• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was very prominent in old times. While we think it is disturbing today, it was widely accepted back in "those times".

edit: not boardwalk empire times, that was just weirds. But back in what would have been the "Kings and Queens" era, they truly believed in preserving the lineage and shit.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was very prominent in old times. While we think it is disturbing today, it was widely accepted back in "those times".

edit: not boardwalk empire times, that was just weirds. But back in what would have been the "Kings and Queens" era, they truly believed in preserving the lineage and shit.

they just believed in pure blood heirs. sick and twisted to be sure.

his sister looked to be enjoying it on the horse which made it even weirder. he looked fairly shocked when he found out however at least he knows its wrong

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, yea... It really threw me off when she came out.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally hit the half way mark of the first book. I am shooting to at least start the second book by the next episode.

I have to watch Episode 2 again, I was so shot last night, I feel like I may have missed some stuff.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are they doing each season along with each book?

If so, I like the idea of reading the book after the season. The first book, which I am on now is fun to read because I felt like I "seen" a lot of the stuff happen, yet the book offers more detail for me to put my own little spin on it in my head. However if that is truly the case, now that I have begun reading, there is no way I am going to not read every book before Season 3.

Generally yea. The first 3 will coincide almost exactly to the books. The way the 4th and 5th books were written will make that a little difficult. The story had grown so huge at that point, that he actually split one book into two, so a lot of the chapters in A Dance With Dragons are happening at the same time as A Feast For Crows. I think they'll just split the chapters up chronologically into two seasons, though, and then it will go back to being one book per season. Assuming Martin finishes the last two books in time.

But this season and next season will still move right along with your books.

Why is ince$t the big thing now? Queen and Jamie, guy north of the wall and his daughters, now guy and his sister on a horse.

HBO in general, Boardwalk had it, True Blood had it. Weird.

Well. In Theon's case, at least it was accidental, right? :lol:

Yep. And also. Take a look at what happened to Robert Baratheon when he brought another family into his house. Usurped....and he never even saw it coming. I bet it was a necessary measure to keep ambitious lords from destroying your dynasty.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a common theme with ince$t back then. Spartacus touched on it briefly.

The queen is doing everyone, and i bet Geoffrey is going to r*pe his mom or something, seems like a potential path on the horizon.

Any hoot, any idea on what took the baby at the end? It looked like the iceman from Thor.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definite speculation as I have not read that far... So I cant really say this is a spoiler, cause I am shooting in the dark. But I would imagine he keeps the females as his "wives", and leaves the males to the wildlings.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he somehow struck a deal with the White Walkers. I'll keep pumping out kids that you can have as long as you let me live.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he somehow struck a deal with the White Walkers. I'll keep pumping out kids that you can have as long as you let me live.

and they are just raised was walkers? or fed to them? its going to get very mystical soon I take it.

how many books are there?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they are just raised was walkers? or fed to them? its going to get very mystical soon I take it.

how many books are there?

5, long ways to go. :D

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be 7 books total. So hopefully HBO takes it all the way.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so how far into the books are we?

The HBO Series? It's going book for book until Book 4, so you're through book 1 and partly through 2 in terms of what you've seen on the show.

Book 5 is done and released. I think he had a large portion of book 6 finished in the process of eliminating chapters from book 5. The middle of any story is harder to write than the beginning and end, and it took him a while. The story doesn't suffer, he just had so many characters and plots to hash through that he wasn't sure how to format 4 and 5.

Book 4 was released in 2005, and book 5 in 2011. But the HBO series has really rejuvenated him, according to the man himself, and he's through the roughest part of the story. I honestly think that books 6 and 7 will be done a lot quicker than 4 and 5. He's been careful not to say anything about when he thinks 6 will be done, but I get the feeling that he's been writing like a madman. :typing:

I hope he finishes soon, because I really need to know how things unfold after a certain chapter before the anxiety gives me a damn aneurism.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The HBO Series? It's going book for book until Book 4, so you're through book 1 and partly through 2 in terms of what you've seen on the show.

Book 5 is done and released. I think he had a large portion of book 6 finished in the process of eliminating chapters from book 5. The middle of any story is harder to write than the beginning and end, and it took him a while. The story doesn't suffer, he just had so many characters and plots to hash through that he wasn't sure how to format 4 and 5.

Book 4 was released in 2005, and book 5 in 2011. But the HBO series has really rejuvenated him, according to the man himself, and he's through the roughest part of the story. I honestly think that books 6 and 7 will be done a lot quicker than 4 and 5. He's been careful not to say anything about when he thinks 6 will be done, but I get the feeling that he's been writing like a madman. :typing:

I hope he finishes soon, because I really need to know how things unfold after a certain chapter before the anxiety gives me a damn aneurism.

lol, I cant wait to get that far...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definite speculation as I have not read that far... So I cant really say this is a spoiler, cause I am shooting in the dark. But I would imagine he keeps the females as his "wives", and leaves the males to the wildlings.

That was no wildling scooping up that baby, it was a white walker.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, can sunday get here already???

White walkers seem to be the favorites in terms of identity towards the end, but are they the threat/evil/monsters? that they mention behind the wall? Or just a tribe/clan?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, can sunday get here already???

White walkers seem to be the favorites in terms of identity towards the end, but are they the threat/evil/monsters? that they mention behind the wall? Or just a tribe/clan?

Shh... I want to find out. But I imagine they are not like your average human. As you can see in the series, they can infect, or raise the dead of some sort... With magic I presume.