• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: True grit: Harbaugh optimistic Justin Smith will practice this week

Harbaugh also was asked about rookie LaMichael James' performance against the Patriots.

"Not perfect by all standards," he said. "I saw a few cuts that maybe he'll learn from and make improvements on as we go forward. But, boy, all in all, what he gave us in the kick-return game - and not just the big 62 yarder -- but he had another one in there for about 34 yards, held onto the football, got extra yards after contact. He's been a very good complement to Frank Gore."

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: True grit: Harbaugh optimistic Justin Smith will practice this week

Harbaugh also was asked about rookie LaMichael James' performance against the Patriots.

"Not perfect by all standards," he said. "I saw a few cuts that maybe he'll learn from and make improvements on as we go forward. But, boy, all in all, what he gave us in the kick-return game - and not just the big 62 yarder -- but he had another one in there for about 34 yards, held onto the football, got extra yards after contact. He's been a very good complement to Frank Gore."

yep, secured the ball.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/18/pff-had-a-bad-day-team-of-week-15/

I don't think I've ever seen Justin Smith make the "Had a Bad Day Team" before.

Defensive Front 4-3

Defensive Tackle: Brandon Deaderick, NE (-3.2) and Sen’Derrick Marks TEN (-4.7)

Just the one tackle for Deaderick who was thoroughly overmatched against the 49ers. Marks had plenty of problems against Brandon Moore and company while being flagged for two penalties.

---------------------

Defensive Line: Corey Liuget, SD (-2.4), Justin Smith, SF (-2.1) and Terrence Cody, BLT (-3.5)

A quiet day for Smith, who just couldn’t get anything going rushing the passer even before he went down hurt. Liuget just couldn’t get anything going in the run game consistently in one of his worst performances of the year. For such a big guy, Cody sure does get moved about easily.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFF Team of Week 15

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/18/pff-team-of-week-15/

Inside Linebackers: Brad Jones, GB (+2.3) and NaVorro Bowman, SF (+2.1)

Jones has been a quiet success since moving to inside linebacker for the Packers. There’s been nothing quiet about the success of Bowman, however, who held up against the Patriots’ passing attack.

-------------------

Punter: Andy Lee (SF)

Returner: LaMichael James (SF)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/18/pff-had-a-bad-day-team-of-week-15/

I don't think I've ever seen Justin Smith make the "Had a Bad Day Team" before.

Defensive Front 4-3

Defensive Tackle: Brandon Deaderick, NE (-3.2) and Sen’Derrick Marks TEN (-4.7)

Just the one tackle for Deaderick who was thoroughly overmatched against the 49ers. Marks had plenty of problems against Brandon Moore and company while being flagged for two penalties.

---------------------

Defensive Line: Corey Liuget, SD (-2.4), Justin Smith, SF (-2.1) and Terrence Cody, BLT (-3.5)

A quiet day for Smith, who just couldn’t get anything going rushing the passer even before he went down hurt. Liuget just couldn’t get anything going in the run game consistently in one of his worst performances of the year. For such a big guy, Cody sure does get moved about easily.

I don't have the time to go back and check to see how many times or if this is the first time he's ever made the "Had a Bad Day Team", but I was able to check all his game grades by PFF and see how many games he's graded out negatively for them. Since 2009, he's ONLY graded negatively FIVE times.

2012 - vs. BUF, @ NE
2011 - @ CIN
2010 - @ ATL
2009 - @ GB

Since 2009, he's only graded negatively ONE time while playing at home and it was this year at Buffalo. In that game he graded out at -2.4 overall and much of that was for his run defense in their eyes (-2.0).

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just watched on NFL network, they had the Director of Officating on, and he admitted that the Walker fumble wasn't really a fumble and should have been a ruled an incomplete pass. Supposedly it was only confirmed 'upstairs' and never actually went to the ref in the game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched on NFL network, they had the Director of Officating on, and he admitted that the Walker fumble wasn't really a fumble and should have been a ruled an incomplete pass. Supposedly it was only confirmed 'upstairs' and never actually went to the ref in the game.

No Brainer! That was one of a few really bad calls and non-calls in the game; the worst of which was the PI on Brown. These types bad calls/non-calls if allowed to continue are going to cost some team a playoff game or worse.