• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over/Under 7.5

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone legitimately think we can win 8+ games this season? If so, why? I need some optimism after this offseason.
I got my money down yesterday in Vegas on the number 6.5.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this and i hope Im really wrong but I got us at 8-8. Prediction will change after preseason.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were taking the over before Aldon was released?
Sorry, I had to relook at my post in this thread and I had originally taken the under...barely.
I am now a little more convinced.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its safe to say we should be able to get 8 wins. anything under is a failure. This team still has too much talent not to get at least 8 wins. Time will tell. If everything goes well they can get 10 wins(I mean everything needs to go Right).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will wait till the end of preseason to make any kind of judgement. I want to see how they look on the field first.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How 49ers Depth Will Fuel Playoff Run In 2015 Despite Key Losses | NinerFans.com - A San Francisco 49ers Blog

i guess everyone can make a "play-off run" up to a certain point in the season?

a little optimistic but otherwise reasonable.
Man when you look at that picture its scary how much we lost. No wonder people think we are going suck. The problem is they don't know about the young talented kids we have waiting in the wings.

1 area I forgot where we might feel a negative impact is how good Gore was at picking up the blitz and block.

so the 3 biggest drop off from peoples we lost:
1)Anthony Davis(no one to take his spot)
2)Gore(we will be fine in the run game but its his blocking and picking up the blitz where it will hurt)
3)Aldon Smith(cant replace a guy that can do it all) Yes we have Lynch and Harold but they wont make an impact like Smith would.
4)Willis(Yes I know this might be higher but I think with bowman back and I think Moody will be Fine) Don't get me wrong I will miss this guy but I feel Bowman can take his place in the D as a leader.

Again u inter change any of them in a certain order.

Guys I wont miss or think next man in will be Fine is:
1)Crabtree(T. Smith is better)
2)Cully( we have a lot of Depth here.)
3)Iupati(boone is better in my opinion) Don't get me wrong having him and Boone would be awesome but Im ok with this. We are depending on Thomas to be the man.

Cant wait for the season and a great article.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man when you look at that picture its scary how much we lost. No wonder people think we are going suck. The problem is they don't know about the young talented kids we have waiting in the wings.

1 area I forgot where we might feel a negative impact is how good Gore was at picking up the blitz and block.

2)Gore(we will be fine in the run game but its his blocking and picking up the blitz where it will hurt)
3)Aldon Smith(cant replace a guy that can do it all) Yes we have Lynch and Harold but they wont make an impact like Smith would.
4)Willis(Yes I know this might be higher but I think with bowman back and I think Moody will be Fine) Don't get me wrong I will miss this guy but I feel Bowman can take his place in the D as a leader.

Again u inter change any of them in a certain order.

Guys I wont miss or think next man in will be Fine is:
1)Crabtree(T. Smith is better)
2)Cully( we have a lot of Depth here.)
3)Iupati(boone is better in my opinion) Don't get me wrong having him and Boone would be awesome but Im ok with this. We are depending on Thomas to be the man.

Cant wait for the season and a great article.

We still have to see how good these talented kids will be. Even if these kids turn out to be great players, the difficult thing this year is the adjustment of having new players and the development of these guys. Also factor in the change in coaching staff and coaching philosophy. It is a wait and see. I would put Aldon on top of that list, assuming we lost the Aldon of old. Although Aldon played 9 games last year, he was quiet on the field. Willis leadership will be missed. On the field, he wasn't the same player as the all-pro version. That bad toe was limiting his mobility and he couldn't cover ground like he used to.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

no question we lost performance on the first three players above. Willis is questionable due to his toe injury, he likely wouldn't have played near his ability?

the drop off at RT seems large but the others aren't. So if all the drop offs aren't large save one, this TEAM isn't dropping off as far as it might seem. Wouldn't go as far as "play-off run" implying late into the season, but don't think we 'fall off a cliff' either.

Before Aldon, i was thinking 9-7, MAYBE 10-6 with some luck. Now i'm thinking 8-8.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no question we lost performance on the first three players above. Willis is questionable due to his toe injury, he likely wouldn't have played near his ability?

the drop off at RT seems large but the others aren't. So if all the drop offs aren't large save one, this TEAM isn't dropping off as far as it might seem. Wouldn't go as far as "play-off run" implying late into the season, but don't think we 'fall off a cliff' either.

Before Aldon, i was thinking 9-7, MAYBE 10-6 with some luck. Now i'm thinking 8-8.
yeah i have 8-8 right now. best 10-6 worst 6-10.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Aldon gone, I'll say that your season's record hinges on week 1.

If you beat the Vikings week one, I'll say 6-10
If you lose to the Vikings week one, then 3-13

Where are the five other wins if they beat the Vikings? I don't see it. I see three games that should be close and can go either way, another 3 that should be losses, but could hinge on the health of either roster, and 10 blowouts. There isn't a coaching staff this team faces that I feel the 9ers can outcoach.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the five other wins if they beat the Vikings? I don't see it. I see three games that should be close and can go either way, another 3 that should be losses, but could hinge on the health of either roster, and 10 blowouts. There isn't a coaching staff this team faces that I feel the 9ers can outcoach.
The five other wins would from from the Falcons, @Bears, Rams, @Browns and one of the following: Bengals, @NYG, @Rams, Cardinals.

If they can't beat the Vikings, then they beat the Falcons and two games between @Bears, Rams, @Browns.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

coaching STAFF, or Harbaugh vs Tomsula?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coaching STAFF, or Harbaugh vs Tomsula?

Good quote. I don't think Tomsula is going to be very involved in game planning. I expect the coordinators will be primarily responsible. At the same time, from what I've read, Harbaugh was not very good at X and Os either and left that up to his assistants. Anyone who thinks this coaching staff is horrible hasn't really looked at it, especially compared to the prior staff. There are holdovers. The biggest loss is probably Fangio and Donatell. Geep Chryst is a question mark and I believe the WR coach is too. But they probably aren't going to be any worse than what was there under Harbaugh. The oline coach is very good one. Tony Sparano is an upgrade over Mangini for tight ends. I was a bit skeptical of Steve Logan till I read his background and I am a bit more optimistic in his abilities. Mangini is a question mark. I like the DB and linebacker's coach.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs Minn= W
@ Pitt= L
@ Arizona= L
vs GB= W (we just have their number and its at home)
@NY= W (We are still better then the Giants.)
vs Ravens= L
vs Seattle= L
@ SL= L
vs Falcons= W
@ Seattle= L
vs Cardinals= W
@ Bears= W
@ Browns= W
vs Cincy= L
@ Det= W
vs Rams= W

After breaking it down I guess my prediction is 9-7 instead of 8-8. Now don't get me wrong this team can still go 6-10 or 10-6.

Teams I don't see beating us are Det, Chi, NY, Browns and Min. That's 5 games right there. I think we will beat SL(split) and Falcons.

Toss up games are GB and at least 1 Win against Arizona.

If the season goes right I can see us winning 1 out of Pitt, Ravens or Cincy. =10-6
If the season goes bad I can see us losing both toss up games that I have and 1 of the easy games.= 6-10

if we are in the race the end of the schedule looks good.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good quote. I don't think Tomsula is going to be very involved in game planning. I expect the coordinators will be primarily responsible. At the same time, from what I've read, Harbaugh was not very good at X and Os either and left that up to his assistants. Anyone who thinks this coaching staff is horrible hasn't really looked at it, especially compared to the prior staff. There are holdovers. The biggest loss is probably Fangio and Donatell. Geep Chryst is a question mark and I believe the WR coach is too. But they probably aren't going to be any worse than what was there under Harbaugh. The oline coach is very good one. Tony Sparano is an upgrade over Mangini for tight ends. I was a bit skeptical of Steve Logan till I read his background and I am a bit more optimistic in his abilities. Mangini is a question mark. I like the DB and linebacker's coach.

I didn't quite post it correctly, but you got the gist anyway. :-)

agree this Staff isn't THAT bad, at least on paper?! they have a lot of experience and were at higher coaching levels prior.