• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many pieces are missing from the Charlotte Hornets to become a serious playoff threat in the east plus a finals contender in the future?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna bet?
I know so.

Now tell me, how many current NBA superstars played in the finals last year? The answer is only one - Giannis.

The problem is that LeBron is in the same boat as Tom Brady in that he's simply too damn arrogant to retire. Therefore, we may not see this definitively for another 5-7 years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know so.

Now tell me, how many current NBA superstars played in the finals last year? The answer is only one - Giannis.

The problem is that LeBron is in the same boat as Tom Brady in that he's simply too damn arrogant to retire. Therefore, we may not see this definitively for another 5-7 years.
Was Ray Allen a superstar in Boston? KG? Nope. They were just very good AS type of players.
Middleton and Holiday were the same

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Ray Allen a superstar in Boston? KG? Nope. They were just very good AS type of players.
Middleton and Holiday were the same

Garnett should’ve won the mvp

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Charlotte Hornets are like 5-7 years away you think from being a serious playoff contender in the eastern conference I won’t go any farther than that a finals contender I know will be quite awhile but do you see MJ also staying as well or will we see a new owner eventually?

No.

They probably won’t ever get to that level with this core. 2-3 years away from hitting the ceiling for this group, and that ceiling probably is not contender level.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

They probably won’t ever get to that level with this core. 2-3 years away from hitting the ceiling for this group, and that ceiling probably is not contender level.

They drafted two guys with really high upside, but low floors.

A year or two from now this could be an entirely different convo.

Or we could be saying they need to blow this shit up