• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P.J. Fleck >>> Jim Harbaugh

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't get is that tOSU's, Clemson's, and Alabama's are just an average coach away from being the (9-4)(10-3) type teams that Michigan is.

Probably because you're so narrow minded you're forced to pick low hanging fruit.

Seeing tOSU drop to (8-5) like Michigan would be a stretch though. Even Bo Pelini's basement didn't drop that far.

Hence Bo Pelini >>> Jim Harbaugh.

Here is what Nebraska fans don’t seem to get. In today’s CFB (not the 80’s and 90’s) — It doesn’t matter who Nebraska hires, they will never recruit like the elite teams and will never have the talent to be a national power again.

With the population shift in the US — the overwhelming majority of elite recruits are not in the B1G conference footprint and they are most definitely not in Nebraska or the surrounding states of Nebraska.

Yet Nebraska fans seem to have this pipe dream that they will be national title contenders soon.

You can keep blaming the coach, but after two decades, you’d think you would finally face reality.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what Nebraska fans don’t seem to get. In today’s CFB (not the 80’s and 90’s) — It doesn’t matter who Nebraska hires, they will never recruit like the elite teams and will never have the talent to be a national power again.

With the population shift in the US — the overwhelming majority of elite recruits are not in the B1G conference footprint and they are most definitely not in Nebraska or the surrounding states of Nebraska.

Yet Nebraska fans seem to have this pipe dream that they will be national title contenders soon.

You can keep blaming the coach, but after two decades, you’d think you would finally face reality.

Speaking of national titles did you know UofM's last outright Natty was in 1948? You talk way too much shit for a fan of team that has the most overhyped coach in the country that's won nothing.

And unlike you & your goofy sidekick mNb09 no Huskers fan has ever pimped their program up in the absurd fashion you two do.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny you excluded the '02 season in your Ohio State rant. As far as Cooper's unlucky 13 years in Columbus I think he was on the UofM's payroll those years. His 2-10-1 record vs. meeeechegan was awful.

"So, 1 title in 18 years a dynasty does not make"

I agree. But exactly who has called Ohio State football a dynasty?

And this right here, this is some funny stuff.

"if you win a title in your second year, and then lose 1-3 games every season after that for 8 years, YEAH, that is struggling"

After the '02 season Ohio State won double digit games 7 of the next 8 seasons. Not sure I'd really call that struggling.

Compared to the Gophers, it's not struggling.

And no, YOU are not calling OSU a dynasty, but Michigan boy seems to be trying to make excuses for his Wolverines getting CONSTANTLY owned by their most hated rival, your Buckeyes. So he's trying to prop OSU up as this force who can not ever be beaten ever again, because Ohio has all the most recruits and has the state all to itself(as if Cincy and Miami of Ohio and Ohio U do not exist? And as if other teams can't go into Ohio and recruit there?) and poor little Michigan doesn't have as many recruits and has to share them with MSU. Boo hoo.

So I am NOT trying to rag on OSU. But maybe I did a little just to pop Michigan boys bubble. OSU is and has been kicking arse for almost 2 decades now, and deserve credit for that. Your university and both Tressel and Meyer deserve credit for owning the B1G for basically 2 decades, but they are just not an unbeatable force like Michigan boy seems to want to convince us all they are, and as a Gopher fan, unlike Michigan boy, I am never going to make bullsh1t excuses for why it always has to be that way.

I mean, I could claim that UMn never puts any money into their program and because of that it was tough to compete, AND that would have been true, IN THE PAST. But guess what? It took awhile but we solved that problem. Fans finally got sick of losing and thankfully enough of them were rich people who donated and this encouraged UMn to invest more money into the program as well and we got an outdoor stadium, then we got a practice facility/athlete's village, and a now a well paid young new energetic coach and fuck the excuses, look out OSU!!!

And I didn't mean to rip on Cooper, in fact I'm curious as to what happened, seems like you all were patient, gave him 6 years to deliver and he finally did, to a point, 62 wins in 6 seasons is pretty damned good. What happened in 99 and 2000? I'd love to think it was the Gophers finally waking up from their long slumber that caused his demise, but I know that couldn't be it, lol.

And I also didn't mean to rip on Tressel either. In fact I hope Tressel wasn't just lucky in 2002, because he is one of Fleck's biggest influences and mentors. So I hope other factors are what kept Tressel from winning another Title after the one in 2002? Like I mentioned before, NFL came a knocking maybe?

And you are probably right, 9+ wins every season is not really struggling, I guess I was holding OSU up against the same standard as Bama/Clemson. Both of them have been able to win more than 1 title. Both have been to several Title games each. So in comparison to those 2 programs, Tressel's 10 years don't compare very favorably, is all I was saying, I guess?

Hey, I'm just as confused as to how Murray Warmath could win a Title in 1960 and then fail to repeat that accomplishment after that?

I figure an Ohio St fan would know best what the reasons were for Tressel not winning again after 2002 and for Urban only winning one title?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is it Nebraska does so well in Volleyball?

How is it Minnesota and Wisconsin also do so well in Volleyball?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it Nebraska does so well in Volleyball?

How is it Minnesota and Wisconsin also do so well in Volleyball?

Because many of the top recruits in the country come from the Midwest. Volleyball is a sport you can play all year round.

Same goes for Wrestling — indoor sport, you can practice all year round. B1G is the dominant conference.

When it comes to Football — The Midwest makes up a very small % of blue chip recruits and the recruits they do have are rarely at the top of the rankings.
Why do you think Harbaugh went wild with the satellite camps and why do you think the ACC and SEC were so dead set against them? They don’t want schools coming into their recruiting footprint and building relationships with recruits.

It isn’t rocket science. This fallacy that a coach is going to come in and recruit mostly 3 star recruits and compete for national titles is a joke. It’ll never happen. The rich get richer in CFB and the gap at the top is ridiculously big.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because many of the top recruits in the country come from the Midwest. Volleyball is a sport you can play all year round.

Same goes for Wrestling — indoor sport, you can practice all year round. B1G is the dominant conference.

When it comes to Football — The Midwest makes up a very small % of blue chip recruits and the recruits they do have are rarely at the top of the rankings.
Why do you think Harbaugh went wild with the satellite camps and why do you think the ACC and SEC were so dead set against them? They don’t want schools coming into their recruiting footprint and building relationships with recruits.

It isn’t rocket science. This fallacy that a coach is going to come in and recruit mostly 3 star recruits and compete for national titles is a joke. It’ll never happen. The rich get richer in CFB and the gap at the top is ridiculously big.

Dude, you are so... I mean, what you are not understanding is that a GREAT COACH, can do ALOT with 2-3 star recruits. He can WIN, and win alot. And he can DEVELOP those 2 and 3 star players, can get them into the NFL, which leads to young players WITNESSING this coach doing all of these things, DEVELOPING players and WINNING games, lots of them.

So these young players, some of them 4 star players, well, they want to play for a coach like that. Some get passed over by the Sabans of the world and others simply choose to go play for this up and coming coach INSTEAD.

This leads to the coach having even more talent to work with, and if he is truly a GREAT coach, he knows how to keep the higher rated players coming in not to get big heads, but to become truly TEAM players. This leads to even more wins and to bigger wins.

And if he is a truly Great coach, he won't blow the important games, and he'll have recruited the right players to fill up all of the team's needs, including the back ups, and maybe the stars align and he wins a Title?

And young players will see him leading his team to big wins, and eventually the best players will want to play for him, too, and if he is truly a great coach, he'll know how when to say no to some of them if they don't fit the team's needs and when he says yes, he'll know how to keep them from becoming prima donnas, too, and one title will lead to 2 and then 3.

I see Fleck going along this path right now. Yes he did lose 2 big games vs UW and Iowa, but he got 2 big wins vs PSU and Auburn. And he also did not lose a single game he shouldn't have. Maybe that is just the QB? Either way, it helped with recruiting. The team only had five 4 star recruits on the entire team, but now is adding four in the 2020 class. At this rate, he should continue to get better every year. I hope.

Frost? Well, he hasn't proven much yet. But as I pointed out, it took Cooper 6 years before having a great year, and that was at OSU where you seem to think it's easy to win at, so maybe Frost just needs some more time?

And you have yet to respond to those who have pointed out how NON-Top 3-5 Clemson's recruiting classes were that got them to their 1st title, and even since then they are STILL very Non-Top 3-5.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are so... I mean, what you are not understanding is that a GREAT COACH, can do ALOT with 2-3 star recruits. He can WIN, and win alot. And he can DEVELOP those 2 and 3 star players, can get them into the NFL, which leads to young players WITNESSING this coach doing all of these things, DEVELOPING players and WINNING games, lots of them.

So these young players, some of them 4 star players, well, they want to play for a coach like that. Some get passed over by the Sabans of the world and others simply choose to go play for this up and coming coach INSTEAD.

This leads to the coach having even more talent to work with, and if he is truly a GREAT coach, he knows how to keep the higher rated players coming in not to get big heads, but to become truly TEAM players. This leads to even more wins and to bigger wins.

And if he is a truly Great coach, he won't blow the important games, and he'll have recruited the right players to fill up all of the team's needs, including the back ups, and maybe the stars align and he wins a Title?

And young players will see him leading his team to big wins, and eventually the best players will want to play for him, too, and if he is truly a great coach, he'll know how when to say no to some of them if they don't fit the team's needs and when he says yes, he'll know how to keep them from becoming prima donnas, too, and one title will lead to 2 and then 3.

I see Fleck going along this path right now. Yes he did lose 2 big games vs UW and Iowa, but he got 2 big wins vs PSU and Auburn. And he also did not lose a single game he shouldn't have. Maybe that is just the QB? Either way, it helped with recruiting. The team only had five 4 star recruits on the entire team, but now is adding four in the 2020 class. At this rate, he should continue to get better every year. I hope.

Frost? Well, he hasn't proven much yet. But as I pointed out, it took Cooper 6 years before having a great year, and that was at OSU where you seem to think it's easy to win at, so maybe Frost just needs some more time?

And you have yet to respond to those who have pointed out how NON-Top 3-5 Clemson's recruiting classes were that got them to their 1st title, and even since then they are STILL very Non-Top 3-5.

Since they starting recruiting rankings — there hasn’t been a team with less than 53% of their roster being blue chip recruits. The only two teams who were under 60% during the past two decades (I think it is 18 or 19 years they’ve done the star rankings) were Clemson and Florida State. What those two schools had is All-American QB’s.

You talking about Minnesota is crazy. Minnesota going into next year, will have 5 blue chip recruits over your last 4 recruiting classes. OSU will have 16 5* recruits on their roster, as well as 81% of their roster being blue chip recruits.

It isn’t a fair fight for the overwhelming majority of teams. Think of it like this. CFB, right now, is basically like the NFL, but instead of the top teams drafting last in the 1st round, the top teams get the top 30-40 picks. This is why you see the same schools over and over.

During the CFP — I believe only two teams with less than 50% BCR have made it in 6 years. I believe Washington, who lost to Bama was in the 40’s. And MSU was in the teens and lost by 5 tds to Bama.

It is why — PJ Fleck will leave Minnesota in the next few years. As soon as he is offered a spot with big program — he is out the door. My brother’s graduated from Western and he gave the same BS about wanting to stay, etc. Every coach says the same thing, when in reality, if a job opened at any big program he’d be out.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they starting recruiting rankings — there hasn’t been a team with less than 53% of their roster being blue chip recruits. The only two teams who were under 60% during the past two decades (I think it is 18 or 19 years they’ve done the star rankings) were Clemson and Florida State. What those two schools had is All-American QB’s.

You talking about Minnesota is crazy. Minnesota going into next year, will have 5 blue chip recruits over your last 4 recruiting classes. OSU will have 16 5* recruits on their roster, as well as 81% of their roster being blue chip recruits.

It isn’t a fair fight for the overwhelming majority of teams. Think of it like this. CFB, right now, is basically like the NFL, but instead of the top teams drafting last in the 1st round, the top teams get the top 30-40 picks. This is why you see the same schools over and over.

During the CFP — I believe only two teams with less than 50% BCR have made it in 6 years. I believe Washington, who lost to Bama was in the 40’s. And MSU was in the teens and lost by 5 tds to Bama.

It is why — PJ Fleck will leave Minnesota in the next few years. As soon as he is offered a spot with big program — he is out the door. My brother’s graduated from Western and he gave the same BS about wanting to stay, etc. Every coach says the same thing, when in reality, if a job opened at any big program he’d be out.

Believe whatever you want Michigan boy. WMU is in no way, shape or form, in the same universe as Minnesota. EVERYONE knows, admits, acknowledges and accepts that WMU is a stepping stone school. Name me a single G5 school that has EVER been able to keep a top notch coach? EVER. Throughout all of history, there has always been stepping stone schools that couldn't keep good coaches.

Now name me how many Head coaches the Univ of Minnesota lost other than Lou Holtz. In ANY SPORT. There is only one other that I know of. And that's ALL sports. Go on, name one.

I'm waiting.

Still waiting? Bueller... Bueller?

Holtz was a catholic who had a Notre Dame clause put in his contract. So you can count that if you want to, I don't. And Minnesota had been trying to de-emphasize football at that time, too. They haven't been trying to do that for over 2 decades now.

Minnesota has one of the largest alumni bases in the country and they are not a bunch of poor saps, either, they make good money. Minnesota, at one time, was THE largest university in the nation. I'd bet it's still top ten. And yes, I understand OSU is way up there, too. But no one is talking about OSU can't do this or can't do that. Minnesota has over 3 Fortune 500 companies for ever 1 million people, name me another state that can compare to that? That means we have rich people living here in Minnesota, and we have companies that in the past DID support UMn, and with the right person behind the wheel, I can see them coming back with open checkbooks. Minnesota doesn't have just one P5 school, like OSU, but UMn has just one Div 1 school overall. We have ZERO G5 schools, we have ZERO FCS schools, for football. There is literally ZERO competition for recruits in-state. NDSU has not cost us a single sought after Div 1 recruit, they only took from us some of what would have been Walk ons had we had a coach with a chance to win something significant. I don't think we'll be losing any future potential walkons to NDSU anymore. So that means we have no competition for recruits to the west of us. Nebraska is struggling, so the argument can be made that even Nebraska will struggle to keep their players from coming to Minnesota if we want them and recruit them. Iowa? They have sort of stagnated. They had one good season and fell flat when they got to the cfp. Right now their only claim to fame is beating the Gophers. I see Fleck as a guy who will be able to steal players from Iowa and ISU. Wisconsin? That'll be a tougher cookie to crack, but if Fleck is as good as I think and hope he is, we'll eventually be going into UW's backyard for their players, too. IF we want them. As of right now, we are getting plenty of great players from Texas, Georgia, Florida, etc..

Newer Stadium,
Brand New Practice Facilities,
Young New Energetic and successful coach,
Very large alumni base,
Only Div 1 school in state,
almost no big time competition nearby. We have US next door. Who else has less?
Very highly esteemed academics,
Very rich with history and tradition,
A part of a very large TV Network,
Gorgeous city with tons to do,
Great jobs in the area for the taking after graduation.
Room to improve, to do things that have never been done before or in anyone's lifetime.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe whatever you want Michigan boy. WMU is in no way, shape or form, in the same universe as Minnesota. EVERYONE knows, admits, acknowledges and accepts that WMU is a stepping stone school. Name me a single G5 school that has EVER been able to keep a top notch coach? EVER. Throughout all of history, there has always been stepping stone schools that couldn't keep good coaches.

Now name me how many Head coaches the Univ of Minnesota lost other than Lou Holtz. In ANY SPORT. There is only one other that I know of. And that's ALL sports. Go on, name one.

I'm waiting.

Still waiting? Bueller... Bueller?

Holtz was a catholic who had a Notre Dame clause put in his contract. So you can count that if you want to, I don't. And Minnesota had been trying to de-emphasize football at that time, too. They haven't been trying to do that for over 2 decades now.

Minnesota has one of the largest alumni bases in the country and they are not a bunch of poor saps, either, they make good money. Minnesota, at one time, was THE largest university in the nation. I'd bet it's still top ten. And yes, I understand OSU is way up there, too. But no one is talking about OSU can't do this or can't do that. Minnesota has over 3 Fortune 500 companies for ever 1 million people, name me another state that can compare to that? That means we have rich people living here in Minnesota, and we have companies that in the past DID support UMn, and with the right person behind the wheel, I can see them coming back with open checkbooks. Minnesota doesn't have just one P5 school, like OSU, but UMn has just one Div 1 school overall. We have ZERO G5 schools, we have ZERO FCS schools, for football. There is literally ZERO competition for recruits in-state. NDSU has not cost us a single sought after Div 1 recruit, they only took from us some of what would have been Walk ons had we had a coach with a chance to win something significant. I don't think we'll be losing any future potential walkons to NDSU anymore. So that means we have no competition for recruits to the west of us. Nebraska is struggling, so the argument can be made that even Nebraska will struggle to keep their players from coming to Minnesota if we want them and recruit them. Iowa? They have sort of stagnated. They had one good season and fell flat when they got to the cfp. Right now their only claim to fame is beating the Gophers. I see Fleck as a guy who will be able to steal players from Iowa and ISU. Wisconsin? That'll be a tougher cookie to crack, but if Fleck is as good as I think and hope he is, we'll eventually be going into UW's backyard for their players, too. IF we want them. As of right now, we are getting plenty of great players from Texas, Georgia, Florida, etc..

Newer Stadium,
Brand New Practice Facilities,
Young New Energetic and successful coach,
Very large alumni base,
Only Div 1 school in state,
almost no big time competition nearby. We have US next door. Who else has less?
Very highly esteemed academics,
Very rich with history and tradition,
A part of a very large TV Network,
Gorgeous city with tons to do,
Great jobs in the area for the taking after graduation.
Room to improve, to do things that have never been done before or in anyone's lifetime.

The negatives about the job. It is Minnesota.

Did you miss the part where Minnesota has 5 blue chip recruits in the last 4 years?!? Only way Fleck stays in Minnesota is if he doesn’t get offered a HC position at a big program.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The negatives about the job. It is Minnesota.

Did you miss the part where Minnesota has 5 blue chip recruits in the last 4 years?!? Only way Fleck stays in Minnesota is if he doesn’t get offered a HC position at a big program.

Believe what you want. What is so special about Michigan? lol You got what? Detroit? Ann Arbor? Cold weather???

Is Michigan warm country? Then what the hell does that mean, "It is Minnesota"???

Fleck is, in a sense, preaching a gospel, but instead of a religious belief, it's a culture, and he's not interdenominational, not anymore. He committed to Minnesota and made promises.

So, relating it to religion. It would be like a Lutheran Church needing a new pastor and recruiting a Baptist minister to come take over the job of Lutheran Pastor at their church. The members of that Lutheran Church would not approve, they would not want him and he probably wouldn't want that job. Who could trust a man who would switch denominations just because the money was right. And would he then try to convert all those Lutherans to become Baptists?

Fleck is preaching culture over win at all costs. Which of the supposed "big" schools that you think COULD steal Fleck, want him AND his culture talk. He even uses the term spirituality. Would Big U force Fleck to drop all the culture stuff, or at least half of it? Isn't that a big part of what makes Fleck work? Would he even be able to be trusted to change and become a normal coach like all the other coaches? If you are wanting Fleck, you better be wanting everything he's got going on at Minnesota right now, the entire culture thing. And if you DO want that, can you trust him if he is willing to leave Minnesota before fulfilling his promises he made to Minnesota? And IF he fulfills his promises, why would he want to leave then? If Minnesota wins a Natl Title in the next 3-4 years, the money will flow into the program from every corner of the nation and will drown him in it. If you think he's only in this for the money, maybe you haven't been paying attention? And if he is, then that means all this culture stuff is just fake and a gimmick he came up with, and if that is the case, would you really want him? And maybe you missed the part where Minnesota DID give him a raise. I'm sure they will give him another one as soon as he gets the team to the B1G Title game.

And just out of curiosity, who are all of these schools that Fleck would leave Minnesota for?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just curious what Michigan’s mythical “blue chip percentage” is?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious what Michigan’s mythical “blue chip percentage” is?

Michigan’s in that 50-60 range, but unless you have an All-American QB — your chances of winning a national title are slim.

Michigan hasn’t even had an All-B1G QB, let alone an All-American type in 20 years. That’s why I was so excited about Harbaugh, because I thought we’d have an elite QB every year. His HS recruits haven’t even broken the starting lineup in 5 years.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe what you want. What is so special about Michigan? lol You got what? Detroit? Ann Arbor? Cold weather???

Is Michigan warm country? Then what the hell does that mean, "It is Minnesota"???

Fleck is, in a sense, preaching a gospel, but instead of a religious belief, it's a culture, and he's not interdenominational, not anymore. He committed to Minnesota and made promises.

So, relating it to religion. It would be like a Lutheran Church needing a new pastor and recruiting a Baptist minister to come take over the job of Lutheran Pastor at their church. The members of that Lutheran Church would not approve, they would not want him and he probably wouldn't want that job. Who could trust a man who would switch denominations just because the money was right. And would he then try to convert all those Lutherans to become Baptists?

Fleck is preaching culture over win at all costs. Which of the supposed "big" schools that you think COULD steal Fleck, want him AND his culture talk. He even uses the term spirituality. Would Big U force Fleck to drop all the culture stuff, or at least half of it? Isn't that a big part of what makes Fleck work? Would he even be able to be trusted to change and become a normal coach like all the other coaches? If you are wanting Fleck, you better be wanting everything he's got going on at Minnesota right now, the entire culture thing. And if you DO want that, can you trust him if he is willing to leave Minnesota before fulfilling his promises he made to Minnesota? And IF he fulfills his promises, why would he want to leave then? If Minnesota wins a Natl Title in the next 3-4 years, the money will flow into the program from every corner of the nation and will drown him in it. If you think he's only in this for the money, maybe you haven't been paying attention? And if he is, then that means all this culture stuff is just fake and a gimmick he came up with, and if that is the case, would you really want him? And maybe you missed the part where Minnesota DID give him a raise. I'm sure they will give him another one as soon as he gets the team to the B1G Title game.

And just out of curiosity, who are all of these schools that Fleck would leave Minnesota for?

The fact you have to ask who the other schools are, tells me you don’t follow CFB too closely.

How many would you like to me list?
Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Michigan State
Nebraska
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Florida
Georgia
Texas
Texas A&M
Florida State
Clemson
USC
Oregon
Washington
UCLA

Should I keep going? It is about recruiting in college football and Minnesota has fewer blue chip recruits in four years, than these programs pull in one year.

Can Minnesota be an 8, 9, 10, 11 game winner every so often? Absolutely. Will they ever compete for a national title? No chance in hell.

To put it in perspective — Clemson signed 6 of the top 30 HS recruits this past recruiting class. Minnesota has recruited 4 players in the top 300 TOTAL over the last 4 years.
It’d be like the Patriots winning the Super Bowl and then giving them the top 5 picks in the NFL draft and then saying the Detroit Lions are going to win the Super Bowl. It isn’t happening.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan’s in that 50-60 range, but unless you have an All-American QB — your chances of winning a national title are slim.

Michigan hasn’t even had an All-B1G QB, let alone an All-American type in 20 years. That’s why I was so excited about Harbaugh, because I thought we’d have an elite QB every year. His HS recruits haven’t even broken the starting lineup in 5 years.
If only Michigan could find themselves a coach who is supposed to be some great developer of QB’s, a quarterback whisperer if you will, maybe then they could get an all B1G caliber QB.

Wasn’t Patterson the #1 QB of his recruiting class?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only Michigan could find themselves a coach who is supposed to be some great developer of QB’s, a quarterback whisperer if you will, maybe then they could get an all B1G caliber QB.

Wasn’t Patterson the #1 QB of his recruiting class?

That’s why I loved his hiring because that was his area of expertise. He has failed miserably.
If you go down the list of QB’s at UM over the last 15-20 years — it is a bunch of mediocre QB’s. The last QB UM had drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft was Harbaugh for crying out loud!!!!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact you have to ask who the other schools are, tells me you don’t follow CFB too closely.

How many would you like to me list?
Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Michigan State
Nebraska
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Florida
Georgia
Texas
Texas A&M
Florida State
Clemson
USC
Oregon
Washington
UCLA

Should I keep going? It is about recruiting in college football and Minnesota has fewer blue chip recruits in four years, than these programs pull in one year.

Can Minnesota be an 8, 9, 10, 11 game winner every so often? Absolutely. Will they ever compete for a national title? No chance in hell.

To put it in perspective — Clemson signed 6 of the top 30 HS recruits this past recruiting class. Minnesota has recruited 4 players in the top 300 TOTAL over the last 4 years.
It’d be like the Patriots winning the Super Bowl and then giving them the top 5 picks in the NFL draft and then saying the Detroit Lions are going to win the Super Bowl. It isn’t happening.

I follow cfb close enough to know you are a total braindead nutjob. It hasn't taken me long to figure out why every other non-Michigan poster in here doesn't respect you.

Oregon? Washington? UCLA? USC?

The Pac is dying dude. Shit and needles on the streets, Antifa on the streets, tanking Rankings in cbb and cfb is close behind. Time Zone issues. The weakest TV deal of the P5 conferences. The fact you included all 4 of these schools shows me that you are a total moron.

2010 - only 2 Pac teams made the eos Top 25, but at least they were #3 & #4 in the AP EOS ranking.
2011 - only 3 Pac teams made the eos Top 25, but at least they were all Top 8 in the AP EOS ranking.
2012 - only 3 Pac teams made the eos Top 25, Pac's closest it got to a Title in the last decade & came up short.
2013 - Pac got 6 teams into the eos Top 25, but NONE got into the Top 8.

12 & 13 seem to have been the Pac's sort of peaking, it's all been downhill since then.

2014 - only 4 Pac teams made the eos Top 25, the best got to #10.
2015 - only 3 Pac teams made the Top eos 25, the 2nd best didn't make the Top 16. Stanford finished #3.

Who did Stanford beat? I'll have to check that out. I mean, 12-2, only 2 other ranked teams in the conf? 2 losses??? My guess is Stanford got OVERRATED, but hey, they beat mighty Iowa, so... lol

2016 - only 4 Pac teams made the eos Top 25, UW got pounded by Bama so finished #4.

2017 - only 3 Pac teams made the eos Top 25, the best ranked of them was NUMBER TWELVE??? LOL
2018 - only TWO Pac teams made the eos Top 25, neither made the Top 8.
2019 - only 3 Pac teams are in the Top 25 right now, but #22 USC got whooped, so they will probably drop out. And Utah got trounced by a 7-5 unranked team? lol. As for Oregon, they lost to the Auburn team my Gophers beat, and BARELY got by the B1G's 3rd, maybe 4th best team?

Face it dude, the Pac is dying a slow death when it comes to sports, they struggle in women's VB now, which they used to dominate, my Gophers are going out on west coast trips for Softball and kicking their arses. No one is intimidated by West Coast teams anymore, and their virtual absence from the Big Dance every season doesn't help.

So tell me why the fuck Fleck would want to go out there? Maybe AFTER winning a Title here at Minnesota first, then he could possibly feel the need for a challenge and he might feel the LEFT Coast needs some of his spirituality and overall positive culture thing he has going on. But would the Godless Leftist Coast Antifa beta cuck soyboy politically correct safespace needing panzies even want a guy like Fleck???

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow cfb close enough to know you are a total braindead nutjob. It hasn't taken me long to figure out why every other non-Michigan poster in here doesn't respect you.

Oregon? Washington? UCLA? USC?

The Pac is dying dude. Shit and needles on the streets, Antifa on the streets, tanking Rankings in cbb and cfb is close behind. Time Zone issues. The weakest TV deal of the P5 conferences. The fact you included all 4 of these schools shows me that you are a total moron.

2010 - only 2 Pac teams made the eos Top 25, but at least they were #3 & #4 in the AP EOS ranking.
2011 - only 3 Pac teams made the eos Top 25, but at least they were all Top 8 in the AP EOS ranking.
2012 - only 3 Pac teams made the eos Top 25, Pac's closest it got to a Title in the last decade & came up short.
2013 - Pac got 6 teams into the eos Top 25, but NONE got into the Top 8.

12 & 13 seem to have been the Pac's sort of peaking, it's all been downhill since then.

2014 - only 4 Pac teams made the eos Top 25, the best got to #10.
2015 - only 3 Pac teams made the Top eos 25, the 2nd best didn't make the Top 16. Stanford finished #3.

Who did Stanford beat? I'll have to check that out. I mean, 12-2, only 2 other ranked teams in the conf? 2 losses??? My guess is Stanford got OVERRATED, but hey, they beat mighty Iowa, so... lol

2016 - only 4 Pac teams made the eos Top 25, UW got pounded by Bama so finished #4.

2017 - only 3 Pac teams made the eos Top 25, the best ranked of them was NUMBER TWELVE??? LOL
2018 - only TWO Pac teams made the eos Top 25, neither made the Top 8.
2019 - only 3 Pac teams are in the Top 25 right now, but #22 USC got whooped, so they will probably drop out. And Utah got trounced by a 7-5 unranked team? lol. As for Oregon, they lost to the Auburn team my Gophers beat, and BARELY got by the B1G's 3rd, maybe 4th best team?

Face it dude, the Pac is dying a slow death when it comes to sports, they struggle in women's VB now, which they used to dominate, my Gophers are going out on west coast trips for Softball and kicking their arses. No one is intimidated by West Coast teams anymore, and their virtual absence from the Big Dance every season doesn't help.

So tell me why the fuck Fleck would want to go out there? Maybe AFTER winning a Title here at Minnesota first, then he could possibly feel the need for a challenge and he might feel the LEFT Coast needs some of his spirituality and overall positive culture thing he has going on. But would the Godless Leftist Coast Antifa beta cuck soyboy politically correct safespace needing panzies even want a guy like Fleck???

Why would he want to go there? Because California, along with Texas, Florida and Georgia are the premier recruiting states for CFB.

It is priceless to hear you call someone a brain dead nut job and in the same post talk about Minnesota winning a national title:pound::pound::pound:

You have a better shot at winning the lottery than Minnesota has at winning a national title in 3-4 years. You are quite entertaining to listen to though.:lol:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he want to go there? Because California, along with Texas, Florida and Georgia are the premier recruiting states for CFB.

It is priceless to hear you call someone a brain dead nut job and in the same post talk about Minnesota winning a national title:pound::pound::pound:

You have a better shot at winning the lottery than Minnesota has at winning a national title in 3-4 years. You are quite entertaining to listen to though.:lol:

And why don't you count for me the # of Div 1 football playing schools are in California and neighboring Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon?

Btw, Minnesota HAS won a Natl Title in football before. Not just once, or twice, but in FIVE different decades they were able to win a Natl Title in football.

Before Dabo showed up, Clemson had ONE.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why don't you count for me the # of Div 1 football playing schools are in California and neighboring Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon?

Btw, Minnesota HAS won a Natl Title in football before. Not just once, or twice, but in FIVE different decades they were able to win a Natl Title in football.

Before Dabo showed up, Clemson had ONE.

I’ve seen some homer fans on this site, but you may take the cake.

The state of Minnesota had TWO recruits in the top 500. TWO!!!
Minnesota had 1 in the top 300.
Minnesota had 0 in the top 150 recruits.

The state of California had 45 recruits in the top 500. California had 25 recruits in the top 300. California had 16 in the top 150.

If USC offered Fleck the job tomorrow, he’d be on the first flight out of Minneapolis.

You can only get so far in today’s CFB without elite recruiting. And with the CCG and CFP’s now — the chance for a school who doesn’t recruit at or near the top is non-existent. You don’t just have to win one game, you have to beat 3 elite recruiting teams to win a title in back to back to back games.

It is not happening.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen some homer fans on this site, but you may take the cake.

The state of Minnesota had TWO recruits in the top 500. TWO!!!
Minnesota had 1 in the top 300.
Minnesota had 0 in the top 150 recruits.

The state of California had 45 recruits in the top 500. California had 25 recruits in the top 300. California had 16 in the top 150.

If USC offered Fleck the job tomorrow, he’d be on the first flight out of Minneapolis.

You can only get so far in today’s CFB without elite recruiting. And with the CCG and CFP’s now — the chance for a school who doesn’t recruit at or near the top is non-existent. You don’t just have to win one game, you have to beat 3 elite recruiting teams to win a title in back to back to back games.

It is not happening.

Dude, nothing homerish about it. Simple fact, without a Great Coach, no amount of recruiting can help a school, especially when those 45 California Top 500 recruits probably want to play for a good coach, not for the loser their local supposed blue blood hired.

Lets count them?

Minnesota has just Wisconsin and Iowa to recruit against for the players in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota.

USC has Cal, UCLA, Stanford, SDSU, SJSU, Fresno St, BYU, Utah, Ariz, ASU, UNLV, Nevada, Oregon, Oregon St, Utah St.

That is 16 schools vying for those 16 Top 150 players, and that is if you ignore all the programs from around the country who also recruit California. If USC doesn't have a great coach, they won't be getting the lions share of those players, if hardly any of them, and if they do, they won't do anything with them. What has USC done in the last decade? a 10-3 season is their best? WOW, Fleck has already outdone that twice. Just 2 Top Ten finishes in the last decade, as many seasons not even making the Top 25 as they did making it??? Wow, all of those recruiting advantages sure are doing them good, eh??? lol And it's not like it's other Cali or West Coast schools doing all the kicking arse, NO WEST COAST teams are dominating cfb right now.
If you expand out a little further, you got Wash, WSU, Boise St, NM, NMSU, Air Force, Col St, Wyoming. Is Portland St Div 1, probably just in bb?

Shall we look at Florida next? How well has Miami been doing lately? Or how about FSU? UCF? Their 15 minutes of fame have come and gone. UF is doing ok, but since Meyer left, have they even once made a serious challenge for the Title? Has ANY Florida team?

And Texas? lol Yeah, lets talk about Texas. Has a single Texas based team even made the cfp yet?

Btw, in the last 2 decades I know Minnesota, lowly Minnesota, has beaten Alabama, Ohio St, Auburn, and just barely lost to the best team TCU has had this century, and we also played USC pretty close, all but the Auburn game BEFORE we had Fleck.