• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTL/ESPN Magazine: Pats sent team employees into opponent's locker room to steal play sheets + more

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I'm mistaken the pats have never cheated and have miraculously stopped....sorry I get it now southie everyone is simply wrong and I deeply apologize. Does that make you feel better now? We all believe you....and BB.

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying the rationale that the NFL wouldn't go after the Patriots or Brady because they are a high tier team and player is mostly hogwash. The articles of the last few days point to the attitude of many NFL teams and owners that were more than willing to take the Patriots down several pegs, top tier team or not.

And whatever Brady did (if he actually did anything)it in no way compares to the type of punishment they were trying to enforce on him. They tried to intimidate him, they tried to railroad him, whatever it would take to get him to accept their punishment. So his status as one of the greatest QBs of all time was pretty much irrelevant if they could have gotten him to accept a punishment.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I'm saying. I'm saying the rationale that the NFL wouldn't go after the Patriots or Brady because they are a high tier team and player is mostly hogwash. The articles of the last few days point to the attitude of many NFL teams and owners that were more than willing to take the Patriots down several pegs, top tier team or not.

And whatever Brady did (if he actually did anything)it in no way compares to the type of punishment they were trying to enforce on him. They tried to intimidate him, they tried to railroad him, whatever it would take to get him to accept their punishment. So his status as one of the greatest QBs of all time was pretty much irrelevant if they could have gotten him to accept a punishment.
But you have no hate for BB throwing brady under the bus? BB knows that he can't afford to take another hit so he skated away leaving brady on his own but that's ok to you pats fans?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article proves beyond any doubt that ESPN was complicit in the deflategate agenda.
Bringing up "more information" on spygate 2 days before the Patriots / Steelers game is eerily like bringing up the false claims of deflategate just before the Superbowl.
Shame me once......

fool on you? Shame me twice... shame me... you can't get shamed again!

upload_2015-9-9_12-25-4.jpeg

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, your theory on that is wildly contradicted by what the NFL actually did at the AFCC. They didn't try to prevent what they thought was cheating in the first half; they just tried to prove it at halftime.

Further, I was referring to individual teams, not the NFL.

Other than being incorrect, irrelevant and mildly insulting, there's nothing wrong with your post.
Why because the NFL owners finally said enough is enough and forced RG to go after the pats? When you read the whole story it makes a lot of sense....

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you have no hate for BB throwing brady under the bus? BB knows that he can't afford to take another hit so he skated away leaving brady on his own but that's ok to you pats fans?

What does that have to do with anything we've been talking about?

I'll pull a Goodell. If you agree that your idea that the NFL wouldn't go after Brady and the Patriots because of their elite status in the NFL is pure horses**t, we can change the subject.

:)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with anything we've been talking about?

I'll pull a Goodell. If you agree that your idea that the NFL wouldn't go after Brady and the Patriots because of their elite status in the NFL is pure horses**t, we can change the subject.

:)
Because ultimately the NFL wants BB to go down for his actions but he hid behind his QB during deflategate...its pretty clear at this point. I can see more shit coming out of this now that they were holding back.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because ultimately the NFL wants BB to go down for his actions but he hid behind his QB during deflategate...its pretty clear at this point. I can see more shit coming out of this now that they were holding back.

Or maybe he didn't know much about the ball deflation. Certainly the two ball boys didn't mention Belichick in any of their text messages. You think if they had mentioned Belichick, Goodell would have let it slide?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAAAAHHHHHHHGHHGGGG!!!!!!!!

Guys the pats cheating isn't news anymore! We all know they do. Can we stop posting threads on it? It's annoying!

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why because the NFL owners finally said enough is enough and forced RG to go after the pats?

Given how badly Pash and Goodell screwed the Pats in 2007, your initial premise is one only an idiot could hold.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was no throwing and no bus.

Brady is innocent (of pretty much everything except ducking press questions). BB is innocent (of the vast majority of cheating accusations, but not the ones about injury list shenanigans, where he's guilty as hell). Jast is innocent of -- well, actually, the league has never accused him of anything specific; it just punished him without stating his alleged crime. McNally is guilty of a weak bladder and a weaker mind.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pats should appeal the deflategate penalties.

Technically against the rules (there was a short window for appeal, and Goodell was making it clear that Arbitrator Goodell would surely agree with Commissioner Goodell's opinions). They need to get more creative.

My suggestion is that they file grievances with Commissioner Goodell about the bad behavior of various NFL personnel, such as the Commissioner. I doubt, however, that they'll follow my advice on that last bit. ;)

None of this is likely until next offseason. Brady and BB are huge on "Don't distract me during football season!" attitudes.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
01* Spygate
03* Spygate (and incorrect intentional grounding call against a superior Titans team)
04* Spygate

Sometimes you're a disgrace to the legal profession. "Spygate" refers to activities that were entirely legal in, among other years, 01, 03, and 04.

Separately, it's pretty ridiculous to single out one erroneous call in a game, unless you think the error was deliberate and corrupt.

As for whether or not "superior Titans team" is an oxymoron, let alone actually correct -- well, I'll give you a pass on that one. :)

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gist Ive gotten is that the Patriots cheated with Spygate, Goodell covered it

There is zero evidence of that even under the questionable assumption that the most recent NFL leaks are wholly truthful.