• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching the previous weeks right before the new episode every week. Helps refresh the mind.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looks like they are deviating in several ways, i won't go into specifics. now personally, i don't have a problem with it, and i heard an interesting perspective somewhere, a book reader wrote that them deviating from the books actually makes it more interesting, since we really are not sure exactly what is going to come next.

so just be aware when you get to certain parts of the book.

i really like what they have been doing. i'm pretty sure that most people who hadn't read the books really didn't think much of mel, maybe thinking she's just a trussed up whore in red, but that was pretty spectacular.

i will have to watch it again. i have been trying to watch every episode at least twice this year, and i think it has really been a good decision. pick up so much on the second viewing when you're not just trying to keep up.

They are definately deviating in many ways, but I also don't have a problem with it. I have no doubt that all the main plot points will be there, but that they may take some different routes to get to them. It's a different medium, and a lot of the things that work in books simply do not work on the screen. I think they are doing a good job. I'm glad I'm not the only sane one, johnny! :thumb:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, nice. Also, Natalie Dormer, Mmmm...

natalie-dormer-as-margaery-tyrell.jpg

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read an early chapter from a Feast for Crows and goddamn Kevan Lannister just rocketed up my fave character rankings.

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read an early chapter from a Feast for Crows and goddamn Kevan Lannister just rocketed up my fave character rankings.

I took a little break after Storm of Swords, but I guess I should start it up again. I remember hating Jaime after watching the show and now he's one of my favorites.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that last episode was badly edited to me. while it had great scenes of Tyrion all others were just too short and not enough balance. they need to either spread out the series a little more for each sub-story in the main story. and what the fuck was that at the end....

that women is batshit crazy

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are definately deviating in many ways, but I also don't have a problem with it. I have no doubt that all the main plot points will be there, but that they may take some different routes to get to them. It's a different medium, and a lot of the things that work in books simply do not work on the screen. I think they are doing a good job. I'm glad I'm not the only sane one, johnny! :thumb:

i'm pretty much reading right along with the series, if that could be done.. so far the only thing i've really noticed is that a lot of things are out of order, not that it matters since they're all happening around the same time anyway

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for 9pm. It's all I have to look forward to now.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe somebody just connected Robb to Obama. I am all kinds of pissed about that. LOL

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know exactly what you mean. I snickered loudly when I read that one particular line.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
visiting the rents for a week, i don't think they have hbo. will have to watch online probably.

oh well will catch it hd when i get home next week.