• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU RB Charged - Faces 1 Year in Prison

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check your twitter

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R4q8sUr.gif

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's toast at OU. T.O.A.S.T.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing good happens after 2am on your 18th bDay. I feel for the kid, his 'friends' didn't stop him.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is funny, in a way, is that the charge is basically an outraging public decency charge. Many years ago, myself and 3 others got arrested and tossed in jail and were charged with outraging public decency. It didn't have anything to do with a physical altercation, either. Relieving ones self way out in the sticks certainly didn't seem to be a crime, ya know???

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was not alluding to what he did, but to the ambiguity of the charges, charlie, and relating that to what happened to me in my misspent youth....

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGB begs to differ.

Come on, John. Huge difference because one kid got charged and the other one didn't. And it happened at OU. You may not like how DGB is getting a second chance at OU but Mixon is screwed. Damn shame to happen to a kid at 18 but you just can't do what he did and not expect repercussions. Will he get a second chance someplace else if he leaves Oklahoma? Sure. It's not like he killed anyone. He just did the wrong thing and will pay for it. Repeat, he did the wrong thing and will now have to do the walk of fire. I suspect he'll ask for his day in court.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's gone. Sucks but Adios.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, John. Huge difference because one kid got charged and the other one didn't. And it happened at OU. You may not like how DGB is getting a second chance at OU but Mixon is screwed. Damn shame to happen to a kid at 18 but you just can't do what he did and not expect repercussions. Will he get a second chance someplace else if he leaves Oklahoma? Sure. It's not like he killed anyone. He just did the wrong thing and will pay for it. Repeat, he did the wrong thing and will now have to do the walk of fire. I suspect he'll ask for his day in court.

I am not so sure that Mixon is gone. Shannon is currently practicing, after the University's investigation deemed him to be guilty of a sexual offense. Multiple kids over the history of the program have been given second chances, to varying degrees of success. Regardless of anyone's opinion on the reasons for the second chances, Stoops has shown he is comfortable extending them to talented players.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays he sits a year most likely.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's toast at OU. T.O.A.S.T.

Is that like an acronym??

The first one i thought of:

Texas is
Oklahoma's
Anal
Slamming
Toy

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo...will there be another Title IX investigation?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure that Mixon is gone. Shannon is currently practicing, after the University's investigation deemed him to be guilty of a sexual offense. Multiple kids over the history of the program have been given second chances, to varying degrees of success. Regardless of anyone's opinion on the reasons for the second chances, Stoops has shown he is comfortable extending them to talented players.

If Mixon does miss only a year of playing and gets to stay at OU he'd still learn a valuable lesson: don't clock a girl no matter how much she's asking for it. Don't do it. It would also send a message to other plus keep from ruining his entire career. Smitty (the strength coach) would have a field day with this kid for the next year. He could bet on that. And Shannon? I'm still not convinced he's going to play. It just doesn't feel like Boren's going to let that happen. Should he play? I don't know. Who knows anything these days with the slanted reporting, the social agendas and the culture these kids are growing up in?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is funny, in a way, is that the charge is basically an outraging public decency charge. Many years ago, myself and 3 others got arrested and tossed in jail and were charged with outraging public decency. It didn't have anything to do with a physical altercation, either. Relieving ones self way out in the sticks certainly didn't seem to be a crime, ya know???

the first I heard about this particular law, was either a OU running back, or OSU basketball player? Is this an Oklahoma law? Never heard of it in Texas? It could exist here, just never heard of it.