• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over/Under on Forfeits

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it’s zero, give me the over.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this what they said would happen last year and nobody was ever handed an L...

But forcing the vax by threatening to forfeit pay is a pretty bold move. This is putting teams in a very tough spot honestly.

Your move Cole Beasely

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about outbreaks for teams fully vaccinated? The Delta variant is a different strain that the vaccinations weren't prepared for. As to the guys refusing the vax, I don't get that at all. I didn't feel I needed it and don't really believe in them but I still got the thing just to prevent travel hassles. But that's a whole different conversation.
As to the over/under, I doubt there will be any forfeits so over, I guess. Made it through last season, they will get through this one, methinks. Cheers fellas.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of Democratic Texas state legislators got Covid despite being fully vaccinated. Well, at least they tested positive, which is still what counts.

I don't think being a Conscientious Objector to these vaccines should put you at risk, but indemnify those who take the jab. They're still making this a political decision instead of a personal one.

As a cardiac patient on blood thinners to prevent clotting, I don't trust products that increase the risk of clots. That should be my choice, not the government's.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of Democratic Texas state legislators got Covid despite being fully vaccinated. Well, at least they tested positive, which is still what counts.

I don't think being a Conscientious Objector to these vaccines should put you at risk, but indemnify those who take the jab. They're still making this a political decision instead of a personal one.

As a cardiac patient on blood thinners to prevent clotting, I don't trust products that increase the risk of clots. That should be my choice, not the government's.
Your reasoning is one I can respect. It's a legit argument and I agree with it. Especially the one that has shown to have thus side effect.
I do get miffed at all these healthy, prime of their life types making this some constitutional and political issue though.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess 2 at most, but my likely guess is that there won't be any forfeits.

This does have an added twist that many probably aren't thinking about though. You only forfeit the game if you can't reschedule. Does that mean the opponent could make rescheduling harder to force an L on an opponent. It sounds like the other team isn't gifted a W though.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In this instance, for the NFL, it isn't a political or personal decision, it's a business decision. It's clearly in the NFL's best interests to have as many players as possible vaccinated. They are making policy decisions consistent with those interests.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is your choice, these guys can choose to find another profession. Simple.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I’m not 100% onboard with this policy I fully understand the reasoning behind it. And the NFL already has the law on their side with the judges decision on the nurses at Methodist hospital in Texas for example. Too long to go into but basically the judge said tat the hospital has every right to require vaccination of its employees. We shall see how this plays out.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be confident betting on zero forfeits. At most, there will be 1 or 2.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be confident betting on zero forfeits. At most, there will be 1 or 2.
Not being a smart ass but that’s not exactly confident at least not betting wise but then again I don’t bet but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last month.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about outbreaks for teams fully vaccinated? The Delta variant is a different strain that the vaccinations weren't prepared for. As to the guys refusing the vax, I don't get that at all. I didn't feel I needed it and don't really believe in them but I still got the thing just to prevent travel hassles. But that's a whole different conversation.
As to the over/under, I doubt there will be any forfeits so over, I guess. Made it through last season, they will get through this one, methinks. Cheers fellas.
The delta variant has been shown to be more infectious.
Data has shown the vaccine to be effective against the Delta Variant.
The problem is with th unvaccinated.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being a smart ass but that’s not exactly confident at least not betting wise but then again I don’t bet but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last month.
what taking one option and hedging it with two others isnt confidence?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the vaccine is a risk for you, that does not mean you can ignore policy aimed at protecting others.
If you choose to drive drunk and not wear a seatbelt, that does not excuse you from laws tht say not to drive drunk!