• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over-rated: Ole Miss and South Carolina

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was. We expected a drop off with the talent we lost and the change in coaches, but that was ugly. This will be a lost year, and then we will see if Mason is any good.
-
It is sad. Franklin really went after Vandy when he left. He hurt the program. I really hope Mason succeeds.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very worried about ECU's offense if I were a USCe fan. An 0-3 start is not only plausible, but probable :shocked:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how it works. A&M will jump to the top 7 and SCAR may drop 3 spots because they lost to 'such a good team'

Thats exactly what usually happens. Great post

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina allowed A&M 99 offensive plays. 99!!

I do not think Boise State is going to be that good, Mississippi should have whipped them and for three quarters the game was close, 7-6 Ole Miss. Ole Miss is just lucky that their defense carried them and that the Boise State offense was over-matched. yes, Ole Miss's defense looked good against a probably not very good Boise State offense.

Vanderbilt lost to Temple. Temple was 2-10 in 2013. The only teams that Temple beat last year were 3-9 Army and 3-9 Memphis.

I stick by my statement, the SEC SOSs have got to take a hit.

Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi State, and LSU are on upset alert.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina doesn't have the athletes to be that good. A&M looked so much faster, stronger, and just outright dominated them. Freshman Myles Garrett plays his 1st game and looked like a beast compared to those horrible gamecocks. We'll find out if A&M just has better athletes than everybody else, or USCe just sucks.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
add Tennessee also

Tennessee is on upset alert also.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I realize Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee are probably in even matched games. But the SEC has had bragging rights long enough.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is on upset alert also.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I realize Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee are probably in even matched games. But the SEC has had bragging rights long enough.

Tennessee on upset alert?

Tennessee hasn't been in a position to be upset in several years.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats exactly what usually happens. Great post

Yep... The ole, "See ya'll, South Carolina isn't that BAD, it's just that A&M is SO DAMN GOOD!!!"...

LOL!!!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina allowed A&M 99 offensive plays. 99!!

I do not think Boise State is going to be that good, Mississippi should have whipped them and for three quarters the game was close, 7-6 Ole Miss. Ole Miss is just lucky that their defense carried them and that the Boise State offense was over-matched. yes, Ole Miss's defense looked good against a probably not very good Boise State offense.

Vanderbilt lost to Temple. Temple was 2-10 in 2013. The only teams that Temple beat last year were 3-9 Army and 3-9 Memphis.

I stick by my statement, the SEC SOSs have got to take a hit.

Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi State, and LSU are on upset alert.

Vandy is going to be terrible this year. In terms of SOS they look like they will be a 100+ team in terms of computer ranking. Every major conference has one team that is ranked that low though. They'll probably just take Kentucky's place as the bottom team in the SEC. And South Carolina losing to another SEC team isn't going to hurt the conference SOS as a whole. It basically cancels out.

We'll have much more information after this weekend to determine whether or not the SEC SoS's are going to take a hit. What if UGA and LSU both win their games?

And Mississippi State is not on upset alert. Southern Mississippi has won one game the last 2 years. Mississippi State is going to roll them.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and Bo Wallace has been over-hyped. Wallace = Jevan Snead.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bo Wallace is just scary. One of the few Qbs that both fan bases fear coming into a game.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really. Nobody has mentioned Wallace as a Heisman candidate like they did with Snead entering his Junior season.

Snead actually had a very good sophomore season. He lead Ole Miss to a win over the eventual National Champs in Florida(a game that lead to Tebow's most famous speech) and bowl win over Texas Tech. The same Texas Tech that went 11-1.

But Snead, along with the rest of the Ole Miss team shat the bed the next season after starting the season very overrated at number 6.

But moral of the story is, Wallace has never been hyped like Snead, and Wallace has never had a season like Snead's sophomore season.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Nobody has mentioned Wallace as a Heisman candidate like they did with Snead entering his Junior season.

Snead actually had a very good sophomore season. He lead Ole Miss to a win over the eventual National Champs in Florida(a game that lead to Tebow's most famous speech) and bowl win over Texas Tech. The same Texas Tech that went 11-1.

But Snead, along with the rest of the Ole Miss team shat the bed the next season after starting the season very overrated at number 6.

But moral of the story is, Wallace has never been hyped like Snead, and Wallace has never had a season like Snead's sophomore season.

He was described as "the SEC's most prolific returning QB" (which is true) along with plenty of hyperbole for months. It seems like a good comparison.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was described as "the SEC's most prolific returning QB" (which is true) along with plenty of hyperbole for months. It seems like a good comparison.

only because no one else has a veteran QB this year

no big deal

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ole Miss have a shit ton of penalties and turnovers in the first half and still won pretty easy late. They look like they have a pretty good defense, but we will have to wait and see once they play the meat of the SEC.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina doesn't have the athletes to be that good. A&M looked so much faster, stronger, and just outright dominated them. Freshman Myles Garrett plays his 1st game and looked like a beast compared to those horrible gamecocks. We'll find out if A&M just has better athletes than everybody else, or USCe just sucks.
It is clear that USCe was out-schemed ... Spurrier had his QB doing things he just can't do, while Sumlin started with some easy passes, and then concentrated on a lot of short dump offs, etc. Then he started opening up. We saw the old ball coach take it in the shorts last night.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is clear that USCe was out-schemed ... Spurrier had his QB doing things he just can't do, while Sumlin started with some easy passes, and then concentrated on a lot of short dump offs, etc. Then he started opening up. We saw the old ball coach take it in the shorts last night.

Completely speculating, but I got the feeling he did not want to be out Fun n Gunned.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ole Miss have a shit ton of penalties and turnovers in the first half and still won pretty easy late. They look like they have a pretty good defense, but we will have to wait and see once they play the meat of the SEC.

I think they just got another False Start penalty.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shouldn't be many conference games where they can turn the ball over 3 times in the first half and still go into the locker room ahead. I will be surprised if they end the season ranked.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a DIEHARD Clemson fan. And even after losing to South Carolina 5 times in a row, I have perspective. I think that the Gamecocks still have some pieces to build on. And they will get better. A&M just got the better of them last night.