• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU decommit: I was just tired of pretending

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many CB's do you count for Texas?

NFL Players by College - T - National Football League - ESPN

I count one that says "Cornerback".

How many CB's do you count for Oklahoma?

NFL Players by College - O - National Football League - ESPN

I count three that say "Cornerback".

Now get your propaganda machine up and rolling to cover for your fellow donghorn.

Baltimore Ravens: Chykie Brown

Baltimore Ravens: Aaron Ross

Carolina Panthers: Carrington Byndom

Oakland Raiders: Tarell Brown

and technically, Aaron Williams played CB for the Bills his 1st two years. He played safety for the 1st time last year, but regardless, please SHUT THE FUCK UP.......

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In summary:

texico fan posts info of 3-star recruit retracting his commitment to OU. Pure fish.

OU fans wish the kid well and think it's for the best.

One texico fan states OU hasn't had a good DB since Roy Williams.

OU fan points out one that was drafted last year.

texico fan then makes trollish response about OU DB's and their disparate numbers in the NFL.

OU fan points out that there are 6 current OU DB's in the NFL, not to mention more players in the NFL currently than texico.

texico fan then pares it down to CB's since his trollish response about DB's was shot down, angling for that semantics win.

semantics semantics and more semantics

So here we are. It's devolved from the initial pure fish thread about a texico kid flaking out on his verbal to OU, to semantics aimed at covering the steaming shit pile troll response about OU's DB corps.

:sigh:

Hurry up October.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 currently in the league...

More OU players in the NFL right now than donghorns...

Kick rocks?

Not so fast. By my count, ESPN lists 41 Sooners and 38 Longhorns. However, there are 3 more Longhorns that ESPN does not count, Garret Gilbert, Tevin Mims and Dan Buckner. These players may have transferred from Texas, but they continue to be Longhorns in my book.

There may be some Sooner transfers that are in NFL training camps to change this from a TIE.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In summary:

texico fan posts info of 3-star recruit retracting his commitment to OU. Pure fish.
Wrong again. It was news worthy because of what he wrote as he de-committed.

"I was just tired of pretending..."

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again. It was news worthy because of what he wrote as he de-committed.

"I was just tired of pretending..."
Just curious....what is your interpretation of that phrase?

Tired of pretending to like the OU program
Tired of pretending to like living in Norman
Tired of pretending to like being away from ______
Tired of pretending to _________

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious....what is your interpretation of that phrase?

Tired of pretending to like the OU program
Tired of pretending to like living in Norman
Tired of pretending to like being away from ______
Tired of pretending to _________

I'll answer, but you won't like the answer. I don't know the recruit and I can't finish his statement, but that's what funny. He was intentionally leaving it open to interpretation.

I've read about lost of recruits de-committing, but this is the first time I have read that reason. I would have posted his announcement, even if it was another school or mine. It's unique.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast. By my count, ESPN lists 41 Sooners and 38 Longhorns. However, there are 3 more Longhorns that ESPN does not count, Garret Gilbert, Tevin Mims and Dan Buckner. These players may have transferred from Texas, but they continue to be Longhorns in my book.

There may be some Sooner transfers that are in NFL training camps to change this from a TIE.

Whatever helps you sleep at night Bunky.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was "Tired of pretending"...... OU still had interest in him.

There are bigger fish in the pond that OU has it's sights set on. They just didn't want to have to pull the offer.

It's not about "staying close to home" as some have suggested. Otherwise he wouldn't have Washington St on his current interest list.

The kid's a top end mid-major or bottom rung P5 prospect.

Certainly not a "BIG HIT" to OU.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was "Tired of pretending"...... OU still had interest in him.

There are bigger fish in the pond that OU has it's sights set on. They just didn't want to have to pull the offer.

It's not about "staying close to home" as some have suggested. Otherwise he wouldn't have Washington St on his current interest list.

The kid's a top end mid-major or bottom rung P5 prospect.

Certainly not a "BIG HIT" to OU.

How do you know? I think you are just speaking out your ass. Have you tapped the lines at his house? Lets be honest nobody knows sh!t about this outside of OU coaches and the kid. I love how every decommit is a "3 star, no bid deal", "drama queen, good riddance", or "looks overrated", but damn he looked underrated when he made the pledge or "great evaluation by the coaches to get this kid early before the services catch up". Just let it go.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure which is sillier, grown adults lamenting some 17 yr old changing his mind, or wondering why a kid would decide not to spend four years in Norman.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure which is sillier, grown adults lamenting some 17 yr old changing his mind, or wondering why a kid would decide not to spend four years in Norman.

Kids lining up to sleep in tater fields eh?

I think not.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids lining up to sleep in tater fields eh?

I think not

Idaho-Potato-Pinup-Girl.JPG

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know? I think you are just speaking out your ass. Have you tapped the lines at his house? Lets be honest nobody knows sh!t about this outside of OU coaches and the kid. I love how every decommit is a "3 star, no bid deal", "drama queen, good riddance", or "looks overrated", but damn he looked underrated when he made the pledge or "great evaluation by the coaches to get this kid early before the services catch up". Just let it go.

I know because Nebraska cooled on him as well as a couple others.

It's not about staying closer to home when "He is now expected to take closer looks at TCU, Texas, Texas Tech and Washington State.

Norman is only a 3 hour drive from Dallas.

Austin is also a 3 hour drive from Dallas (and hasn't even offered him)

Texas Tech is a 5 hour drive from Dallas

Washington St is a 31 hr drive from Dallas.

The best way to get a player to de-commit is to stop touching base with them.

4 star CB P.J. Mbanasor committed to OU in June. #8 in position, #85 overall player nationally.

Jamile Johnson quote when he committed back in February...

They just kind of felt like family to me, it seemed like we were as one,” Johnson told Rivals.com. “They talk to me a lot, Bob Stoops has talked to me and he has been by to visit and everything just felt like a family. Anytime I’d message them [on Twitter] they’d message me back.”

“Coach (Jay) Boulware, he is kind of like a second dad to me, he can make you feel like you are part of a family. When I talked to him the first time it felt like I already knew from him before. When I decided I was ready to commit, I called coach Boulware first and let him know. Honestly I think when I called he was asleep or something, his voice was low and then I told him I had some good news and he got excited.”
3-star South Oak Cliff DB Jamile Johnson commits to Oklahoma | Dallas Morning News

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know because Nebraska cooled on him as well as a couple others.

It's not about staying closer to home when "He is now expected to take closer looks at TCU, Texas, Texas Tech and Washington State.

Norman is only a 3 hour drive from Dallas.

Austin is also a 3 hour drive from Dallas (and hasn't even offered him)

Texas Tech is a 5 hour drive from Dallas

Washington St is a 31 hr drive from Dallas.

The best way to get a player to de-commit is to stop touching base with them.

4 star CB P.J. Mbanasor committed to OU in June. #8 in position, #85 overall player nationally.

Jamile Johnson quote when he committed back in February...

They just kind of felt like family to me, it seemed like we were as one,” Johnson told Rivals.com. “They talk to me a lot, Bob Stoops has talked to me and he has been by to visit and everything just felt like a family. Anytime I’d message them [on Twitter] they’d message me back.”

“Coach (Jay) Boulware, he is kind of like a second dad to me, he can make you feel like you are part of a family. When I talked to him the first time it felt like I already knew from him before. When I decided I was ready to commit, I called coach Boulware first and let him know. Honestly I think when I called he was asleep or something, his voice was low and then I told him I had some good news and he got excited.”
3-star South Oak Cliff DB Jamile Johnson commits to Oklahoma | Dallas Morning News

all this proves 0 as to why he decommitted . The kid also has Arkansas, Nebraska, Louisville, and North Carolina offerd ons. Lets not pretend he doesnt have choices. Like I saily OU staff and the kid really know what happened, and OueU might not even know. Guessing on it is just ridiculous. Kid did nothing wrong, OU did nothing wrong. Maybe he turns into a NFL player, maybe he never plays a down at a AQ school. Whatever.. Nothing to see here

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all this proves 0 as to why he decommitted . The kid also has Arkansas, Nebraska, Louisville, and North Carolina offerd ons. Lets not pretend he doesnt have choices. Like I saily OU staff and the kid really know what happened, and OueU might not even know. Guessing on it is just ridiculous. Kid did nothing wrong, OU did nothing wrong. Maybe he turns into a NFL player, maybe he never plays a down at a AQ school. Whatever.. Nothing to see here

Can't speak for the others, but Nebraska has filled it's DB needs with 4 stars. That offer is no longer on the table.

Didn't mean to make you angry.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“They talk to me a lot"
"Anytime I’d message them [on Twitter] they’d message me back.”

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for the others, but Nebraska has filled it's DB needs with 4 stars. That offer is no longer on the table.

Didn't mean to make you angry.

that is what everyone says. Nebraska only has 2 4 star kids. CB and Athlete, so I am not sure that is particularly accurate. We shall all findout in due time how this works out. Hell, Nebraska signed a kid in Texas that is the back-up QB for his High School team. Just goes to show you how different evaluations can be.