• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers trade two draft picks to desperate Nets for Thad

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am honestly not sure that matters.

Um, yes it does...We took the #2 seed Raptors to seven with Paul George as out lone playmaker...And now we've added a real coach and a reasonable supporting cast in addition to the second-best player in the east. So yeah, it matters...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, yes it does...We took the #2 seed Raptors to seven with Paul George as out lone playmaker...And now we've added a real coach and a reasonable supporting cast in addition to the second-best player in the east. So yeah, it matters...

Your "real coach" is most likely a downgrade from Vogel and they are not good enough to beat the Cavs, so it does not matter if they are second best. Like I said. If you are going to delude yourself into thinking this squad should be expected to get to the Finals and compete for a championship, go right ahead. That is not reality though.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your "real coach" is most likely a downgrade from Vogel and they are not good enough to beat the Cavs, so it does not matter if they are second best. Like I said. If you are going to delude yourself into thinking this squad should be expected to get to the Finals and compete for a championship, go right ahead. That is not reality though.

Clearly you don't watch or follow Pacers basketball if you think Vogel is an adequate playoffs coach and/or offensive strategist.

But then again, I wouldn't consider myself a true fan if I didn't expect us to win, just like how I expected us to beat Miami a few years ago even when the entire world was against us.

The true reality is that LeBron can't play forever, and someone has to compete with Cleveland for Eastern Conference titles. We got the second best player in the conference and an upgraded supporting cast and coaching staff, so that team might as well be us.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you don't watch or follow Pacers basketball if you think Vogel is an adequate playoffs coach and/or offensive strategist.

But then again, I wouldn't consider myself a true fan if I didn't expect us to win, just like how I expected us to beat Miami a few years ago even when the entire world was against us.

The true reality is that LeBron can't play forever, and someone has to compete with Cleveland for Eastern Conference titles. We got the second best player in the conference and an upgraded supporting cast and coaching staff, so that team might as well be us.

1) every coach has strengths and weaknesses. Vogel may not be the best offensive coach out there, but he is a good coach. Unfortunately for him, Orlando looks bleak. Your contention that the Pacers have a "real coach" now is BS. McMillan is solid, but when the Pacers win more games next year it won't be because of coaching. They have better players now.

2) maybe the Pacers get to the ECF, but that does not necessarily mean they are competing on the same level as the Cavs. Being a good fan does not mean you always expect your team to win. In fact, I would argue that having unrealistic expectations would actually push you closer to bad fan territory. Good fans support their teams no matter what and they are able to realize when their teams overachieve/underachieve. you always hope for the unexpected victory against the top flight teams, but hoping and expecting are two terribly different things. Unrealistic expectations can set the table for poor management decisions and ungrateful behavior from fans.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) every coach has strengths and weaknesses. Vogel may not be the best offensive coach out there, but he is a good coach. Unfortunately for him, Orlando looks bleak. Your contention that the Pacers have a "real coach" now is BS. McMillan is solid, but when the Pacers win more games next year it won't be because of coaching. They have better players now.

Actually I think Vogel and Magic have a ton of pieces now. I think next season will show how good of a coach that Vogel is. (I think Magic have to make at least 1 more move in the frontcourt for the pieces to fit -- but they are an interesting & relevant team now.)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think Vogel and Magic have a ton of pieces now. I think next season will show how good of a coach that Vogel is. (I think Magic have to make at least 1 more move in the frontcourt for the pieces to fit -- but they are an interesting & relevant team now.)

I don't know about relevant. I feel like what Orlando has done this season is the cardinal sin for rebuilding teams. They have mortgaged the future to get to the playoffs. While I think they will do that, what is their future upside?

I don't like that Ibaka and Gordon play the same position, but I do like the Biyombo and Augustine signings. Still though, they have very little talent on the wings.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does expecting your team to win have to do with being a "true fan?" There is also such a thing as being a realistic fan. I look at the Lakers and I know that they aren't even going to make the playoffs next year, let alone compete for a title.

Should I "expect them to win"? Or should I expect them to show improvement, be more competitive in more games and continue to build to the point that I can eventually "expect them to win"?

Am I not a "true fan" if I choose the 2nd and more realistic option?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pacers will be in the mix, along with Toronto and Boston for a chance to play in the ECF. No one at the moment can beat Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one thing they do have is front court guys that can play defense and switch in Ibaka and Biyombo.....a freaking crazy athlete in Gordon, and a offensive-oriented Vucevic....

team has talent on its roster now that is for sure....

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE:

He did not have a very good year this year, posting his lowest scoring average since his rookie year in Philly. The trade was a no-brainer at the time, but he looked a little heavy this year. He ain't in the stat-stuffing heaven in Brooklyn anymore.

Thad will be just one of several Pacers players with something to prove in 2017-18 (looking at you, Paul George)...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE:

He did not have a very good year this year, posting his lowest scoring average since his rookie year in Philly. The trade was a no-brainer at the time, but he looked a little heavy this year. He ain't in the stat-stuffing heaven in Brooklyn anymore.

Thad will be just one of several Pacers players with something to prove in 2017-18 (looking at you, Paul George)...

TODD!!!!!

I've missed ya little fella!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a lot of talent on this team but still need to work on intangibles.

Solomon Hill is going to be a bigger loss than people realize as we're going to need that second wing defender to help out George.

Another big to compliment Turner would be nice as well. Maybe Festus Ezeli...

BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!

2017 Eastern Conference Champs!:clap:

Congrats on being EC Champs...ohh wait :pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE:

It makes sense though, it was a Pacer move :laugh3:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats up man?

so far it looks like your Pacers put up the best fight for the Cavs.....

My five-month stand down is finally over. Not going to give attention to certain people on this site no more. What do you think of the Pacers' prospects of keeping George?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck against Golden State. Going to need it. Will be rooting for ya.

Thanks but Cleveland has just as much of a chance as GS, the odds dont say the same. But you as well as others know Lebron is playing the best ball of his career, maybe of all-time, only time will tell

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My five-month stand down is finally over. Not going to give attention to certain people on this site no more. What do you think of the Pacers' prospects of keeping George?
george is alllll about them lakers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i duno- they took a hit when he didnt make All NBA

he still has next year to make All NBA though. Itll be interesting.

I think its telling that Bird stepped down to be honest. He doesnt want to have to deal with this mess and a possible rebuild- giving the new GM the option of either trading George and rebuilding- or trying to give it another go.

Itll be interesting to see what happens.