• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pablo Sandoval - This didn't take long

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Aubrey Huff can go eat shit. His comments are entirely misplaced and comes across as petty. NO ONE asked this guy's opinion, but takes it upon himself to speak for a team he hasn't been part of in years? Aubrey Huff isn't relevant anymore, Pablo is, which isn't surprising to hear "Aubrey who"? But apparently (and to directly quote GP here) "pitch-fork-carrying dullards" like to be swayed by an asshole out of the game. I guess that was a prime opportunity for Huff to gain Giants cred over the bullshit he pulled when he decided to leave the team unannounced.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aubrey Huff can go eat shit. His comments are entirely misplaced and comes across as petty. NO ONE asked this guy's opinion, but takes it upon himself to speak for a team he hasn't been part of in years? Aubrey Huff isn't relevant anymore, Pablo is, which isn't surprising to hear "Aubrey who"? But apparently (and to directly quote GP here) "pitch-fork-carrying dullards" like to be swayed by an asshole out of the game. I guess that was a prime opportunity for Huff to gain Giants cred over the bullshit he pulled when he decided to leave the team unannounced.
?????

Huff was a (the?) key offensive member of the '10 team, both on the field and in the clubhouse. Sure he essentially disappeared after the Series, but what he added in '10 in undeniable.

What happened in NY was a health issue, pure and simple. He mentally snapped. You can blame him for it and equate that to how Sandoval has thrown the Giants under the bus since he left if you like, but I don't get the comparison.

One person acted like a petulant child and chose their actions. One suffered a breakdown which effectively ended his career and needed to "go into hiding" for a while.

Personally, I will support and welcome back one of the two with open arms, while the other has pretty much slammed every door shut.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cal,

What's the discussion? 210 being undermined by Pablo or Huff's comment on Facebook? Because I have not suggested Huff's 2010 efforts to be underminned, and IF that was Pablo's intention, Huff has the burden of proof (which undoubtedly is without Huff's efforts) to explain a 2012 and 2014 "selfish" Pablo winning rings. ESPECIALLY from a player not in the game anymore. It reeks of bullshit and shady intention while simultaneously putting his former teammate on uneven grounds (now that I'm sure the media will like to dig for questions). On Huff's meltdown? He took the mental health angle without precedence, and I do think that's cheap.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandoval threw the org and the players under the bus. Huff replied to defend his friends and bring to light a different POV about Pablo. The following day, Kuiper pretty much confirmed that everything Huff said was accurate (that the 2010 team disliked Pablo for his selfish and immature attitude) and that he was only surprised that it was ever made public.

Sandoval made the comments out of immaturity and supported by his cache built up as a nice, easy-going guy. Huff spoke from his own POV, but in defense of players and an org that would most likely take the higher road and not fight back.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His weight worries me, but if he produces at the plate and plays decent defense...I'm okay with it.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the transcript from Gregor Blanco and John Shea's interview, it sounds like Huff still has a veteran presence in the locker room, Blanco kept saying "If Huff said it, then I know he's right about it". Cain, Huff, Burrell, Affeldt, were the clubhouse leaders at the beginning of this "dynasty" and they brought up a lot of the guys who are leaders now (Posey, Bum, Cain/JA are obviously still playing). They set up the culture that we see now. Just because Huff and Burrell aren't in the game now doesn't mean they still aren't part of the team.

Do Huff's comments reflect the feeling of the clubhouse? Who know for sure. But this guy was a leader and is still involved in the clubhouse and played with Pablo for 3 years so I think he has a pretty good idea of what was going on.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His weight worries me, but if he produces at the plate and plays decent defense...I'm okay with it.
Well, that's pretty much the crux of the problem. Fat Pablo is NOT good at the plate (batting, not eating) or in the field. Svelte Pablo is an MVP candidate and gives near gold-glove caliber defense. Which will you get? From that one photo (and I have not seen or heard any other accounts of his condition), I am expecting the worse of the two.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmm. So if he plays well, you're ok with the signing, and if he doesn't you're not.

Thanks for that unique take.

:L

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Panda man stays healthy, hits around .290 +- .10 and gives the Sox some good D he will be a huge upgrade over the mess that was last year at 3B and Red Sox fans will love him.

Not sure why a schlepp (7 teams, 3 positions in 12 years?) like Aubrey Huff would comment on this post retirement, but he would have well served to lay low and let everyone forget how forgettable he was.

Anyways, we'll take the fat guy since it (3B) was so bad last year anything is an upgrade right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sandoval threw the org and the players under the bus. Huff replied to defend his friends and bring to light a different POV about Pablo. The following day, Kuiper pretty much confirmed that everything Huff said was accurate (that the 2010 team disliked Pablo for his selfish and immature attitude) and that he was only surprised that it was ever made public.

Sandoval made the comments out of immaturity and supported by his cache built up as a nice, easy-going guy. Huff spoke from his own POV, but in defense of players and an org that would most likely take the higher road and not fight back.

The issue with Pablo's statement is that the card at face value appears dead on emotion than interpretation. I don't really blame anyone going the easy emotional route, but the fact is, Sandoval did more for the org than Huff could even muster.

Here's where it gets muddy for me: Pablo was primarily talking about his dealings with upper management, and for a hitter of his caliber with rings (POST Huff) to show for, Pablo may be suggesting that Sabean dropped the ball at the negotiating table. Sabean was publicly open on Sandoval being top priority, but when the deal isn't hammered out when it's crunch time, that shit falls on Sabean. Is this shit not about rings in here??

I never liked Pablo weight issues when it came to a deal, but I sure as hell don't like Huff taking the liberty in what he thinks the heartbeat is at while being out of the game. Salty, and petty. Huff should've shut the fuck, not sought validation from his former teammates, and just let the fat ass self destruct with his comments. However, the cognitive dissonance of Pablo's statement isn't about 2010, but rather on Huff trying to be a relevant bark dog in 2015 using irrelevant and unfocused rhetoric.

"Who is Aubrey Huff"?

"What is important here is to see where the person who made those comments is, and where I am now, that's what counts."

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to finish with this.

Pablo came out and said in that interview that he knew before the season he was gone. He and his agent felt disrespected and all that bullshit. All the Giants were doing was protecting their position in negotiations which is what teams do. Pablo and his agent have thin skin and made that excuse to look elsewhere and it is well known now that Big Papi was recruiting him all year.

The thing that makes me mad is that if Pablo was so sure he was leaving why did he go to the parade if he was so pissed off. He could of broken it off right there if he had all these pent up frustrations. Instead he goes to the parade and had everyone there chanting "Sign Pablo" through the streets of SF. He was yukking it up with his team . Sabean even tried to lighten the air by making a comment about having to pay Pablo big bucks.

Then Pablo and his agent do their thing by jerking the Giants around in negotiations ..especially Bobby Evans who is a class individual. They kept pumping up the numbers. If he wanted to go to Boston...LEAVE..don't jerk the organization around. But that's cool with Pablo because they were the ones jerking. The day he signed with Boston his agent kept telling the Giants there was no deal and left Evans and Giants fans twisting in the wind. The Giants in the end gave him more money and Pablo said he left money on the table to go to Boston.

Pablo talked about how he grew up in SF and learned to respect the game.

He never grew up in the end. He still is a little kid with thin skin that does'nt know how business works on both sides. He had us all twisting in the wind all year it turns out and did'nt give a shit about SF in the end.

Shitting on the organization and most of the players and coaches was a slap in the face to a team that brought him in and put players around him to win 3 WS Championships. When he disrespected the Giants organization as a whole he also hurt some of the fans who have backed his ass through the good and the tough times.

I hope Pablo grows up one day and realizes how to act with some class on his way out of a city that gave him love. I would hate to see if someone really screwed him to see what he would say.

I just don't get it. I hope he rethinks his actions and remarks and grows up one day.

Later.

Go Giants !!

Last edited:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to finish with this.

Pablo came out and said in that interview that he knew before the season he was gone. He and his agent felt disrespected and all that bullshit. All the Giants were doing was protecting their position in negotiations which is what teams do. Pablo and his agent have thin skin and made that excuse to look elsewhere and it is well known now that Big Papi was recruiting him all year.

The thing that makes me mad is that if Pablo was so sure he was leaving why did he go to the parade if he was so pissed off. He could of broken it off right there if he had all these pent up frustrations. Instead he goes to the parade and had everyone there chanting "Sign Pablo" through the streets of SF. He was yukking it up with his team . Sabean even tried to lighten the air by making a comment about having to pay Pablo big bucks.

Then Pablo and his agent do their thing by jerking the Giants around in negotiations ..especially Bobby Evans who is a class individual. They kept pumping up the numbers. If he wanted to go to Boston...LEAVE..don't jerk the organization around. But that's cool with Pablo because they were the ones jerking. The day he signed with Boston his agent kept telling the Giants there was no deal and left Evans and Giants fans twisting in the wind.

Pablo talked about how he grew up in SF and learned to respect the game.

He never grew up in the end. He still is a little kid with thin skin that does'nt know how business works on both sides. He had us all twisting in the wind all year it turns out and did'nt give a shit about SF in the end.

Shitting on the organization and most of the players and coaches was a slap in the face to a team that brought him in and put players around him to win 3 WS Championships. When he disrespected the Giants organization as a whole he also hurt some of the fans who have backed his ass through the good and the tough times.

I hope Pablo grows up one day and realizes how to act with some class on his way out of a city that gave him love. I would hate to see if someone really screwed him to see what he would say.

I just don't get it. I hope he rethinks his actions and remarks and grows up one day.

Later.

Go Giants !!

He was instrumental in helping the Giants win the WS, why wouldn't he go to the parade? :scratch:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was instrumental in helping the Giants win the WS, why wouldn't he go to the parade? :scratch:

Well he was saying how much he was disrespected by the Giants but he soaked up every moment on stage and was clowning around all day like he was going nowhere. If he was so pissed and wanted out he should of just slithered out of town . But no Pablo was going to make everyone kiss his ass on the way out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandoval was using the Giants (were they willing?) to raise the offer from the Red Sox. If he were to publically proclaim that he was not returning to the Giants, he would be removing a major player from the bidding process, thus giving the Red Sox a lot more leverage in the negotiations.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandoval was using the Giants (were they willing?) to raise the offer from the Red Sox. If he were to publically proclaim that he was not returning to the Giants, he would be removing a major player from the bidding process, thus giving the Red Sox a lot more leverage in the negotiations.

Like I was saying it's cool for Pablo and his agent to jerk us but when the Giants played hardball Pablo wanted to cry and hide in the corner.

Whatever Man, it just goes to show you that you don't know someone until all the shit comes out in the end. All SF did was show him love for the most part and then he throws all his bullshit in our faces.

Not cool at all.

Last edited:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw the banner above with the hardware. Three fucking titles in five years. That's fucking amazing. I'm happy for Giants fans and jealous as hell.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God, I'm one childish mother fucker.

Either you didn't finish this or I am missing some kind of urban dictionary dig..... or both :scratch:

Let me ask you this though. Do you think the Giants fans on this thread (just a couple) are being a bit sensitive to Pablo bailing out and taking the Red Sox' money?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree with this I also understand BoBs position. From my perspective .... a Giant fan living in NY has a different feel than you all in the SF area. As a Giant fan I thought he was shallow but did what he had to do in the end. It's all about money and personal satisfaction. I don't think he was happy with SF management.

But if I was a Giant fan living in SF and attending quite a few of their games ... I WOULD be somewhat incensed. I would have most likely taken many of his comments much more PERSONAL than I did. I think that fans that are integrated into the teams landscape are much more affected by things like this. It just seems that much more personal.

Just my 2 cents!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either you didn't finish this or I am missing some kind of urban dictionary dig..... or both :scratch:

No dig. Sometimes people refer to dick as "D." So when you said as long as Pablo gives the sox some good D... Well, I chuckled like Beavis and Butthead. A-huhuhuhu. He said, "Good D." Childish, I know.