• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our D vs TE's

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the stats this year say we don't cover the TE's so well. But you think back to recent history, we've really shut down two of the best Graham and Davis in the big games.

What did we do vs those two guys that we didn't do earlier in the year vs gates?

Gronk is an animal.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the stats this year say we don't cover the TE's so well. But you think back to recent history, we've really shut down two of the best Graham and Davis in the big games.

What did we do vs those two guys that we didn't do earlier in the year vs gates?

Gronk is an animal.

Stats are misleading. Antonio Gates absolutely ate Kam's lunch in week two when Kam was playing hurt. TEs also has some nice games against us when Bobby Waggoner was hurt. I think you have to start with week 12, the week Waggoner returned, to get an accurate representation of what TEs do to our defense when all the key players are healthy.

Gronk is going to get his receptions. They aren't going to stop him I think they will contain him.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember being worried about Graham,,,,then I also remember saying during the game, did Graham even make the trip?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Wagner and Kam at full strength for the Super Bowl will be big. That San Diego game was one big fluke. If I remember correctly, it set a record for longest Time of Possession by an opponent in team history. San Diego basically played keepaway with the ball for almost that entire game and that's just not something that many teams have been able to do against this version of the Seahawks. Brady-to-Gronkowski is hard to stop, but it's not impossible and if any team can do it, it's the Seahawks.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've done a great job vs elite TE's ... WE should be fine...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see their small wr's doing much, so they will probably rely on gronk a lot, hopefully giving our D the ability to really focus on him. Make brady throw to covered wr's.

At first i felt like this would be a really tough, close game. But the more i think about it their offense is a lot like Denver's was last year. And its in the time slot we prefer, my gut tells me its going to be painful for the patriots.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree with Kam's health being a factor. I havent really seen TE's have the same success since he returned.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see their small wr's doing much, so they will probably rely on gronk a lot, hopefully giving our D the ability to really focus on him. Make brady throw to covered wr's.

At first i felt like this would be a really tough, close game. But the more i think about it their offense is a lot like Denver's was last year. And its in the time slot we prefer, my gut tells me its going to be painful for the patriots.

I disagree. I think you will do a good job to contain the gronk but not so sure about the little guys....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think you will do a good job to contain the gronk but not so sure about the little guys....

They did hold Denver's WR's in check in last years Super Bowl. No disrespect to NE's WR's but Denver's WR's are much better. I think our CB's will be just fine against them.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did hold Denver's WR's in check in last years Super Bowl. No disrespect to NE's WR's but Denver's WR's are much better. I think our CB's will be just fine against them.

I'm more worried about getting pressure with the D-Line honestly. They got to Manning pretty easily in the SB last year, which limited the effectiveness of the WRs. If Brady has time to throw back there there are going to be open guys.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more worried about getting pressure with the D-Line honestly.

Totally agree. This will be the center of gravity for our defense in this game. I think it's still possible to win without good pressure, but if we do bring it like last year then it's gonna be a W.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more worried about getting pressure with the D-Line honestly. They got to Manning pretty easily in the SB last year, which limited the effectiveness of the WRs. If Brady has time to throw back there there are going to be open guys.

Brady has the fastest time to throw in the league, so it will be tough to get to him regardless. Part of that is their short passing game, but part is he reads and fires. The other issue is their Center is questionable right now. Who knows how true it is, but he has a knee issue supposedly.

Brady's success rate at passes longer than 20 yards has gone down significantly from 2012. He is usually around 40% or so for much of his career but is down to about 25% in the last couple seasons. Maybe that has to do with not having the WRs to make those plays, or maybe his accuracy is starting to go. Either way, it is a good thing when we can move ET and Kam 5-10 yards closer. They can play the run better and give CBs/LBs help easier with those extra yards. The key will be forcing incompletions on 3rd downs. We have to press them at the LOS and change the timing of the routes.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has the fastest time to throw in the league, so it will be tough to get to him regardless. Part of that is their short passing game, but part is he reads and fires.

True, but that was the narrative a year ago on Peyton, right? The shorter passes that come out quickly rely on YAC, which Hawks D is either the best or among the best in the league at limiting. Long 3rd down conversions are much more difficult, and all those short passes required to drive down the field mean more opportunities for the D to come up with some sort of big play.

Brady is awesome though, so this will be a great game.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but that was the narrative a year ago on Peyton, right? The shorter passes that come out quickly rely on YAC, which Hawks D is either the best or among the best in the league at limiting. Long 3rd down conversions are much more difficult, and all those short passes required to drive down the field mean more opportunities for the D to come up with some sort of big play.

Brady is awesome though, so this will be a great game.

Yes. I don't want to think this game will be like that one, because the Pats are stronger in my opinion as far as overall health of starting players. But, it is eerily similar in many ways as far as matchups. We only sacked Manning once, so if we can get pressure enough to move Tom and our press coverage disrupts the timing of the passes it could be a very good day for our defense.:yahoo:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our defenses struggles against TEs is greatly exaggerated. TEs are averaging 4 catches for 41 yards against our D. The only real issue is that TEs have score 11 TDs against us this year, but none in the last 5 games, and only 1 in the last 10. I'm not saying Gronk is gonna be easy, but our defense really hasn't allowed big plays from TEs this year, and definitely not since they got healthy at the LB and LOB positions.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a outside fan of the Seahawks, I'm worried about two things that I don't hear getting much attention........Earl Thomas (shoulder) Sherman (Elbow).......These two things bring real concern when talking about DBs covering the Pats WR's and Gronk.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a outside fan of the Seahawks, I'm worried about two things that I don't hear getting much attention........Earl Thomas (shoulder) Sherman (Elbow).......These two things bring real concern when talking about DBs covering the Pats WR's and Gronk.

I believe both practiced yesterday and Sherman was practicing before that. We'll see how it goes this week, but based on that, I fully expect both of them to practice all week assuming there were no setbacks yesterday.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both might be a bit banged up, but they'll be giving 120% once the game kicks off.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's two games where we faced Gronk level TE's, and that's SD and Dallas. SD was played at ridiculous field temperatures and the Cowboys also have the best WR in the league to stretch the field. I'm just not seeing that with NE. He's a big dude, but he isn't fast and guys like Wagner and Kam are going to make him feel it when he does get the ball.