• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our First College Football Draft : CHAT

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your entire argument is stupid because Moss played two seasons. The Big 12 doesn't play defense so the defenses they played weren't as far apart as you would think.
But the (B12) bowl teams held 4/5 opponents under their scoring average:scratch:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear there’s a lot of college football teams. Can anyone confirm?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhahaa yeah sorry I forgot your opinions are facts... He played two seasons but you knew that cuz you're so smart...

Rice is GOAT. You thinking Moss is better bc he was more talented is kind of just getting old bc Rice was a complete player. You couldnt trust Moss like you could Rice. Reason why he was the best.

College it’s harder to debate who is the greatest, there were a ton of talented WR’s. CJ or Fitz were both just crazy great in college, two of my favs.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your entire argument is stupid because Moss played two seasons. The Big 12 doesn't play defense so the defenses they played weren't as far apart as you would think.
Moss played one season of D1 in a G5 conference. When comparing Crabs to Moss. Given the cmp levels Moss should have put up double the numbers Crabs did. You could say the same for other WR's that played in that era.Theres a reason the NCAA doesn't recognize FCS stats or why they have a separate post season. FCS is minor leagues. Basically a money grab and extra bye week. For teams that choose to play them. If it were up to me you wouldnt even see teams play FCS like SC,ND and UClA. The majority of FCS players are more known for their NFL careers.

Also why I really like this draft. It goes well outside the norms of the NFL drafts. Player rankings take a completely different shift. When looking at college careers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhahaa yeah sorry I forgot your opinions are facts... He played two seasons but you knew that cuz you're so smart...

I didnt draft him bc he was he a criminal. I had to cross him my list lol

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif
As long as this isn't hung at the 50 yard line

51q6LsuTPrL.jpg

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice is GOAT. You thinking Moss is better bc he was more talented is kind of just getting old bc Rice was a complete player. You couldnt trust Moss like you could Rice. Reason why he was the best.

College it’s harder to debate who is the greatest, there were a ton of talented WR’s. CJ or Fitz were both just crazy great in college, two of my favs.

lol

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss played one season of D1 in a G5 conference. When comparing Crabs to Moss. Given the cmp levels Moss should have put up double the numbers Crabs did. You could say the same for other WR's that played in that era.Theres a reason the NCAA doesn't recognize FCS stats or why they have a separate post season. FCS is minor leagues. Basically a money grab and extra bye week. For teams that choose to play them. If it were up to me you wouldnt even see teams play FCS like SC,ND and UClA. The majority of FCS players are more known for their NFL careers.

Also why I really like this draft. It goes well outside the norms of the NFL drafts. Player rankings take a completely different shift. When looking at college careers
Moss could have started for FSU or your golden boys :)
He was just an idiot. Same results? I'd say yes.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, let me point you to the name of this draft...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didnt which reflects his college career. Im looking at college accomplishments. For instance Crabtree was named as an all american twice and won 2 Bilitnekoff's. While putting up better numbers against higher comp. A ot of the awards are fairly new but theres a lot to look at.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, let me point you to the name of this draft...
And Crabtree is one of many WR's that accomplished more than Moss at a higher level. In their College careers. He was one of the better college WR

Can look at this in reverse too. Vince Young had a good year in the NFL. But he was worlds ahead of Brady as far as college QB's etc.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah possibly. No doubt he was a talent and played great at Marshall.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didnt which reflects his college career. Im looking at college accomplishments. For instance Crabtree was named as an all american twice and won 2 Bilitnekoff's. While putting up better numbers against higher comp. A ot of the awards are fairly new but theres a lot to look at.
Better numbers? 20.3... CFB record.
15: The number of games with 100 or more receiving yards Moss had in two seasons with Marshall.

20.3: Moss averaged 20.3 yards per reception in two seasons with the Thundering Herd.

26: In 1997, Moss’ only season in Division I, he caught a record 26 TD passes and at least one TD pass in every game. Louisiana Tech’s Troy Edwards broke that record with 27 TDs the following season. He closed his college career with this 80-yard touchdown against Ole Miss in the Motor City Bowl. :eek:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15: The number of games with 100 or more receiving yards Moss had in two seasons with Marshall.

20.3: Moss averaged 20.3 yards per reception in two seasons with the Thundering Herd.

26: In 1997, Moss’ only season in Division I, he caught a record 26 TD passes and at least one TD pass in every game. Louisiana Tech’s Troy Edwards broke that record with 27 TDs the following season. He closed his college career with this 80-yard touchdown against Ole Miss in the Motor City Bowl. :eek:
I'm always gonna stick to the same site we always use. Sports reference is the best. Collegefootball reference only recognizes 1 year for good reason imo

I do remember that bowl game they lost to Ole Miss. One of only two competitive teams he played. Lost both games

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always gonna stick to the same site we always use. Sports reference is the best. Collegefootball reference only recognizes 1 year for good reason imo
Wow! So the numbers he put up in his first year, just toss em, eh?
Tim Brown had 12, 12 TD's in 4 years at ND.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely a great season, up there as one of the greatest. 2000 yards 22 TD’s aint too shabby as a true freshman as well lol

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some can go by them. But I cant compare D2 stats while playing at a lower level. To players that played at a D1 level major difference in competition. Crabs puts up the same if not more at the D1 level. More impressed with D1 comp

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing with brown is he caught like 80 percent of Rice's passes. Look at the next highest receiver for ND