• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots game notes

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How much do you guys think losing Dobbs will hurt the team versus the Patriots? DL was already thin to begin with and losing Dobbs just magnifies the lack of depth even further. The Pats will run a very fast tempo offense in an effort to tire out the 49er pass rush and I think a tired out Aldon and Justin will be a real factor in how much time Brady has in the pocket.

don't we still have RJF and Tukuafu? i'd think we'll be in nickel most of the game anyway?

no doubt a tired out Aldon and Justin hurts, and is why our offense has to help out. don't see us stopping their O but don't see why we can't slow them down, force more field goals?

our ST's doesn't need to break anything big, but don't make mistakes.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do you guys think losing Dobbs will hurt the team versus the Patriots? DL was already thin to begin with and losing Dobbs just magnifies the lack of depth even further. The Pats will run a very fast tempo offense in an effort to tire out the 49er pass rush and I think a tired out Aldon and Justin will be a real factor in how much time Brady has in the pocket.

Not gonna lie, I don't think we'll see a dropoff with the DL. If anything there'll be fatigue perhaps, unless we roll with the backup OLBs as down lineman....

Dobbs, with good potential, hasn't been crazy this year IMO.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manningham missed practice again today.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Rogers has a single INT this year, does he? Last year was very flukey.

Ints are down across the board, TOs in general but the defense remains stout(for the most part)...

Not so much the INTs(would luv them) but the coverage and defense to be played on the WR and the ball....

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is critical to the offense if we need to keep up with a team like New England.

100% Agree! If he can't go then either/or Ginn and Jenkins will have to see targets Sunday night.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ints are down across the board, TOs in general but the defense remains stout(for the most part)...

Not so much the INTs(would luv them) but the coverage and defense to be played on the WR and the ball....

They play so much soft coverage. But that is also the reason you don't see any deep passes completed against the 49ers.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% Agree! If he can't go then either/or Ginn and Jenkins will have to see targets Sunday night.

I'd prefer Moss over either of those guys.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: Son of a gun: Roman learned pistol formation from the master

Tight end Vernon Davis was held to just one catch against the Dolphins and has three catches for 19 yards in the last three games. Roman declined to say exactly how defenses are taking Davis out of the game.

"I'd say that they're paying a lot of attention to him at times," Roman said. "You know, on Kap's 50-yard run a couple of weeks ago (vs. St. Louis), there's 10 guys - Vernon ran that way - and there's 10 guys on that side of the field. So I think that kind of paints a picture."