's true but maybe it's been 8 years and he doesn't quite remember.

Of course Martz lost his reputation as an offensive genius in that game so he wouldn't have a bone to pick.
As if abusing the Rams receivers and keeping Marshall Faulk tied up wasn't the reason for the Rams defeat but was instead those tapes..

If Martz gave Goodell a BS statement, then he had to stand behind it until something like this came out. When he gave that BS statement, the NFL/Goodell could do whatever they wanted with his words because they were FALSE. What's Mad Mike gonna do after a BS statement?? Come out and say "Sorry I was bullshitting, this is all bullshit."

A lot of bullshit if you ask me. And yeah Mad Mike "lost it" when he started chucking the ball around too much and went pass happy. When you give Faulk the ball 15 times a game you should be shot.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes the Pats won by a FG. We had 3 turnovers.

But WHY did the NFL destroy the tapes? Why did Goodell ask Martz to give a FALSE statement?

:L Goodell was trying to protect the brand of the NFL because the Pats were cheating.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Willie McGinest thinks Marshall Faulk is a pussy :nod:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Pats won by a FG. We had 3 turnovers.

But WHY did the NFL destroy the tapes? Why did Goodell ask Martz to give a FALSE statement?

:L Goodell was trying to protect the brand of the NFL because the Pats were cheating.

What was the spread on that game? Martz is a chucklehead for losing that SB to such an overwhelming underdog.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That better be ice cream cake!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Marshall is not an idiot, but he is a pussy and big Willie (known as Wilma to many in New England) abused him badly in that game.

Big Willie abused his own grandmother. At 6'7 280, I would hope the guy didn't eat his own children.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Marshall is not an idiot, but he is a pussy and big Willie (known as Wilma to many in New England) abused him badly in that game.

Yes they did what no team could do that entire season. :yo:

Wonder how?

“During a five-minute conversation, Martz recalls that the commissioner sounded panicked about Specter’s calls for a wider investigation,” ESPN wrote. “Martz also recalls that Goodell asked him to write a statement, saying that he was satisfied with the NFL’s Spygate investigation and was certain the Patriots had not cheated and asking everyone to move on — like leaders of the Steelers and Eagles had done.”
“He told me, ‘The league doesn’t need this. We’re asking you to come out with a couple lines exonerating us and saying we did our due diligence,’ ” Martz said, per ESPN.

:amen:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Martz gave Goodell a BS statement, then he had to stand behind it until something like this came out. When he gave that BS statement, the NFL/Goodell could do whatever they wanted with his words because they were FALSE. What's Mad Mike gonna do after a BS statement?? Come out and say "Sorry I was bullshitting, this is all bullshit."

A lot of bullshit if you ask me. And yeah Mad Mike "lost it" when he started chucking the ball around too much and went pass happy. When you give Faulk the ball 15 times a game you should be shot.

There are two parts here. One is that Goodell wanted to say that Martz was ok with the investigation. That's plausible. You could see that. Martz is now saying they changed what he said. Again 8 years ago.

Isn't this related to the change that the Pats taped the Rams walkthrough? That was found false and ESPN apologized for several times.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two parts here. One is that Goodell wanted to say that Martz was ok with the investigation. That's plausible. You could see that. Martz is now saying they changed what he said. Again 8 years ago.

Isn't this related to the change that the Pats taped the Rams walkthrough? That was found false and ESPN apologized for several times.

“During a five-minute conversation, Martz recalls that the commissioner sounded panicked about Specter’s calls for a wider investigation,” ESPN wrote. “Martz also recalls that Goodell asked him to write a statement, saying that he was satisfied with the NFL’s Spygate investigation and was certain the Patriots had not cheated and asking everyone to move on — like leaders of the Steelers and Eagles had done.”
“He told me, ‘The league doesn’t need this. We’re asking you to come out with a couple lines exonerating us and saying we did our due diligence,’ ” Martz said, per ESPN.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Willie abused his own grandmother. At 6'7 280, I would hope the guy didn't eat his own children.

6'5", 270 lbs.

He was very versatile on those early SB teams.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good old Ernie Adams. The "secret" of Belichick's success. I haven't heard about him for a while.

This really is like Deja Vu. All the old articles are coming back..

Someone is pissed.. ESPN, the NFL.