• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P.J. Fleck >>> Jim Harbaugh

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except in recruiting.

P.J. Fleck

2019: (11-2) >>> 3rd Year
2018: (7-6)
2017: (5-7)

(2-0) in bowl games.

Jim Harbaugh

2019: (9-4)
2018: (10-3)
2017: (8-5) >>> 3rd Year
2016: (10-3)
2015: (10-3)

(1-4) in bowl games.

Jim Harbaugh can only dream of 11 win seasons.

4 year Recruiting Rankings

Michigan
2019: 8th
2018: 22nd
2017: 5th
2016: 8th
Average......10th

Minnesota
2019: 45th
2018: 38th
2017: 59th
2016: 46th
Average......47th
You seem to have aJim Harbaugh complex. Imagine if Nebraska fans thought about their next head coach more than Harbaugh, maybe you’d get one that could take you to a bowl game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I'll continue this pissing contest....

Recruiting blah blah blah. I don't deny that it is important, but you act as if Nebraska was EVER a powerhouse recruiter. And yet we still routinely performed better than Michigan.

In the 2010's, Michigan has performed better than Nebraska. Michigan has a record of 85-44 while Nebraska had a 75-50 record. Other than that... you would have to go all the way back to the 1950's to find a decade where Michigan did better than Nebraska.

2000's
Michigan: 81-43
Nebraska: 84-44

90's
Michigan: 93-26-3
Nebraska: 108-16-1

80's
Michigan: 90-29-2
Nebraska: 103-20-0

70's
Michigan: 96-16-3
Nebraska: 98-20-4

60's
Michigan: 55-40-2
Nebraska: 75-30-1

Were you out recruited ALL 50 of those years from a place with no in state talent when you are a team with 10 or so make believe titles that you could try to sell to recruits? Plus let us not forget about that world class education. How did that happen?

But... but... but... you're Michigan.

At what point do you get it isn’t the 80’s and 90’s anymore?!? Why do you think teams now spend millions on recruiting alone?!?

Why do you think it is basically the same handful of teams playing for a national title?!?

You can try to convince yourself that Nebraska is going to be the outlier in today’s game and they will bring in elite recruiting classes with absolutely no help from their in state recruits, but you are kidding yourself.

Ive said the same thing to UM slappies who think we will compete for a national title any time soon. Even if by some miracle they win the B1G — they’d get smacked by the top teams.

I will put it in perspective the talent level difference in the B1G. UM has the #2 recruiting class in the B1G this upcoming year. Our #1 recruit AJ Henning would be the 10th highest ranked recruit for Ohio State this year.:lol:

But you keep thinking Nebraska is going to compete for Championships regularly again.:L

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point do you get it isn’t the 80’s and 90’s anymore?!? Why do you think teams now spend millions on recruiting alone?!?

Why do you think it is basically the same handful of teams playing for a national title?!?

You can try to convince yourself that Nebraska is going to be the outlier in today’s game and they will bring in elite recruiting classes with absolutely no help from their in state recruits, but you are kidding yourself.

Ive said the same thing to UM slappies who think we will compete for a national title any time soon. Even if by some miracle they win the B1G — they’d get smacked by the top teams.

I will put it in perspective the talent level difference in the B1G. UM has the #2 recruiting class in the B1G this upcoming year. Our #1 recruit AJ Henning would be the 10th highest ranked recruit for Ohio State this year.:lol:

But you keep thinking Nebraska is going to compete for Championships regularly again.:L

I'm not talking about Fleck or Harbaugh, or recruiting, or Nebraska competing for championships though I do believe we have as much a shot as Michigan.

I'm just shitting all over Michigan because you guys like to talk shit even though you are merely riding the coattails of an era of the first radio broadcast.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about Fleck or Harbaugh, or recruiting, or Nebraska competing for championships though I do believe we have as much a shot as Michigan.

I'm just shitting all over Michigan because you guys like to talk shit even though you are merely riding the coattails of an era of the first radio broadcast.

You are talking to wrong UM fan if your goal was to ‘shit on Michigan’. I do that on my own. I’m not delusional like the slappies. And I’m definitely not delusional like the Nebraska faithful who want to point out how good they were 20-30 years ago.

It is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME. You want to compete with the Bama’s, OSU’s, Clemson (now), Georgia, LSU’s, etc. You have to be able to recruit with them.

With the CFP now — there is zero chance for teams who don’t recruit with those teams to win titles, because now you have to win a CCG and two playoff games.

But you keep grasping at that dream, as teams like Maryland and Illinois put as many players in the NFL as Nebraska

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are talking to wrong UM fan if your goal was to ‘shit on Michigan’. I do that on my own. I’m not delusional like the slappies. And I’m definitely not delusional like the Nebraska faithful who want to point out how good they were 20-30 years ago.

It is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME. You want to compete with the Bama’s, OSU’s, Clemson (now), Georgia, LSU’s, etc. You have to be able to recruit with them.

With the CFP now — there is zero chance for teams who don’t recruit with those teams to win titles, because now you have to win a CCG and two playoff games.

But you keep grasping at that dream, as teams like Maryland and Illinois put as many players in the NFL as Nebraska

You sound like all the people that said the same shit before Nebraska was winning titles.

I could understand you not believing it to be possible. After all, Michigan hasn't won an outright title since the 40's.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing in the Citrus Bowl in and of itself that made me think that Harbaugh was not a solid HC. I thought Michigan looked good, played hard, had a nice game plan, etc. vs. Alabama. Hung with them for 3+ quarters too. The Wolverines were well coached IMO. Just too much Jeudy and Patterson couldn't hit the deep balls. Sometimes, the other team is just better. When the other team is Alabama, there is no shame in that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like all the people that said the same shit before Nebraska was winning titles.

I could understand you not believing it to be possible. After all, Michigan hasn't won an outright title since the 40's.

Do Nebraska fans realize what has changed in CFB?!? Why exactly do you think teams are spending millions on recruiting?

This isn’t the 80’s and 90’s anymore. The overwhelming majority of prospects are on the football camp circuit attracting the attention of every major school. Having home grown talent is more important than ever, because it gives you a base to work with. Those kids can sell the school and area to other elite recruits.

Here is the part you seem to be missing — Nebraska doesn’t have that base. While they may have a shot to compete for their division title because of the division they play in. Competing nationally with teams stocked with NFL draft picks is a pipe dream for Nebraska. UM is in the same boat, but Nebraska makes the state of Michigan look like Florida for HS recruits:lol:

You think you are going to compete in TODAY’S CFB when you have as many Blue Chip recruits coming out of Nebraska as Rhode Island and Delaware. Pass me what you are smoking.upload_2020-1-5_18-15-54.jpeg

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Nebraska fans realize what has changed in CFB?!? Why exactly do you think teams are spending millions on recruiting?

This isn’t the 80’s and 90’s anymore. The overwhelming majority of prospects are on the football camp circuit attracting the attention of every major school. Having home grown talent is more important than ever, because it gives you a base to work with. Those kids can sell the school and area to other elite recruits.

Here is the part you seem to be missing — Nebraska doesn’t have that base. While they may have a shot to compete for their division title because of the division they play in. Competing nationally with teams stocked with NFL draft picks is a pipe dream for Nebraska. UM is in the same boat, but Nebraska makes the state of Michigan look like Florida for HS recruits:lol:

You think you are going to compete in TODAY’S CFB when you have as many Blue Chip recruits coming out of Nebraska as Rhode Island and Delaware. Pass me what you are smoking.View attachment 228889

Again no different then before on our end. But go on, keep believing that. Maybe you'll win a title before 2100 <-- that's a year btw.

Nebraska > bum ass Michigan

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again no different then before on our end. But go on, keep believing that. Maybe you'll win a title before 2100 <-- that's a year btw.

Nebraska > bum ass Michigan

No different than a completely different landscape in TODAY’S CFB where recruiting is big business, high school camps are big business. Advanced coaching at the HS level is at an all-time high.

But keep telling yourself Nebraska will be the one outlier from all of CFB to buck the trend. Poor Scott Frost — he is setup for failure if you actually believe what you are saying. Best of luck — Maybe next year you get to 6 wins.:suds:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what Harbaugh did to Shea Patterson.

Patterson is the least of my worries in regards to Harbaugh and QB’s. It is year 6 and QB’s he recruited out of HS have had exactly 2 starts for UM.

That’s pathetic. Wouldn’t be shocked to get another grad transfer or transfer portal QB next year either. I’m not sold on McCaffrey being able to stay healthy or the other QB’s being worthy of the starting job.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No different than a completely different landscape in TODAY’S CFB where recruiting is big business, high school camps are big business. Advanced coaching at the HS level is at an all-time high.

But keep telling yourself Nebraska will be the one outlier from all of CFB to buck the trend. Poor Scott Frost — he is setup for failure if you actually believe what you are saying. Best of luck — Maybe next year you get to 6 wins.:suds:

You know what no one has ever said? Let's get the opinion of a Michigan fan.

Worry about your own shitty program and let us know when you win something that matters.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson is the least of my worries in regards to Harbaugh and QB’s. It is year 6 and QB’s he recruited out of HS have had exactly 2 starts for UM.

That’s pathetic. Wouldn’t be shocked to get another grad transfer or transfer portal QB next year either. I’m not sold on McCaffrey being able to stay healthy or the other QB’s being worthy of the starting job.
Never claimed that you were worried about Shea Patterson (A guy who had the opportunity to throw to A.J. Brown and D.K. Metcalf). Pretty sure any qb with a brain won't fall for a Harbaugh sleepover, ever again.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what no one has ever said? Let's get the opinion of a Michigan fan.

Worry about your own shitty program and let us know when you win something that matters.

Keep thinking it is an opinion and keep blaming Nebraska’s short falls on the coaching:lol:

Keep that chin up — I see Nebraska getting to that 6 win plateau some time in the next 5 years.:suds:

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep thinking it is an opinion and keep blaming Nebraska’s short falls on the coaching:lol:

Keep that chin up — I see Nebraska getting to that 6 win plateau some time in the next 5 years.:suds:

It is an opinion... literally, by definition. Where's that excellent education?

So its a numbers game and recruiting is "big business" and 'that's why you see such and such winning all the time' - yada yada yada....

So Michigan spends nearly 1.4 million on recruit with at least some "base" to work with in state, right. So why did Wisconsin, that only spends roughly 350,000 with ZERO (according to your picture) in state 'blue - fucking derp - chippers' beat you?

No, you know what, you're right. It's not about coaching. Nevermind the fact that someone like JJ Watt was a 2 star.

But no, enlighten everyone on all of your bullshit conspiracy theories. Ohio St has been beating your ass so bad they turned you into Alex Jones.

giphy.gif

How are those frogs in Michigan?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an opinion... literally, by definition. Where's that excellent education?

So its a numbers game and recruiting is "big business" and 'that's why you see such and such winning all the time' - yada yada yada....

So Michigan spends nearly 1.4 million on recruit with at least some "base" to work with in state, right. So why did Wisconsin, that only spends roughly 350,000 with ZERO (according to your picture) in state 'blue - fucking derp - chippers' beat you?

No, you know what, you're right. It's not about coaching. Nevermind the fact that someone like JJ Watt was a 2 star.

But no, enlighten everyone on all of your bullshit conspiracy theories. Ohio St has been beating your ass so bad they turned you into Alex Jones.

giphy.gif

How are those frogs in Michigan?

Great example to use with Wisconsin. 130 years of playing football and 0 national titles.

Thank you for proving my point.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing in the Citrus Bowl in and of itself that made me think that Harbaugh was not a solid HC. I thought Michigan looked good, played hard, had a nice game plan, etc. vs. Alabama. Hung with them for 3+ quarters too. The Wolverines were well coached IMO. Just too much Jeudy and Patterson couldn't hit the deep balls. Sometimes, the other team is just better. When the other team is Alabama, there is no shame in that.
I think there's an individual game view, which is exactly correct in the case of the Citrus Bowl. Nobody saw that matchup announced and thought, "Michigan has a good shot". Alabama was always the better team and should have won that game. I was happy we fought until the last few minutes of the 4th where Alabama went up 3 scores. There's also the view of the people who lump 5 years of Harbaugh together and point out that we haven't won any game we weren't supposed to win; which is a fair assessment. For the most part we win games we're supposed to and don't win games we aren't supposed to. I think we're a great QB away from changing that, the question I have is if Harbaugh can ever produce one. Everything, for the most part, seems to be coming together but you have to be able to hit those wide open guys and strike against teams like that if you want the upset.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great example to use with Wisconsin. 130 years of playing football and 0 national titles.

Thank you for proving my point.

Point proven?

Dude, I just showed how a team that spends 25% of what Michigan spends on recruiting and has no in state recruits does better than Michigan in the current "landscape" of CFB as you like to put it.

giphy.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point proven?

Dude, I just showed how a team that spends 25% of what Michigan spends on recruiting and has no in state recruits does better than Michigan in the current "landscape" of CFB as you like to put it.

giphy.gif

And they’ve won what? If your end goal is for Nebraska to be competitive in the B1G West. Then yeah — Securing recruiting classes in the 20’s and 30’s nationally will be just great.
Why? Because the rest of the teams in your division recruit the same.

It is the reason why the B1G West has won zero CCG since it went to the B1G East and B1G West.

But you keep telling yourself that Nebraska is going to be the only team in CFB who doesn’t need elite recruits to be a national power:lol:

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they’ve won what? If your end goal is for Nebraska to be competitive in the B1G West. Then yeah — Securing recruiting classes in the 20’s and 30’s nationally will be just great.
Why? Because the rest of the teams in your division recruit the same.

It is the reason why the B1G West has won zero CCG since it went to the B1G East and B1G West.

But you keep telling yourself that Nebraska is going to be the only team in CFB who doesn’t need elite recruits to be a national power:lol:

Ok Dunce, no one said recruiting wasn't important. Find my post where I said recruiting didn't matter. I'll wait.

As a matter of fact, I actually said it was important. However, it is not the end all be all that your dumbass makes it out to be. Otherwise teams like Wisconsin wouldn't be whooping that blue ass.

Did you go to Michigan for school? If so, I am really starting to question the 'world class education' that they give out.