• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over/Under 7.5

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone legitimately think we can win 8+ games this season? If so, why? I need some optimism after this offseason.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, who knows?
SF still has some players but have way too many unknowns. If forced to guess, I guess under.
Barely.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone legitimately think we can win 8+ games this season? If so, why? I need some optimism after this offseason.

Definitely possible. It could be over and it could be under. Too many unknowns this year with changes in players and coaching. And from what I've read it looks like there is going to be a change in philosophy from last year on both sides of the ball. Last year the team went 8-8 with a decimated defense and underperforming offense and according to some the offensive coaching had become dysfunctional under Harbaugh. When you look at the players leaving, only Borland and Willis were really the surprises, other than Anthony Davis. Some of these players were aging or underperforming players so it really is going to depend on how the players drafted the past couple of years under Baalke perform.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a followup, to look at the plus side, the dline and pass rush could be nasty this year. Aldon is in great shape and will be here the whole season. Aaron Lynch after an impressive rookie year, will be back with another year of experience. That could be a strong pass rush coming from both ends. Carradine according to one observer at OTA's noted that he was the strongest DLineman there. Just bulled passed people. Keep in mind, the offense lines on teams in the NFC West is average at best, probably Arizona's is the best of the group. I've read numerous reports from OTAs and Keith Reaser was mentioned as a standout by everyone. He was considered a very good talent from that draft so this could be one of those redshirted players that really pays off. Hunter also has looked really good. So barring another season of injuries, the 49ers will be getting some key players back this year. Of course, OTAs don't guarantee anything, but everything good and bad is speculation at this point.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we can win 8+ games. No roster spot is safe so I imagine the younger players training harder. With so many coaching changes, for sure we'll be less predictable. With the disappointing season last year, we'll go in with an underdog mentality and play like we have nothing to lose. Go Niners!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers aren't doomed, but the 2015 season could be shaky - SBNation.com

i would go with over 7.5, cause right now my feeling is 9 wins. The front part of the schedule looks TOUGH so we would obviously have to avoid an "O-fer" start. Maybe we get "youthful exuberance" with this team? Maybe we get more resilience with this team?

Not expecting much more from Kaep, taking an "average" of his history. So IMO it'll starts with the O-line.

Our D won't be "elite", but don't think it'll drop off THAT much. Rotate the D-line to stop the run, and we should have a fierce pass rush as already mentioned.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will be optomistic with 10! Ballkey and Tomsula need to bring the coaching staff together and come up with plans and ideas that are adaptable in all 3 phases of the team this team needs to be hungry and with the best facilities in the NFL!! 21 years from #6 Go 49ers!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will be optomistic with 10! Ballkey and Tomsula need to bring the coaching staff together and come up with plans and ideas that are adaptable in all 3 phases of the team this team needs to be hungry and with the best facilities in the NFL!! 21 years from #6 Go 49ers!!

Seems like they have new ideas such as getting plays off quicker, screens, roll-outs, and zone blocking. IMO sorting out the O-line and committing to a blocking scheme is the most important. Nice to think they can gap and zone, but rather they decide on one for Pre-Season.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 9 wins is best case scenario. Kaep might not be a tremendous QB, but he is a big enough play maker. SF still has decentreceivers and Vernon Davis. Hunter will be decent if he stays healthy. Niners offense wasn't great anyways.

Defense lost a lot, but I feel they still will be tough. I think 7.5 is very fair. SF dropped a lot from 2 years but did they drop lower than teams like CLE, MIN, or STL (I know STL beat SF but SF did better record-wise).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think 9 wins is best case scenario. Kaep might not be a tremendous QB, but he is a big enough play maker. SF still has decentreceivers and Vernon Davis. Hunter will be decent if he stays healthy. Niners offense wasn't great anyways.

Defense lost a lot, but I feel they still will be tough. I think 7.5 is very fair. SF dropped a lot from 2 years but did they drop lower than teams like CLE, MIN, or STL (I know STL beat SF but SF did better record-wise).

agree 7.5 is very fair for LV to set. They judge public perception and not evaluate the actual talent left. The public recognizes these 'names' no longer with the 49ers. The public doesn't know how injured they were, nor the depth remaining.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the local fans and media people who cover the team get it. Some of the national writers don't.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They always are. But the lack of a professional level defensive backfield is going to be awfully tough to overcome.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They always are. But the lack of a professional level defensive backfield is going to be awfully tough to overcome.

???. Not sure how you came to this conclusion The 49ers are only replacing one starter at this point. The 49ers have two pro bowl safeties in Eric Reid and Bethea. Tramaine Brock was a starting CB before getting injured last year and will be back. That just leaves one cornerback spot to replace.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

We have two pro bowl caliber safeties. I'd say approximately 25 teams would love to have the collection of safeties we'll trot out there. CB is a position of concern, but look at our starters since Baalke took over:

A widely panned Carlos Rogers who signed on the cheap, and 5th-round vet Tarell Brown started from 2011 to 2013. Undrafted vet Tramaine Brock played a big role in 2013. Last year, former third-rounder Chris Culliver (and Baalke was criticized for reaching at that time) returned from a serious injury and started opposite Perrish Cox, who had been cut by both the Niners and the Hawks during the 2013 season. Rookies Jimmy Ward and Dontae Johnson also played a lot last year. Despite these borderline throwaway pieces, our D has remained strong (though the wheels did fall off by the end of last year due to all the injuries).

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???. Not sure how you came to this conclusion The 49ers are only replacing one starter at this point. The 49ers have two pro bowl safeties in Eric Reid and Bethea. Tramaine Brock was a starting CB before getting injured last year and will be back. That just leaves one cornerback spot to replace.
Both of last year's starters at Corner are gone and Reid cannot be counted upon to stay healthy. I couldn't even name you the nickel back at this point unless its Jimmie Ward who I believe has no business being in the NFL in the first place. Our front 7 covered for this deficiency a lot in the past but that won't be happenning this year with all the key losses in that area. I believe they will still play tough but as a whole will be just good enough to get us beat.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have two pro bowl caliber safeties. I'd say approximately 25 teams would love to have the collection of safeties we'll trot out there. CB is a position of concern, but look at our starters since Baalke took over:

A widely panned Carlos Rogers who signed on the cheap, and 5th-round vet Tarell Brown started from 2011 to 2013. Undrafted vet Tramaine Brock played a big role in 2013. Last year, former third-rounder Chris Culliver (and Baalke was criticized for reaching at that time) returned from a serious injury and started opposite Perrish Cox, who had been cut by both the Niners and the Hawks during the 2013 season. Rookies Jimmy Ward and Dontae Johnson also played a lot last year. Despite these borderline throwaway pieces, our D has remained strong (though the wheels did fall off by the end of last year due to all the injuries).
Fair enough. I don't think the front 7 willbe able to cover for the deficiencies in the backfield as they've always done in the past. Too much talent has left from that front 7 group as well as critical leadership.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before draft and Free Agents I thought 7-9 but im starting to really like this team. D should still be a Top 5-8 D and Offense should be better rank 19-23. I think they can go 10-6 and come in 2nd in the West and make a wildcard. I will have my Final prediction after preseason.