• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Coaching Staff

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the list of Yes Men that JJ would hire is small.

Harbaugh isn't a Yes man

Payton isn't a Yes man
Payton is supposedly got a great rapport with Jerry. I have seen a ton of clickbait recently trying to connect Payton & Jerry.
If any truth to that I would see McCarthy staying HC one more year & Payton moving over after his final year in NO.

Cant see him leaving a year early So Jerry would have to fire McCarthy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jerry loves Quinn as much as its reported he does, why not just cut ties with McCarthy and bump Quinn up? He would obviously be fine with keeping Moore as OC if he doesn't get a top spot. Quinn brings energy. And with Moore running the offense and Quinn running the D, what do we lose? McCarthy game management? Honest question, how many of the teams that want Quinn would go after McCarthy? One? None?
Jerry won't do it, but this us what I would do. Then I'd promote Joe Whitt Jr to DC and Harris to DB coach

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Moore. I wasn't quite as enamored with Moore as many when the Offense was unstoppable and I'm not quite as down on him as many now, but the last half of the year did drop him a little in my eyes. Thinking about it I'll say I still see the creativity that I liked and still see a smart guy with a ton of potential to be a really good OC, but I wouldn't be quite as disappointed now as I would have been early in the year if he goes elsewhere. I will though, be disappointed if he leaves and wonder where that leaves us.

To me, three of the worst of the bad are whomever called that QB sneak to end the game, whomever just refused to get Pollard more snaps (and especially in the playoff game so I say this assuming he was healthy enough to play a bigger roll) and whomever didn't see the huge need for a blocking TE when Bell went back to KC. Those were season altering mistakes IMO, but were any of them actually Moore? I have to assume the Zeke vs Pollard issue was and perhaps it was due to a young guy who went from bit player in the corner of the locker room to the head of the offense struggling to reduce one of our marquis players role.

The other big issues were the constant running into a brick wall. I read somewhere Moore doesn't believe in running outside except as a change of pace and I don't understand this - I can only assume it relates to his idea of making every play look the same so the defense doesn't know what's coming. But when you have two guys next to each other in the interior of the line who get no push you just can't keep running these plays over and over. Williams was pretty good out in space when pulling and it seemed getting him out in front of plays instead of asking him to move his man worked better for him. I felt like this offense needed more quick slants and easy reads to get going when we were struggling. We have play makers and just getting them the ball could jump start things and slants and quick crosses are the easiest way and easy passes to complete. The blocking or more accurately lack of blocking by our TEs was just huge. If an entire play depends on the TE blocking, chipping or maybe just getting in the way of a DE and he doesn't do it, the play just isn't going to work. What pissed me off wasn't the poor blocking from our TEs, it was the lack of effort and misses and the team not seeing this was going to happen in the Summer. It's not hard to just get in a guy's way and make him take that extra half second to get around you or even just toss you to the ground. It's "want to" more than ability and what Schultz only seemed to want was the ball. I'll put this on Moore only to say that if we saw it, he should have seen it and made a change. We also just needed to open things up. If you can't run and you can't beat the bunched up zone in the passing game you need to take shots down the field and you need to go 4 wide and spread the defense out more. We have always run the ball well out of these spread sets and we have the receivers to force the defense to cover 4 tough matchups. Use Dak's legs. I don't care if he may possibly get hurt, everyone may get hurt. I'm not saying call a bunch of running plays a game I'm saying he needs to scramble and take what the defense is giving him in big spots. A big part of his success was based on this and the idea that he runs 3 yards and stumbles awkwardly to the ground as soon as someone is near him is maddening. If he was healthy enough to play two months ago, he was healthy enough last week in a win or go home game to do what 80% of QBs in this league do every week.

A lot of the struggles in the games where we played poorly on Offense corresponded with Dak not playing well - chicken or the egg? I think Dak's decision making at times and missed opportunities are absolutely limiting Moore and this Offense, but he has to see this and adjust. If one guy is open on a play and you miss him or you make the wrong read, the whole structure of the offense falls apart and doing so on one or two critical plays can alter the whole game. Every QB who has ever snapped on a helmet has made the wrong read, missed an open guy and made some inaccurate throws of course. I just see a little more from us and usually in the closer games when maybe a little more pressure or thinking is involved as things aren't going as easily. Is the offense more complicated than most or is Dak more prone to these errors is what I am not sure of. Probably both. Either way it's on the OC to figure out. Another player issue is Lamb, whom I love. Did he just look like he didn't want to play last week? He seems like a sulker when things aren't going his way and if you watch him coming out of the huddle his body language often tells you if it is a run or a pass or if he is the target and this concerns me and he also has way too many big drops. He is a superstar but not as consistent as a superstar should be.

I love the creativity, potential and a lot of what Moore does. I am now back to really hoping he is back and especially because Quinn WILL be gone. The idea of McCarthy being the only one left standing and assuming this team grabs two new coordinators and hits on both is not something I expect. I'd rather hope Moore keeps improving than starting over with a new Offense and coordinator and I'm not sure anyone but Moore knows his Offense enough to not start over. If we do lose Moore I like Nussmeier. I think he is a guy who could be a really good OC. I think he was one of the guys from the old coaching group that we held onto for a reason and I think he has been a much better QB coach than Moore. But, that clearly wasn't Moore's niche as he was Moore a engineer of the Offense type and not a technical technique guy.

Getting back to my last post, my ideal staff for next year would be
HC - Quinn
OC - Moore
DC - Whitt Jr
DB coach - Harris (players love him and he is always teaching during the game on the sideline)
Nussmeier - promoted to passing game coordinator to get him ready for when Moore likely leaves the next year.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever this is worth, listening now and the host said he got 3 texts in quick succession with this rumor. He was quick to say he can't guarantee anything but for 3 people behind the scenes to mention this at once is interesting:

I know a lot don't like Harbaugh but I do. I would be happy with this. I think he is the type to wear out his welcome over time but I don't care about 5 years from now, I'm focusing on the next two years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've now heard reports that Mike Vrabel loves the Jones family. Maybe Jerry is waiting for the Tenn/Cincy outcome. :hug:
I'd be shocked if Vrabel is let go even if they lose by 40 but I love that guy. If he is available I'd be all over him. The combo of tough, creative and smart isn't always easy to find.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy wasn't a yes man
Parcells wasn't a yes man

we aren't looking for an everlasting thing here....just ONE championship
therein lies the problem you say we are looking for only 1 championship, why not look for 2 or 3 or 4 etc?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
therein lies the problem you say we are looking for only 1 championship, why not look for 2 or 3 or 4 etc?
Well sure, once you get one you set your sights on more, but let's not pretend this team is currently in a position to try and figure out how teh best way to win 4 championships.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of potential DCs out there - Zimmer and Martindale probably the two biggest names

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure, once you get one you set your sights on more, but let's not pretend this team is currently in a position to try and figure out how teh best way to win 4 championships.
well we are but the 1st step would be JJ either stepping down or letting the staff do their job from the front office thru the head coach and the assistant coaches. but JJ will never do that until he dies. he has to be heavily involved in every facet from FA, draft etc

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry won't do it, but this us what I would do. Then I'd promote Joe Whitt Jr to DC and Harris to DB coach
Quinn is the right man for the job. And promoting Whitt or George Edwards, the defense would keep rolling. Losing Quinn and keeping McCarthy...tough. If McCarthy stays, he should call plays like he did in GB. It was the thing he was best at

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you why?
1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970
Sam Blair's book: Dallas Cowboys Pro or Con.

That was the landscape then and boy did they need that first championship to get that HUGE ass monkey off their back. I can still see Bob Lilly throw his helmet 25 yards after the Baltimore lose in 1970. That was just 5 years and boy did this francize NEED THAT one championship. Now we're talking 20 plus years.

you wanna know where I think the problem lies with Cowboy fans? It sure as hell isn't looking to win only one championship, it's the thousands of clueless cowboy fans with no clue of the struggles this team had winning that first championship. It's the idiots talking about multiple championships for a team that hasn't won two playoff games in the same year for over 25 years. It's Cowboy football fans such as yourself, with this fucked up sense of entitlement cause of events from long ago with no regard to professionals being on the other sideline as well.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if Vrabel is let go even if they lose by 40 but I love that guy. If he is available I'd be all over him. The combo of tough, creative and smart isn't always easy to find.
agree, seems unlikely but local sports radio all week has talked about giving up the first round pick this draft for a Vrabel or Payton.
7 outta 10 fans calling or texting would make that trade in a heartbeat.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you why?
1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970
Sam Blair's book: Dallas Cowboys Pro or Con.

That was the landscape then and boy did they need that first championship to get that HUGE ass monkey off their back. I can still see Bob Lilly throw his helmet 25 yards after the Baltimore lose in 1970. That was just 5 years and boy did this francize NEED THAT one championship. Now we're talking 20 plus years.

you wanna know where I think the problem lies with Cowboy fans? It sure as hell isn't looking to win only one championship, it's the thousands of clueless cowboy fans with no clue of the struggles this team had winning that first championship. It's the idiots talking about multiple championships for a team that hasn't won two playoff games in the same year for over 25 years. It's Cowboy football fans such as yourself, with this fucked up sense of entitlement cause of events from long ago with no regard to professionals being on the other sideline as well.
but they didn't have JJ.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kind of surprised that Quinn has not been hired by someone. Moore i would assume is

Now i know the penalty stuff is a combination of players being stupid and the commish. Really inexcusable.

Jerry Jones is pisst . When Jerry gets this pisst Coaches tend to get fired.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, seems unlikely but local sports radio all week has talked about giving up the first round pick this draft for a Vrabel or Payton.
7 outta 10 fans calling or texting would make that trade in a heartbeat.
Payton would not put up with the stupid penalties .

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they didn't have JJ.
Jones just needs to step aside. Until he does this team not winning anything other than the division. I know that dumbass forced the coaching staff to play Zeke

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones just needs to step aside. Until he does this team not winning anything other than the division. I know that dumbass forced the coaching staff to play Zeke
the only way JJ steps aside is when they put him in the ground

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t be surprised if Zeke went to Jerry himself and asked him to vouch for him. He knew he would lose his starting spot if he went out.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they didn't have JJ.
I think you just might be trying to piss me off now.
Are you now back on only yes men can coach in Dallas?
CAUSE, IT WAS YOU spinning this to fans wanting 1 championship being the problem.

POINT ONE: Jerry got lucky before with non "yes men" coaching this team. He could very easily again. THE PROBLEM? Jerry can't stay in the backseat and self-respecting coaches move the fuck on. This has been posted if you took the time to read instead of slamming your point as fact.

POINT TWO: Your outlandish spin to fans wanting ONE championship as the problem. Why not 2, 3, 4? Are you fucking kidding me? I'll just say to this, opinions vary and since you brought it up. I STRONGLY think the problem after the last 25 years with many Cowboy fans is even thinking 2, 3, 4 championships.

SIDE BAR: I cuss my 39-year-old son for showing me NFL chat boards in 2004. The stated football opinion over the years has my top 5 worst fan bases as washington, philly, Dallas, Rams and Seattle. The multiple championship opinion, or Super Bowl expectations the years this team wins East. year after year screams only washington fans are more football clueless.