• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers vs. 49ers

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Good game for both sides and as a 9er fan I look forward to making all those 8-8, 9-7 guys eat crow.

The officiating was horrible for both sides and the regular officials might've just won some leverage.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game for both sides and as a 9er fan I look forward to making all those 8-8, 9-7 guys eat crow.

The officiating was horrible for both sides and the regular officials might've just won some leverage.

You sir, are a reasonable human being. The best team won yesterday. I'm still impressed with Frank Gore after all those college injuries and all this time in the NFL, still a hell of a runningback.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Worst part for the Packers is the NFL did them no favors when it came to scheduling with that Thursday night game against the Bears. Since the 9ers are so physical the last thing is play another team on a very short week.

Overall I think the Packers will be fine since I think their defense will eventually settle down and gel together but I think they are realistically staring 0-2 in the face right now.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough 6 game stretch for us, honestly. We go from hard hitting 49ers to hard hitting Bears. I think the Seahawks will be beatable but I don't think Wilson will make mistakes and give us the ball as much as we like. Then we have the Saints, that'll be shootout, and the bounty hunters are apparently un-suspended. Then we're on to the Colts, which should be a win but who knows. Then it's off to the hard hitting Texans. Could be looking at a 2-4 start.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, since most of the rest of your guys don't post here and won't see this....

The shit I'm starting on your board isn't totally genuine on my part. I thought most of the bad calls were in our favor, and most of the time your DBs are legit coverage. They get away with some stuff but it's ticky tack stuff that I bitch about every time Woodson gets called for it so I really can't complain....

I also thought that Alex Smith looked GREAT yesterday. There was something about his arm yesterday that just looked different. I think he's easily a Super Bowl caliber QB now. He probably was last year too, the Giants just got on another one of those Lucky Charms runs and their DL got fired up.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst part for the Packers is the NFL did them no favors when it came to scheduling with that Thursday night game against the Bears. Since the 9ers are so physical the last thing is play another team on a very short week.

Overall I think the Packers will be fine since I think their defense will eventually settle down and gel together but I think they are realistically staring 0-2 in the face right now.
But after Chicago it's like a mini-bye.
Next game is on Monday Night Football.

Sorry - Cutler hasn't shown me anything to make me fear him playing GB yet.

I'm not sure the Packers will face a D as good as SF again this season.
[until they meet again in the play-offs]

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not as good, but Urlacher and Briggs are always good for a couple big hits. It'll be nice to have extra time to prepare for the Seahawks.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not sold on the Bears offense as well but the Bears and Packers are notoriously close games and the Pack only 3 days to fix the massive problems on defense before they do face them just isn't a good thing for them.

I think it'll help that the Pack don't play the 49ers defense and if they aren't motivated to win this game after laying two eggs at home in a row than I don't know what will fire them up.