• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Outhouse to Penthouse.

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably some type of corporate asset grab. Thinking FN was a cutting edge social network they could take advantage of. Then they stuck advertisements in and the whole platform cratered.

Kind of like their magazine - moved to a demographic that no one wanted.

Funny thing is - I don't see this "Fantasy Sports" concept being a success. They are competing against established name brands with only the SI logo on their side. I don't think they understand - the SI brand doesn't mean shit anymore.

Ed Zachary.....:L

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably some type of corporate asset grab. Thinking FN was a cutting edge social network they could take advantage of. Then they stuck advertisements in and the whole platform cratered.

Funny thing is - I don't see this "Fantasy Sports" concept being a success. They are competing against established name brands with only the SI logo on their side. I don't think they understand - the SI brand doesn't mean shit anymore.

Agreed. I have had a subscription to SI for 35 years. My mom has given it to me for Christmas since I was 9 years old. I finally told her to stop because I literally never read it any more.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I have had a subscription to SI for 35 years. My mom has given it to me for Christmas since I was 9 years old. I finally told her to stop because I literally never read it any more.

Got mine in 1975... had it until the early 2000's. They turned it into People magazine. That's when they lost me.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....I get ESPN magazine only because I joined to get their Insider. It has become a joke with my wife.

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sent the Joe Kapp story Otis.

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to walk the pooch again. See you guys tomorrow.

Don't forget it's Canada Day and to buy all your Canadian friends beers.

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be "trolling" - that never was my style in the first place. I will be on the lookout for one or two of they good guys (like MFN, Bishop, CI, hbomb, etc) and letting hem know where we are - if that's possible at all.

However, I fully expect that it's going to be a brand new format and all of the "old" links will be blown away. It's what I would do.

I don't necessarily mean trolling in the traditional sense of the word. Like you I will want to alert any re-registered FN users of the new platform. As far as the trolling, I meant more of making things interesting for the new moderators or whomever will be policing the site.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily mean trolling in the traditional sense of the word. Like you I will want to alert any re-registered FN users of the new platform. As far as the trolling, I meant more of making things interesting for the new moderators or whomever will be policing the site.
I had heard it was supposed to be back up today???

DISPLACEDTEXAN

Remember? not at my age!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fairly similar story for me, mom renewed me every year until I moved out of the house @ 20, kept it til about 10 years ago. renewed again about 5 years ago just for the football season and hated the new format and where they were going. really can't remember when I last picked one up and read it

as to the site? I suspect it will be FanNation in name only, they could have made money off the old format if they had kept it up and nurtured it a little. The whole TD thing was a great idea, that's what originally drew me to the site when I found it. That's why I joined, so I could comment occasionally. But it's like so much. They could have increased the number of ads and made money but sounds like they are going to go for the homerun and probably fail miserably

DISPLACEDTEXAN

Remember? not at my age!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nope, checked earlier while walking the dogs, still got the under construction notice. If they do like they have everything else for awhile, might happen in our lifetime. but then again, maybe not, I'm an old man. I admit I'm curious as to just how badly it will be screwed up , where exactly they are going to try to take it

DISPLACEDTEXAN

Remember? not at my age!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest, I'm liking it here. I kind of miss the privacy of a group but the flip side is met a few people that intrigue me with this open thread.

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what one press release said, which I cant find. It also looks like it will be focused more as a mobile app, which alone would mean 80% of the users wouldn't return.

You know those one day fantasy leagues always getting promoted on mike and mike or probably any other local sports talk radio? from the sounds of it, that is how it is returning.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest, I'm liking it here. I kind of miss the privacy of a group but the flip side is met a few people that intrigue me with this open thread.
I was thinking the same thing...on FN I was on the NCAA TnR and Message Boards and only saw some of you when you wandered over (Mondo, Otis, etc) or when I did those TD's back in the day. I'm liking it here the more I get used to it.

Do miss the Ice Haus, but this and FN IS DEAD are both a lot like that...

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Like it a lot. Not to beat a dead horse, but knowing people are actually in charge and CARE about the site is a very nice thing. I do miss the confines of WLII or whatever other group was being used at the time. But such is life. If it's that pressing there's always the book of face.