• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pablo Sandoval - This didn't take long

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dig. Sometimes people refer to dick as "D." So when you said as long as Pablo gives the sox some good D... Well, I chuckled like Beavis and Butthead. A-huhuhuhu. He said, "Good D." Childish, I know.

Got it.

Last edited:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this though. Do you think the Giants fans on this thread (just a couple) are being a bit sensitive to Pablo bailing out and taking the Red Sox' money?

That's a good question. However, I would have to actually read the thread to answer accurately. Based on the OP, I would say yes, there appears to be some hurt feelings, but I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to say anything bad about a team or its fans on a Team Board.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good question. However, I would have to actually read the thread to answer accurately. Based on the OP, I would say yes, there appears to be some hurt feelings, but I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to say anything bad about a team or its fans on a Team Board.

You can say something, you just have to be nice.

On 2nd thought.............................

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either you didn't finish this or I am missing some kind of urban dictionary dig..... or both :scratch:

Let me ask you this though. Do you think the Giants fans on this thread (just a couple) are being a bit sensitive to Pablo bailing out and taking the Red Sox' money?

Everyone's different in how personally they take this kind of thing, but it's worth discussing. Pablo could have left with class and still been loved here by everyone. Before his comments most people were ok with him moving on, because we recognize that it's a business, that he wanted to play somewhere better for hitters, and where he will eventually DH, and frankly we were starting to worry about signing his fat ass to a long term deal where we can't stash him at DH or 1B. But then he starts yakking like a big baby, so some of us are reacting to that.

I don't take it that personally, he was one of my favorites when here, very exciting to watch, and a key part of the 3 rings. Now I'm a bit disillusioned but I'm not losing sleep over it. Same as Brian Wilson. It's just a game.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone's different in how personally they take this kind of thing, but it's worth discussing. Pablo could have left with class and still been loved here by everyone. Before his comments most people were ok with him moving on, because we recognize that it's a business, that he wanted to play somewhere better for hitters, and where he will eventually DH, and frankly we were starting to worry about signing his fat ass to a long term deal where we can't stash him at DH or 1B. But then he starts yakking like a big baby, so some of us are reacting to that.

I don't take it that personally, he was one of my favorites when here, very exciting to watch, and a key part of the 3 rings. Now I'm a bit disillusioned but I'm not losing sleep over it. Same as Brian Wilson. It's just a game.

I understand and there are certainly fans up here that get upset when a FA hits the road for a bigger payday. I'm sure I did as well when I was younger and I cared too much. I just don't get the line of thought that suggests he shouldn't have gone to the parade.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand and there are certainly fans up here that get upset when a FA hits the road for a bigger payday. I'm sure I did as well when I was younger and I cared too much. I just don't get the line of thought that suggests he shouldn't have gone to the parade.

BoB is by far the most sensitive poster here, but also the most positive and pro-Giants fan here. He's nuts, but in a good way if you like the Giants.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panda and Papi are petitioning the Bosox owners to put pinstripes on the home unis due to their slimming effect...worked for Babe Ruth with the Yanks.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As an Indians fan, watching players walking in free agency, or being traded away in return for a half dozen fungo bats and a case of Big League Chew is pretty much par for the course.

I will say that I was touched when Victor Martinez was traded. Not so much because he was going - I'm used to the players going - but because he cried on his way out. Most players are like, "peace out, bitches!" but Victor was genuinely sad to go. Then again, he just signed a contract to stay in the shitbox that is Detroit, so the fact is, he's probably just off his fucking rocker.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoB is by far the most sensitive poster here, but also the most positive and pro-Giants fan here. He's nuts, but in a good way if you like the Giants.

I'd say that BoB is a f'ing high-school cheerleader. The team is always right, they can do no wrong, just because Lincecum currently has an ERA over 6 doesn't mean he won't throw five no-hitters and two perfect games before the end of the season, the sky is always blue with no storm clouds, rah rah rah. That's why I put him on 'ignore' after about 2 months of his masturbatory posts. Now I don't have to read them anymore.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Indians fan, watching players walking in free agency, or being traded away in return for a half dozen fungo bats and a case of Big League Chew is pretty much par for the course.

I will say that I was touched when Victor Martinez was traded. Not so much because he was going - I'm used to the players going - but because he cried on his way out. Most players are like, "peace out, bitches!" but Victor was genuinely sad to go. Then again, he just signed a contract to stay in the shitbox that is Detroit, so the fact is, he's probably just off his fucking rocker.

Says Mistakebythelake fan.

Killing me.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know guys I do take it more personally than most of you because I live nesr SF and consider it my City. I had no problem with Pablo leaving for a different opportunity but now with all the shit that has come out it has left a bad taste in my mouth the way he talked shit in Boston. Come back to SF on TV and say it to our faces. I am big on respect and honor even though baseball is what you call just a game. The game means so much to me and I just want back some respect from the players that play here as I go to about 15-20 games a year and pay for my cable package to watch them on TV.

Show some class and respect and SF players will always be loved here.

Later.

Go Giants !!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that BoB is a f'ing high-school cheerleader. The team is always right, they can do no wrong, just because Lincecum currently has an ERA over 6 doesn't mean he won't throw five no-hitters and two perfect games before the end of the season, the sky is always blue with no storm clouds, rah rah rah. That's why I put him on 'ignore' after about 2 months of his masturbatory posts. Now I don't have to read them anymore.

Yeah, we know Marco. You are kind of a sadist though, always eager to kick the wide-eyed puppy that is BoB. Give it a break. He's not hurting anyone.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know guys I do take it more personally than most of you because I live nesr SF and consider it my City. I had no problem with Pablo leaving for a different opportunity but now with all the shit that has come out it has left a bad taste in my mouth the way he talked shit in Boston. Come back to SF on TV and say it to our faces. I am big on respect and honor even though baseball is what you call just a game. The game means so much to me and I just want back some respect from the players that play here as I go to about 15-20 games a year and pay for my cable package to watch them on TV.

Show some class and respect and SF players will always be loved here.

Later.

Go Giants !!

You would do a lot better here if you stopped with stupid shit like this. Some of us live IN SAN FRANCISCO ITSELF and it's our city too. Just sayin'.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think Pablo signed with the right team. Firstly, he can DH is a year or 3 when he can't control his weight. Secondly, with that yard he will raise his offensive numbers (for the first time in 4 years). He'll be the best ex-Giant for y'all since Meuller. Thirdly, he picked a team that just dug deep into their pockets to add considerable offensive power for the next 4-5 years. I think the Sox are going to crush the Yankers pretty regularly over the next 4 years.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would do a lot better here if you stopped with stupid shit like this. Some of us live IN SAN FRANCISCO ITSELF and it's our city too. Just sayin'.

You misunderstood what I am saying. I have no beef with you. What I was saying is I care about the game and the City of SF. I was not ripping you. Just explaining my position. If you live in the City I think that is cool. Good luck to you.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Granted, I don't know anything about the history of this spat with Band of Brothers, but from my perspective, if you're getting bent over him saying he considers San Francisco his city, you're pretty sensitive too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panda and Papi are petitioning the Bosox owners to put pinstripes on the home unis due to their slimming effect...worked for Babe Ruth with the Yanks.
Ruth was fat? I never noticed...

aaaaaahhhhhhhh....