• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overturned - Brady suspension vacated. Let's hear you bitch and moan. Crow $2 a plate

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is, in article 46. That is the catchall.

It's very similar to the "in the best interests of the game clause" as in the SCOTUS case which A's owner Finley vs. Commission Kuhn. Where the commissioner was able to stop the sale of players under the "best interests of baseball."

This case is a HUGE blow against that clause as well.
Q, I didn't know you were a "dummy chucker"?????

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad it's over, well sort of. The appeal of the appeal has lots its appeal.

Pretty bad when the judge says in his response that Brady was guilty, but that the case was so botched that he had no choice but to over turn the decision. I don't see how Goodell can recover from this. How many owners can still support him given how bad he now looks? No way he's here by the next draft.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll get caught again. They'll never stop til Kraft is forced out of the league.

He'll never be forced out Hammer unless he does something illegal, ehh hrrmph, he just needs to keep shoving the dough into the pockets of the right hungry conspirators. Ask Sonny, he knows all about that mafiosi shit.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best ever. It's time to stop pretending otherwise like any of us know dudes named Rockne, Lombardi or whoever.

True. I don't think those guys were even coaching black players in those days. The game is a bit different now. I was thinking maybe Bill Walsh was decent competition from the "modern" era, but maybe not?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't see Brady winning another SB unless Belichick goes all gung ho during free agency as he did last year. The team has not gotten any better, while the other teams are getting stronger.

I actually feel that the Steelers have a better chance of getting their 7th ring than the Patriots getting their 5th. This is purely based on their near to mid term outlook.
Well I don't want to count out a winning organization like the Steelers, even though they have no defense.
It amazes me that every single year is the end of the Patriots and so many jump right in.
You would think that fans of a winning organization would be more enlightened.....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty bad when the judge says in his response that Brady was guilty, but that the case was so botched that he had no choice but to over turn the decision. I don't see how Goodell can recover from this. How many owners can still support him given how bad he now looks? No way he's here by the next draft.

Where did the judge say Brady was guilty of something? Please link that because I read it and didn't see that part.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll get caught again. They'll never stop til Kraft is forced out of the league.

If Irsay didn't get forced out after getting arrested with a car full of drugs and cash, I think Kraft might be safe for a while.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did the judge say Brady was guilty of something? Please link that because I read it and didn't see that part.
Bullshit. There is zero chance you read some 50+ pages of this word for word today. Didn't happen and you know it.

Doug Farrar did read every page for the article he wrote in SI and said in a radio interview a few minutes ago that the judge said he was willing to accept his guilt but then spent the next 39 pages explaining why the case was botched so badly that it had to be thrown out.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely agree. You cannot lead the owners on a 10 million dollar journey to try and boost your personal image, and have this type of an outcome. Roger is toast.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The procedure and evidence used to determine Brady's responsibility and punishment were flawed.

End of story.

Net effect is that Patriots are going to have every aspect of their future games under scrutiny.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything good comes out this its that Goodell's exposed for the incompetent f*ckhead he is. I can't believe this idiot is getting the salary he is.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. There is zero chance you read some 50+ pages of this word for word today. Didn't happen and you know it.

Doug Farrar did read every page for the article he wrote in SI and said in a radio interview a few minutes ago that the judge said he was willing to accept his guilt but then spent the next 39 pages explaining why the case was botched so badly that it had to be thrown out.

So you don't have a link to the judge saying Brady is guilty of something? That's what I thought.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't have a link to the judge saying Brady is guilty of something? That's what I thought.
So you don't have proof that Doug Farrar is wrong? That's what I thought.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't have proof that Doug Farrar is wrong? That's what I thought.

Wait a minute. You said "the judge says in his response that Brady was guilty". I just asked you to show me where he said that. If you are going to run with a BS quote, you should expect to get called on it. I didn't see any such wording in his decision. Who is Doug Farrar?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope....saw them 2 weeks ago in Mountain View just down the road from here....very good show.

Yeah...I saw them earlier in the tour at the Forum. But that was just one show and that doesn't really scratch the itch. You know how it goes...