• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our First College Football Draft : CHAT

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 NFL receiver and not top 20 college receiver... lolzzzzzzzz

tenor.gif
Yep they're two completely different worlds. You'll see it as the draft progresses in multiple positions

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep they're two completely different worlds. You'll see it as the draft progresses in multiple positions

Not sure what i've said that makes you think I don't know there is a difference, Moss was simply dominating in both didn't matter who the competition was.

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 126,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I can get a few WRs ahead just based off of the one year factor (though I am giving him partial credit for 1996). But then again you drafted Carson Palmer as the first QB...so I guess I shouldn't worry to much.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what i've said that makes you think I don't know there is a difference, Moss was simply dominating in both didn't matter who the competition was.

Moss isn’t on either other of your teams so shut up and move on. Lol

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I can get a few WRs ahead just based off of the one year factor (though I am giving him partial credit for 1996). But then again you drafted Carson Palmer as the first QB...so I guess I shouldn't worry to much.

He didn't draft Palmer he drafted USC. Won't surprise me if half his team is USC :suds:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lm::lm:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't draft Palmer he drafted USC. Won't surprise me if half his team is USC :suds:

Wouldn’t surprise me if his full team is USC. So far my team is all Big10.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing you said just an observation. I could run videos too. The thing is college is very much different by dynamic. Theres a talent differential from P5 to G5. Their have been some G5 teams along the way Boise,UCF that have made some noise. But when you get in to conference theres a pretty big drop off. Thats where I can agree with you on stats. FCS is a massive drop off like the yankees playing their farm team. SC is one of 3 schools that have never played FCS.

When comparing players I do factor in different aspects. Comp level does play a role. Also systems, conference differentials,eras,etc...which I'll get more in depth with as players are selected. It really is pretty fascinating when you compare the 2. I will say I would go Fitz over Moss as per college for example tho. Stats aside Fitz played at a higher level against stronger competition. The Big East was brutal back then

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receiver is an interesting one. Definitely some solid guys in the past who don't have the stats more recent guys have. Gotta compare them within the era they played almost imo.
You're in the Cincy area, yes? Anywhere near West Chester? My buddy's band is playing 'The Hangar' there.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing you said just an observation. I could run videos too. The thing is college is very much different by dynamic. Theres a talent differential from P5 to G5. Their have been some G5 teams along the way Boise,UCF that have made some noise. But when you get in to conference theres a pretty big drop off. Thats where I can agree with you on stats. FCS is a massive drop off like the yankees playing their farm team. SC is one of 3 schools that have never played FCS.

When comparing players I do factor in different aspects. Comp level does play a role. Also systems, conference differentials,eras,etc...which I'll get more in depth with as players are selected. It really is pretty fascinating when you compare the 2. I will say I would go Fitz over Moss as per college for example tho. Stats aside Fitz played at a higher level against stronger competition. The Big East was brutal back then

My point is it does not matter who the competition was he dominated anyone who stood in front of him, if he would have gone to the pros and struggled right away I would agree but he lit up NFL corners too, 95 yards and two TD's his very first game! So the fact he didn't play Florida, Oklahoma or Michigan every year had nothing to do with it, he would have dominated them too... Now I do agree with your points about him being a headcase but I won't be drafting a team of choir boys, him being a problem child probably stopped him from being even better but he was still an amazing talent in college.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is it does not matter who the competition was he dominated anyone who stood in front of him, if he would have gone to the pros and struggled right away I would agree but he lit up NFL corners too, 95 yards and two TD's his very first game! So the fact he didn't play Florida, Oklahoma or Michigan every year had nothing to do with it, he would have dominated them too... Now I do agree with your points about him being a headcase but I won't be drafting a team of choir boys, him being a problem child probably stopped him from being even better but he was still an amazing talent in college.
In the NFL in college he "dominated" lower competition outside WV and Ole Miss

Army
Kent State
Western Illinois
Ball State
Akrom
Miami of Ohio
Eastern Michigan
Central Michigan
Bowling Green State
Ohio
Toledo

You could place 20-30 wars that played in major conferences same result. 1 good year with soft comp in college. Because his off the field caused him to play one year of D1 at a G5 level. Just doesn't do it for me. I will give more comparisons as other players are selected but not near the top college wars of all time.Fitz played at a higher level against much stiffer defenses.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFL in college he "dominated" lower competition outside WV and Ole Miss

Army
Kent State
Western Illinois
Ball State
Akrom
Miami of Ohio
Eastern Michigan
Central Michigan
Bowling Green State
Ohio
Toledo

You could place 20-30 wars that played in major conferences same result. 1 good year with soft comp in college. Because his off the field caused him to play one year of D1 at a G5 level. Just doesn't do it for me. I will give more comparisons as other players are selected but not near the top college wars of all time.Fitz played at a higher level against much stiffer defenses.

lolzzz completely missing the point but it's cool... :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 NFL receiver and not top 20 college receiver... lolzzzzzzzz

tenor.gif

See this is where people cant draw the line between college and NFL. There were plenty of great WR’s in college that were awful in the pros but they had so much talent. It also goes the other way but more likely the first option. Moss had a ton of talent but compared to guys that produced for 2 to 3 to 4 years at a very high level in college...he isnt close. He had one great season but it doesnt validate him as the best college WR. That is ridiculous. CJ and Fitz were much better imo

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is where people cant draw the line between college and NFL. There were plenty of great WR’s in college that were awful in the pros but they had so much talent. It also goes the other way but more likely the first option. Moss had a ton of talent but compared to guys that produced for 2 to 3 to 4 years at a very high level in college...he isnt close. He had one great season but it doesnt validate him as the best college WR. That is ridiculous. CJ and Fitz were much better imo

I guess we should just post the stats of all the players and whoever has the best stats wins lolzzz...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Venture to say Palmer is his favorite Trojan. And he doesnt like Leinart lolz. Pretty sure one of WLK’s favorite players was also Palmer. That is a pick to honor him. This is a fun draft so far though and I love the debate...ohh and bc I have Herschel :finger: