• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patience is a virtue

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs looking like a damn solid football team.

Nice to give their long suffering fans something to cheer about for a change

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm happy for the fans and for Andy Reid. I'd love to be in KC tonight because there are some drunk people having allot of fun.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking around the interwebs, everyone is talking about the offense struggling right now and it's true - so many good things happened - INTs, fumbles, etc. and the Chiefs didn't blow them out - BUT as far as patterns go, Kansas City's getting better and adding plays.

Smith's attempts this year - 34, 36 (2 spikes), and 35 (1 spike) - without the spikes - ALL have 34 attempts.

Smith's yards this year - 173, 223, 273 - up 50 yards per game - I realize that there was a lot of YAC but that goes to my next point.

Those plays to Avery that had a lot of YAC were in the playbook at the start of the year - why didn't Andy use them? Because he didn't have to. I'm not suggesting the Chiefs are better than everyone and can hold back plays - but Reid is unrolling the playbook gradually - either based upon opponent, game situation, or readiness of the offense that NEEDS to gel a bit.

It's great that KC's getting these wins despite the growing pains - a BIG collateral assistance of a great defense so far. Also, with all the talk of a short week this week - the Chiefs have time to prepare for New York, who despite their slow start seem to have Smith's number in terms of wins (playoff punt returner fumble game, WRs separation, and third down conversions) and stats (lone 3 INT game last year by Smith) since that one regular season game that Smith beat them (2011).

The Chiefs NEED the extra time to prepare because the Giants are better than their record. It would be best for the Giants to win this weeks game in a lucky but fools' gold way - to get them thinking things have already turned around and fine and then KC's defense hits them. I wouldn't want them pissed off or playing for anyone's job or genuinely good and confident. I'd want a bunch of TOs by their opponent and Eli on the bench blowout win. Or I'd want them to use all their tricks in a comeback win so Sutton would have more film on them.

It's not that complicated, KC just wants a win - but there are several ways that may make that win easier. First being on the Chiefs end - get some rest, stay or get healthy, and work hard.