• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overrated… Underrated?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List 3 prospects that you think are overrated and 3 that you think are underrated. By saying someone is overrated doesn't mean you necessarily think they'll be a bust, just not near the level of hype they are getting.

Overrated:
1) Justice Winslow- Seems like a guy with limited upside to me.
2) Kelly Oubre- Another guy I just can't see having a lot of success in the NBA at least right away.
3) Devin Booker- Good shooter? Yes, but not good enough to be drafted top 10 like some mocks have him at. Probably spends a lot of time in the DLeague the next two years.

Underrated:
1) Rondae Hollis-Jefferson- Since I had the chance to watch him play, there's no way he won't have a long, successful career in the NBA… won't be a star, but someone that will contribute and play lock down D.
2) RJ Hunter- His game will translate seamlessly to the NBA, think he'll be a very good player and should go before a guy like Booker (who he's rated 10-15 spots higher than on most sites)
3) D'Angelo Russell. Yes, he'll go top 3, but he should be a no brainer for the top pick this year. He is going to be a star and end up better than the two big men (KAT & Jalil), mark my words. 5 years from now the Wolves will look back and regret not taking him. Nothing against KAT, but Russell is going to be a game changer and the best player from this class.
4) Adding one more for fun…. Bobby Portis.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say because in the NBA tons of guys put up decent numbers but their teams go nowhere. So, they're not labeled 'busts' but they in general ... suck. Especially considering one player can carry four pieces of dead weight to within 2 wins of an NBA championship.

Overrated:
Okafor - No team will ever win anything with him as the best player. Of that, I guarantee.
Everybody from the Big12
Myles Turner - How does a guy who couldn't even take a Top 10 team based on talent past the 1st round end up several spots ahead of Kaminsky? :noidea:

Underrated:
Tyus Jones - ice water
Connaghton - I don't really think he'll make it but I hope he does. I love his game.
Everybody from the Big East who gets drafted - which will probably be nobody. :dhd:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys that I think are underrated in regards to where they are being projected to get selected:

1. Cam Payne
2. Totally agree with Bobby Portis
3. Pat Connaughton
4. Tyler Harvey

Overrated:
1. Trey Lyles
2. Jonathan Holmes
3. Mario Hezonja

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree on your overrated list. I like Winslow a lot but people are already comparing him to Wade. He's got a long, long way to go for that.

I'm also very huge on Russell I don't think I ever hid that on the college bball boards either that said I don't think the wolves wi have any regrets.

You shouldn't draft solely on need but KAT has everything to back up the wolves badly needing a big man. The upside on the pick is just massive and he should at the very least be a good anchor on D throughout.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated:
1. Mario Hezonja. European known for being an athlete? Huge bust potential
2. Willie Cauley-Stein. 1 way defensive big men dont necessarily project that way at the next level.

Underrated:
1. Stanley Johnson. I wouldn't be shocked if he is one of the 3 best players in the draft 5 years from now
2. Devin Booker. Depending on where he is drafted but its a 3pt shooting game right now. Should go top 6

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of your underrated guys could very likely be Lakers. I like Russell over Okafor and hope they take him at #2. I think a Russell/Clarkson backcourt has a bright future. The Lakers like Hollis-Jefferson as well. Can he do anything else other than play defense? I don't know enough about him. A defense wing needs to be able to shoot the 3.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of your underrated guys could very likely be Lakers. I like Russell over Okafor and hope they take him at #2. I think a Russell/Clarkson backcourt has a bright future. The Lakers like Hollis-Jefferson as well. Can he do anything else other than play defense? I don't know enough about him. A defense wing needs to be able to shoot the 3.

Shooting is the 1 thing Hollis-Jefferson will not be doing well... at least for a few years.

Given his decent interior jumpshot and his form... I think he could be like a Kawhi Leonard where he develops his shot after a couple years with all the practice time they get in the NBA.

As for his offensive strengths... a great athletic finisher and a great motor. He's got pretty good passing vision as well.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated: any European player, Willie Cauley Stein, Kelly Oubre, Kevon Looney
Underrated: Stanley Johnson should be a top 5 pick but won't be, Sam Dekker,