• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Past game 7 of world series

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 has been won by the home team in the last 8 World Series that have gone to seven games, Game 7 had been most often won by the road team.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You don't even want to think about going back to STL for Game 6.

The way to think about the Series is that it is a best 3 out of 5 ... starting Saturday night ... with the first 3 games at TEX ... who with the better record and finish more rightfully has HFA.

TEX needs to close it out in three.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The way to think about the Series is that it is a best 3 out of 5 ... starting Saturday night ... with the first 3 games at TEX ... who with the better record and finish more rightfully has HFA.

Totally Agree with you. Like to win the next three. St Louis is National League Baseball and its tough on all AL Clubs. Hard to be without a DH. Rangers had to get out there with at least a Split. That was Accomplished. Now lets gets rolling starting tomorrow night.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude filling in for Jim Rome today on the radio said "Don't expect this series to go back to St Louis"

Whatever that guys name was > Rome

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Totally Agree with you. Like to win the next three. St Louis is National League Baseball and its tough on all AL Clubs. Hard to be without a DH. Rangers had to get out there with at least a Split. That was Accomplished. Now lets gets rolling starting tomorrow night.

I imagine TEX would have preferred for the three game set to start tonight ... not Saturday night. Need to ride the momentum. I think every one of us would have liked to be watching baseball right now.

There is something very special about a Friday night game at RBIA ... especially when TEX wears RED. TEX needs to wear RED this weekend and do to STL same as it does to LAA.

The whole travel day thing is a sham especially when the two cities are only a little over an hour apart ... and TEX spent the season shuffling off to division games on the west coast with no days off for "travel'.

Wish it all started tonight.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine TEX would have preferred for the three game set to start tonight ... not Saturday night. Need to ride the momentum. I think every one of us would have liked to be watching baseball right now.

There is something very special about a Friday night game at RBIA ... especially when TEX wears RED. TEX needs to wear RED this weekend and do to STL same as it does to LAA.

The whole travel day thing is a sham especially when the two cities are only a little over an hour apart ... and TEX spent the season shuffling off to division games on the west coast with no days off for "travel'.

Wish it all started tonight.

Wearing Red in the playoffs has not been good for us. I don't think we've won a game wearing red. On the other hand I will be wearing my Red Derek Holland Jersey because we've won the last two games while I've been wearing it.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to win 3 straight and wrap it up at home. But with 3 straight lefties going against a right-handed heavy team in a smaller ballpark, I got to think the Cards are going to score some runs and steal one in Arlington. It almost makes me want to start Feldman in game 4 just to mix it up. Nothing against Holland but he's been inconsistent.

Either way, as long as we win 2 out of 3 at home I'll be satisfied, fully believing we can win 1 more back in St Louis.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To tell you the truth its going to be really hard to sweep at home
But anything can happen sooo...

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is just plain arrogant. Do you really think Texas can beat the Cardinals 4 straight games? They'll be lucky to do it two in a row. Hell, they were lucky just to get that one victory. Why not instead of talking about MVP's and sweeping the Cards out of the playoffs just take it one game at a time?

The series is tied 1-1. No team has established any kind of dominance. No team has established that they are even remotely better than the other one. One 3-2 game and one 2-1 game. So after 2 games both teams has scored 4 runs each. And here you are talking about Kinsler being the MVP in another thread and the Rangers winning 4 straight in this one.

I always thought you were pretty sharp and very knowledgeable but this is very premature. You have no clue how Harrison, Holland and even Wilson are going to perform in the launching pad against that unreal Cardinal lineup. The only thing we think we know is that the Rangers will be able to hit Lohse and Jackson though I wouldn't expect either to get much of an opportunity to get torched. LaRussa will give them the hook and rather quickly.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you see that guy named Craig? He is pretty good, no? That is going to be the DH. With the DH the 1-9 lineup for the Cardinals is just as good if not better than the Rangers. Goodness. Pujols, Berkman, Holliday. Ever here of those guys?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just plain arrogant. Do you really think Texas can beat the Cardinals 4 straight games? They'll be lucky to do it two in a row. Hell, they were lucky just to get that one victory. Why not instead of talking about MVP's and sweeping the Cards out of the playoffs just take it one game at a time?

The series is tied 1-1. No team has established any kind of dominance. No team has established that they are even remotely better than the other one. One 3-2 game and one 2-1 game. So after 2 games both teams has scored 4 runs each. And here you are talking about Kinsler being the MVP in another thread and the Rangers winning 4 straight in this one.

I always thought you were pretty sharp and very knowledgeable but this is very premature. You have no clue how Harrison, Holland and even Wilson are going to perform in the launching pad against that unreal Cardinal lineup. The only thing we think we know is that the Rangers will be able to hit Lohse and Jackson though I wouldn't expect either to get much of an opportunity to get torched. LaRussa will give them the hook and rather quickly.

Well.... Looks like someone jumped off the rangers bandwagons. This is why you cant root for 2 teams. Anyway we will all agree the cards are going to dominate texas cause there the way better team we might as well throw in the towel now..

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I KNEW IT.

I had a feeling you were separating yourself from us.

You were never a true Ranger fan to begin with!

Which is fine. What upsets me is you pretended to be.

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so elvis hit a raging fastball for a single?

you call that lucky?

get over yourself nurse

if it was the cardinals who had that rally you'd call it legit

i cannot believe how you've turned

i cannot believe windingmywatch respects you as much as he does

youve been acting like every other troll that comes on here

im ashamed

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some of you guys thought I wasn't a real fan!

Sheesh and hooboy!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did you see that guy named Craig? He is pretty good, no? That is going to be the DH. With the DH the 1-9 lineup for the Cardinals is just as good if not better than the Rangers. Goodness. Pujols, Berkman, Holliday. Ever here of those guys?

Ginger it's cool you're passionate about your team :) However, I respectfully disagree with your assessment that the Cardinals line-up is better or even with the Rangers line-up. The season's numbers don't support your assessment (even with the DH factored in), nor do the players' career/track records, or full season statistical projections from 2011, if all players were healthy for a full-season.

This is rough and it's late, but I subtracted out the Cardinals pitchers at-bats/hits and replaced them with Craig's projected stats for those at-bats. I did not factor out the Rangers pitchers' at-bats. The Rangers batted .283 vs. .281 for the Cards. I projected out Craigs' HRs, RBI, Runs, and did not subtract our Westbrook/Garcia's HRs/etc and the Rangers still had 35 more HRs and about produced 50ish or more runs scored.

Both Harrison/Holland's numbers compare favorably against Lohse/Jackson when considering the DH factor. The Rangers just forced Motte's first BS of the postseason and were primed to do the same against Valverade in the previous series. The Rangers are beasts at home and now have won 4 straight playoff home games. As for Carpenter, the Rangers typically do better against a guy after facing him for the first time. Carp is obviously tough, but with his elbow issues and due to pitching at the Ballpark, I like the Rangers chances - Rangers let this guy off the hook a few times in game 1. CJ does worry me, but if ever the due factor were in effect it would be for CJ in his last start of the year.

I understand Freese started the season of very hot before an injury knocked him out, and it probably cooled him down (no pun intended). Though, many players start the season hot and cool down over long season. However, Hamilton (reigning MVP) has been injured most the season, and it's probably affected his season. Both Beltre/Cruz were heating up before their injuries, and we know Nap didn't play much early. With those four healthy, the Rangers offense would have been unreal/phenomenal. Anyway all this junk is speculation and none if it will really matter the rest of this series. I'll take the Rangers line-up 10 of 10 times against any other line-up in baseball. Pujols is the only guy I'd take over anyone in the Rangers line-up from STL - I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers make a play for Albert in the off-season:

Cruz > Berkman (Cruz ALCS MVP '11/Monster in '10, too)
Hamilton > Holiday (Ham 2010 League MVP, '10 ALCS MVP)
Murphy = Jay
Beltre > Freese (Beltre is the best 3B in the game period)
Andrus > Furcal (this one is close)
Kinsler >> Skip/Punto (no need to even discuss)
Pujols >>>> Moreland (obviously no need to say anything here)
Nap > Molina (Napoli has been absolute beast)
MY > Craig (MY - legit '11 MVP contender)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't think winding was being arrogant here. He just plainly stated from a Rangers perspective that they should take care of the HFA the next three games and win. He's right. And the Rangers are certainly capable of beating any team 4 games in a row because they have 4 quality starters, a great/shutdown bullpen, much improved defense, and best offense in the land.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Craig is certainly clutch, but reminds of Chris Davis (the situation not necessarily the player). Took the league by storm with limited at-bats and not much of a scouting report for the league to study. However, the league caught on to CD and will make Craig adjust, too. I'm hopeful with the WS at stake, the Rangers will force Craig to hit offspeed/breaking pitches. He will have to produce against the Rangers game-planning for him. Mike Maddux is a pitching genius and big on details, and I fully trust he will have his guys ready to handle Craig more appropriately.

Ogando is phenomenal, however, last year he was not as successful pitching with inherited runners out of the bullpen. If Ogando starts his inning, he's nearly untouchable in the bullpen. I give Craig a ton of credit, but I want to see if hit Ogando when Ogando starts his own inning. I'll trust Ogando will get the job done moving forward.