• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-22 Season Thread

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe thats the whole point. Make it distracting for the opposing team. HAHA

That would be one thing, making it distracting on the actual Kings fans is another.

=)~~

Whoever approved that in the uniform/marketing/whatever department should be shot.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helmets are so bad. Trying to mimic what Vegas has done with the gold. But Vegas has a circus before every game, and it's Las Vegas, so it works for them. LA shouldn't be messing around with it, and they just look tacky.

I feel like most people in that some Playoff games will be welcomed for sure. Wish LA had a little more depth on d, especially playing Edmonton, but at the same time, what am opportunity for these young guys to play in some big games. Will do nothing but help headed into next year. Also being big underdogs is not bad place to be if it comes down to it. I got some tickets for Home Game 1 and 3, so that would be Games 3 and maybe 6 if it goes down like that. Excited for the experience, regardless of the outcome.

Feel the same way about Iaffalo, Brown, Kopitar. They said that pretty much since Iafallo got Covid in January he hasn't looked the same. I can't really speak to that, but it was one thing I read and now I sort of can't unsee it. Kopitar seems a step slow these days. Not sure if age caught up, or he's trying too hard, but he looks snakebit a lot. He was everywhere against the Ducks in the finale, but he just couldn't put it in. I could live with that though. Getting chances but not putting them in, you just have to live with that. But prior to that, he hasn't looked dominant. Brown has been a healthy scratch a lot, but I think the Kings are just so soft in general, that I don't know that you have that many other options for any sort of player who might lay a check on somebody. Lemieux. Maybe Kempe. Durzi a little bit. Edler is maniac, and I thought he struggled in 2012 against the Kings, and from what I see he's certainly not faster than he was ten years ago. But he's got size, so there's that. I just feel like he gets caught reaching a lot, and he spends a ton of time in the box, which is a killer against teams with elite talent like Edmonton. Quick played pretty unreal that final week (Except for trying to play the puck against Anaheim. He really should never try to play the puck...ever). I guess I would just say with Brown is that I am really torn on how he is used. Relegated to 3rd/4th line is definitely unceremonious if these are his final games as the first Kings captain to lift the cup (Twice!).

Kings with the soft schedule to round out the year, but Ducks were gunning for them, and wins are wins. Nice to see them finish strong. I keep seeing the "Magic Number" to clinch but then it changes every day, so that is a different definition than I remember. I thought if the number was 3, then you just had to get 3 points, or the team behind you had to lose. However you made that 3 was fine. Kings went and got 4 of 4 and still haven't locked it up. But it was like 96% to make the playoffs, so looking good still.

Tacky is a great term, fitting actually. Keep that shit in Vegas, isn't that the term? Whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? Yeah...make sure that applies for the helmets too.

Been 4 long years for us, so I am excited to see some playoff hockey and how these young kids will respond. I remember in 2010 when they returned to the playoffs against Vancouver, that was the first taste for guys like Kopitar, Brown, Quick, Doughty, etc. They lost 4-2 with Games 1 and 2 going to OT, and won Game 3 but then lost the next 3 straight. They responded OK and it was a good learning experience for them but the next season in 2011 it was the same, lost the series 4-2 to SJ with Games 1,3 and 6 going to OT. My point is while this is a valuable experience, and we will see how these kids are built and made of for playoff here soon, they may just take a step back next season. Expectations should be kept in check and realistic - they weren't supposed to be here in the first place this season and overachieved but I give them credit for doing so especially with the insane rash of injuries so late in the season to key players. Edmonton has a ton of speed and size, it'll be a good experience for them but I'm expecting a 4-1 Edmonton series win unless Quick can steal a few games (and it will be Quick, Petersen probably won't get a look unless Quick is pulled or has bad outings. Book it).

I think the Rona probably did affect Iafallo with the after effects, there is fatigue that comes in for months after (I caught it NYE weekend in 2020, all I had was a runny nose and a weird headache for 3 days and then it was gone. But from then until about mid May 2020 I would get tired all of a sudden for no apparent reason and have to lay down, or get sleepy, or whatever it was. He very well could be playing through that). I still think on a legitimate PO team he is a B6 winger, but for LA he has shown the kids how to be a pro and what to do day in and day out. Would be nice for him to spark alive right now and start scoring, the Kings will need it against Edmonton.

Kopitar, I think he has just slowed down. Age, excessive use over the years, too many minutes. He just isn't the same player he was and that's expected. I guess we could be happy that it happened so late in his career vs Brown, who fell off a cliff 10 years ago and had a few seasons of decent production here and there a few years ago but overall did not live up to the contract. Kopitar has 2 more years left on his deal but the positive is in actual cash he will be paid $7 million although his cap hit will be $10 million still.

Brown did his job here in LA, I thank him for that - his #23 will be up in the rafters for sure. However, he should do the right thing and retire, there will be a job for him in the front office immediately. Him returning takes a spot away from the kids coming up, and with how loaded the Kings are on forward prospects Blake needs to start moving some out and swapping them for help in other areas. They have too many prospects and not enough spots and Brown coming back makes that situation worse. He isn't effective even hitting anymore so I disagree with that as well- he simply brings no production to the team anymore and it's time to move on.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey don’t count them out yet
If Vegas wins out and Stars lose all their games Vegas could still be in it. Eichel wants a playoff game

He can have one...in NHL22.

=)~~

That dude is simply not a winner, he has that loser karma about him. He makes $10 million, Vegas was in a dogfight to get in and his last 5 games is 1A and a -3. When his trade situation was going on and LA fans were screaming to get him, I was like please do not do that and I'm happy Blake stayed out of that race.

Vegas is eliminated tonight, Dallas will do their job. This is what happens when you try to buy a Cup, much like the Rangers of the early 2000s trying to buy every big name UFA. The issue now is they gutted their system for the shiny new name available at the moment so they have no depth, an old team that is capped out and in big trouble for the foreseable future. McCrimmon ran that franchise into the ground and it couldn't happen to a sweeter bunch of bitches.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it possible that the Crome Domes are on the road?!

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the way Kings are playing going into the playoffs, then they will get bounced in the first round in a sweep.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone realize 7 years has passed already on the Richards termination contract but there's still 10 years to go?

Dude will have made $10.5 million from the termination over 17 years for not playing hockey for LA.

Loved the guy but damn what mess that turned into.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone is on Instagram but there are some really funny videos about Vegas not making it. Sharks also ran a thank you message with a coded message saying "Fuck You Knights" on their Jumbotron.

Then this old guy last night at Kings game in Seattle. Not really a fan of opposing fans making a scene like this, but I don't know the context.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing like "win one for the Gipper" - good strategy to push the team and the timing of the announcement pretty much indicates that is his MO.

Excellent career for him, looking forward to seeing his jersey hanging up there.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like "win one for the Gipper" - good strategy to push the team and the timing of the announcement pretty much indicates that is his MO.

Excellent career for him, looking forward to seeing his jersey hanging up there.
Nic and Darrel were talking about this being possible a month ago. At that time they said he was going to decide in the off season.
Maybe he saw the golf cart Getzlaf got and decided he wanted one as well.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can’t figure out the PP, they aren’t going to go far in the playoffs.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the fact that Can is in goal today mean that Quick is starting in the playoffs?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end of the game though not a win, was heartwarming.
It would have been nice if the Kings had won.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick is 100% the starting goalie to begin the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saw this. Bob Miller hosting Dustin Brown last press conference. Had to have been from earlier today. First 19 minutes are dead air for some reason but it starts at 19 minutes.