• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12> SEC

DawgsOnTop

Heisman Contender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know why he uses a % for the OOC stat? Because if he used actual numbers people would laugh.

How about the Pac12 actually win a National Championship before they claim they are the best conference? Or has Team Pac12 taken on the Georgia reigns with Preseason Championships?

Call me offended.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to understand why so many sec fans get their jimmies so rustled when someone claims a conference was better than them in a single year. You can't possibly believe the same conference is hands down the best conference in football every. single. year. Over the span of the last 5 - 10 years the SEC has been collectively the best. That doesn't mean it is that way every year.
Don't lump us all together. I've followed the PAC a lot more closely the past few years since I've become a board friend of sorts with Mamba ... they are going to be good this year. The problem I see the PAC is going to have is that they have some tough schedules, and now that some schools other than USC and Oregon are playing better, they are going to beat each other up. Let's see how that depth works out for them. It's hard to see an undefeated team coming out of the PAC, but with strength of schedule, they likely get into the tourney over some B1G team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'ew new here ... get used to it. I've actually come to embrace it ... at least we have something to brag about every year :gaah:

Georgia didn't try to claim a preseason national championship this year.

Slipping.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh. Has been for years. The one good team the SEC put out each year carried the conference
things-every-single-human-being-cannot-help-but-do-4.gif

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia didn't try to claim a preseason national championship this year.

Slipping.

Atleast we've been close to winning the Fulmer Cup til AnM pretty much ran away with it lately

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon vs Texas, Oregon vs Kansas State, Oregon vs Oklahoma State Mamaba has a point the last few games of Oregon vs Big 12 Oregon has not really been challenged.

and still Oregon gets dominated in the BCSNCG. yes, the final score was close but Auburn should have won by 3 scores

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast we've been close to winning the Fulmer Cup til AnM pretty much ran away with it lately

Who's keeping score on that anymore? Seems EDSBS quit?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn won the game. Just not in dominating fashion as suggested.

Total yards

Auburn 519
Oregon 469

1st downs

Auburn 28
Oregon 23

Turnover

Auburn 2
Oregon 2

Final Auby by 3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only proves that they are obsessed with the SEC.........kinda sad if you ask me

Yeah, because picking on people spells obsession. That means everyone on this entire fucking site is obsessed then right? :L

You pick on things that work and nothing riles up a shit storm on this site like team SEC and any question about their schedules or dominance. If tSEC would just ignore the chaff it wouldn't be an issue. In fact one could say tSEC is obsessed about overrating to anything and everyone.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because picking on people spells obsession. That means everyone on this entire fucking site is obsessed then right? :L

You pick on things that work and nothing riles up a shit storm on this site like team SEC and any question about their schedules or dominance. If tSEC would just ignore the chaff it wouldn't be an issue. In fact one could say tSEC is obsessed about overrating to anything and everyone.

What a bunch of bullshit.

People obsess about the SEC because they are a bunch of haters and you would all circle jerk each other even if nobody defended anything. This idea that you are going to post a bunch of bullshit on a discussion forum and nobody is going to respond and that it's the fault of people responding for what happens is just 1 huge pile of shit.

You know why we don't post about the Pac12 or other conferences like this? It's not because there is no "team Pac12" - which btw is basically the only conference that actually has their own little thread that gets used, it's because nobody else gives a shit.

If someone made comments about Washington or the Pac12 you'd jump all over it. But it doesn't happen because nobody else cares.

You call it trolling and "picking on people" because you lack the balls to admit what it actually is. And honestly, even if what you said were true - it's still pretty pathetic that you need to try and upset other people for your own entertainment. That's quite a bit different than a little tongue in cheek jabbing.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and still Oregon gets dominated in the BCSNCG. yes, the final score was close but Auburn should have won by 3 scores

LMAO. All the Auburn fans I sat by were quaking as the Ducks stormed down the field to tie the game. Some domination...

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Pat Forde of Yahoo Sports.

Not sure if anyone posted this yet so I apologize if this is a duplicate thread

The programming pom-pom wavers at CBS and ESPN don’t want to hear it. Paul Finebaum’s collection of crazies doesn’t want to hear it. The “SEC! SEC! SEC!” chanters don’t want to hear it.

But hear this: The Pac-12 should be the premier conference in college football in 2014. To quote Jim Morrison, the West is the best.

In a watershed year when access to the national title is broader than ever, Larry Scott’s league has three important things going for it:

• The deepest pool of proven coaches it has ever had.

• The finest collection of quarterbacks in the nation. By a wide margin.

• The toughest schedules anywhere, in a year when strength of schedule (allegedly) will matter more than ever.

Ten of the 12 teams have a returning starter. Six of them threw for more than 3,000 yards in 2013. Five of them accounted for 34 or more touchdowns. Of the top 20 national returnees in pass efficiency, five are from the Pac-12.

“I don't think there is a conference that's close in terms of the quality of quarterbacks,” Mora said.

Something else that’s nearly all good: the Pac-12 schedules. This could be a huge factor in the College Football Playoff race if the selection committee practices what it has preached.

At present, no other power-five conference plays nine league games and a league championship game. The divisional champions will endure a 10-game gauntlet.
And then there is the non-conference slate. This is not a league full of teams looking to exclusively schedule FCS and low-end FBS softies. Among the non-conference games: UCLA against Texas in Arlington; Utah at Michigan; Michigan State at Oregon; and three Pac-12 teams (USC, Stanford and Arizona State) take on Notre Dame.

All total, 29.7 percent of the league’s non-conference games are against teams from power-five conferences or Notre Dame. The SEC, by comparison, plays 19.6 percent of its non-league games against power-five opponents.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/move-...ion-s-best-football-conference-140558951.html

Oh yeah.....umm......so where did Pat Forde say to eat and get drunk at in this one? He does at least tend to suggest places that dont cut you off. Beyond that, though.....screw his opinion. I do expect the PAC to be good and want it to be competitive with the SEC, it's just that teams in the PAC have let me down so many times. :doh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bunch of bullshit.

People obsess about the SEC because they are a bunch of haters and you would all circle jerk each other even if nobody defended anything. This idea that you are going to post a bunch of bullshit on a discussion forum and nobody is going to respond and that it's the fault of people responding for what happens is just 1 huge pile of shit.

You know why we don't post about the Pac12 or other conferences like this? It's not because there is no "team Pac12" - which btw is basically the only conference that actually has their own little thread that gets used, it's because nobody else gives a shit.

If someone made comments about Washington or the Pac12 you'd jump all over it. But it doesn't happen because nobody else cares.

You call it trolling and "picking on people" because you lack the balls to admit what it actually is. And honestly, even if what you said were true - it's still pretty pathetic that you need to try and upset other people for your own entertainment. That's quite a bit different than a little tongue in cheek jabbing.

Translation = [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA]Best Cry Ever - YouTube[/ame]