• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers game

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like it's gonna be relatively cold and snowing for the game on Sunday. That always makes the game more interesting. Both teams have played in worse conditions, so it shouldn't be a huge problem, but footing could be an issue if it snows.

The weather forecast has been changing over the last day or so. yesterday I looked at my phone for weather where I live and also for the game and in my area in Southern WI they were saying 2 - 4" of snow and it showed all Sun and mid 20s in GB for the game. Now I am getting snow warnings on my phone and will be getting them for the next 3 days now until Sunday night is over as the storm track must have shifted as they are predicting 6 - 10" in the area where I live and 6 - 8" up in GB starting late Sat afternoon through Sunday evening. So there could be more than initially expected.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like it's gonna be relatively cold and snowing for the game on Sunday. That always makes the game more interesting. Both teams have played in worse conditions, so it shouldn't be a huge problem, but footing could be an issue if it snows.

Lambeau isn't the frozen tundra any more. The "owners" have spent a lot of money installing what's basically an antifreeze grid under the surface under the field. It keeps the ground from becoming frozen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825faf0a/article/packers-frozentundra-mystique-melts-with-turfheating-system?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env=&pageKeyValues=team=gb;conf=nfc;dvsn=ncn&sr=amp?client=safari

According to TJ Lang the surface is the same in the summer as it in the winter.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lambeau isn't the frozen tundra any more. The "owners" have spent a lot of money installing what's basically an antifreeze grid under the surface under the field. It keeps the ground from becoming frozen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825faf0a/article/packers-frozentundra-mystique-melts-with-turfheating-system?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env=&pageKeyValues=team=gb;conf=nfc;dvsn=ncn&sr=amp?client=safari

According to TJ Lang the surface is the same in the summer as it in the winter.

When the Lambeau got the name frozen Tundra basically from the Ice Bowl when the heating system broke back on 1967 and they played on a field of rock hard ground that cleats would not sink into. Lambeau has been heated for many years. The term frozen tundra now is mostly used because of the weather surrounding the playing surface. The cooler temps, the wind with the cooler temps, possible snow and weather conditions and not if the field is frozen.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weather forecast has been changing over the last day or so. yesterday I looked at my phone for weather where I live and also for the game and in my area in Southern WI they were saying 2 - 4" of snow and it showed all Sun and mid 20s in GB for the game. Now I am getting snow warnings on my phone and will be getting them for the next 3 days now until Sunday night is over as the storm track must have shifted as they are predicting 6 - 10" in the area where I live and 6 - 8" up in GB starting late Sat afternoon through Sunday evening. So there could be more than initially expected.
Since it appears the temps will be above 20 degrees, I think any weather circumstance favors Seattle. My reason is Seattle will run the ball better and the WR's are more efficient. Hawks QB is also a better runner. Snow, rain, wind, I like Seattle above 20 degrees.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a lot of debate this week on Detroit sports radio debating what benefits the Lions more. If the Packers win, we are the 2 seed with 3 games left. But if the Seahawks win, we are 3 games up on the Packers for first in the North with 3 games left.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it appears the temps will be above 20 degrees, I think any weather circumstance favors Seattle. My reason is Seattle will run the ball better and the WR's are more efficient. Hawks QB is also a better runner. Snow, rain, wind, I like Seattle above 20 degrees.

Ah that all depends on the amount of snow. It will be hard to get speed and traction if there are 2 or 3 inches up snow on the field. The O lines will have a harder time run blocking and getting traction And the deep pass would not be as effective either as the timing could be off with slipping and such. My opinion is if there is snow accumulating on the field the thing that will work the best is the short passing game as the QB and receivers know where they are going and the defense will have a hard time reacting. The winds are suppose to be around 10mph so no big deal there.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah that all depends on the amount of snow. It will be hard to get speed and traction if there are 2 or 3 inches up snow on the field. The O lines will have a harder time run blocking and getting traction And the deep pass would not be as effective either as the timing could be off with slipping and such. My opinion is if there is snow accumulating on the field the thing that will work the best is the short passing game as the QB and receivers know where they are going and the defense will have a hard time reacting. The winds are suppose to be around 10mph so no big deal there.

I guess they even have a name for this storm now "Caly"

Rippeology: Caly: An Imperfect Storm (Updated)

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-12-09%2Bat%2B7.19.13%2BAM.png