• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT-World Juniors

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else watching this tournament? Sure isn't NHL hockey but the games are pretty well played. Refs are erring on the side of caution I believe but these kids are still pretty young. Saw Kings 7th round pick from 2013 Dominik Kubalik tie the game late against Denmark to get it to overtime where the Czech Republic won to get their first points in the tourney. Interesting fact: They are using the 3 points for win in regulation and the 2-1 system for games that go to OT or the shootout.

Heard a lot of hype about Jack Eichel for team USA but I think he's being outplayed by Larkin (I think it's Adam). Former Kings prospect Hudson Fasching has looked pretty good too. Only got a short view of Conner McDavid for Team Canada so it's hard to say how good he is. The only other Kings draft picks in the tourney are Zykov for Russia but he's injured and not playing, Adrian Kempe (2014 first round pick) for Sweden (2 goals in Sweden's first game but sat out game 2 with flu-like symptoms) and finally a defenseman for Finland named Alex Lintuniemi (picked in the last draft with the Kings 2nd Round 2 pick. Looking forward to seeing Kempe play. Hope his illness isn't too serious.

Ox

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little research and I found out that it's Dylan Larkin not Adam. Not sure if he's been drafted yet or is just now draft eligible. A lot of players are playing in their first World Juniors tournament and will be draft eligible for the first time following this NHL season.

Ox

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA got eliminated today by Russia but the other favorites got through. Slovakia handled the Czech Republic, Sweden finished off Finland and Canada destroyed Denmark. Looking more and more like my guess of Sweden vs Canada in the finals will happen. It's Russia/Sweden and Slovakia/Canada in the semi-finals on Sunday. I suppose Russia could upset Sweden (they're undefeated so far) but I don't see Slovakia having much of a chance against the loaded Canada team.

Ox

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely watch this -tradition here.
Denmarks' goalies kept them closer than 8-0 score would show.
50 shots against.