• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: was christianity the invention of a Troll?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all the proof I need that hockey Gods exist.

1 night I was at a game and it went into OT. I had plans to meet up with some people after the game and was going to be late because of OT. As a result I was texting a lot more than I normally would at a game and certainly a lot more than I wanted to during OT. While I was texting a puck flew up over the glass without me realizing it and just missed me. I took that as a warning sign from the hockey Gods.

The game went into double OT. They had already stopped selling beer. I had some in my car so I went out and snuck a few in and shared with some people around me. The hockey Gods definitely approved of this because as soon as I was finished my beer, my team scored the OT winner!

So that's what the Red Sox were tryin to do last year!

:heh:

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the Bible says love your enemy." - Frank Sinatra

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Marge, remember when we used to make out to this hymn?

/rep for Eddie

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]b4g-wx2Y_wg[/YOUTUBE]

From one of my favorite episodes of all time.

edit: Fuck you, embedding request disabled.

Rock and/or Roll - YouTube

From the same episode. Here's a youtube video of someone recording their TV showing a Simpsons episode that has a commercial on Homer's TV.

And also from that episode....

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie and julian inspired me...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back atcha, Pix. :) I also don't want to go there either, but if anyone wants to use the Bible as their guide for their beliefs, or as the literal word of God, then they can't just pick and choose the parts they want and discard the rest. Which is what I have a problem with. People will take literally the stories of Noah and the flood, yet make no mention of the requirements to stone to death homosexuals, people who work on the Sabbath, etc. (Well, some do, dontcha, WBC?) Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Catching up here, wasn't in the thread. I agree, you can't pick and choose, but as Nas said below, Jesus changed everything. We have no right to judge others. As Jesus said "Before you remove the speck in your brothers eye you must first remove the plank in your own." And in regards to "then why is the Old Testament in the Bible?" Well, to get the best idea of Christianity you have to know where it began, see what it was, and what it became with Jesus. He changed it all. Can NOT be understated.

So, the homily that DS was upset about is correct then, right?

In a sense, but I have a feeling his pastor was relaying it in a poor way. It means you can't just buy your way into it. "Jesus is the way the truth and the light." "The only way into heaven is through Me (Jesus)." Jesus also called us to follow him, and to truly do that you must act on your faith. But it's hard to be a practicing Christian without acting on your faith. And that doesn't mean working at the food pantry every Sunday, that can mean as little as be Christ-like in your day to day so that people notice something is different about you, in a good way.

Don't forget Jesus death and res. Before this there were strict rules dealing with sin, after His death and res sin has been paid for.

/my .02 worth

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I am pointing out that the worship complex would seem to indicate it in the God side, which I find hard to believe.

I also think critical thinking and healthy skepticism are tools provided to us by God.

Asking questions with God will happen. Our knowledge is so woefully limited, there are things we just can't comprehend. The Universe is hard to comprehend. Our galaxy alone is hard to comprehend. The Maker of that? Woah. How can you not have questions? We were made to wonder, to ask, to seek.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dqocd.png

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[youtube]PfsowR6_F-8[/youtube]

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one for Darkstone:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking questions with God will happen. Our knowledge is so woefully limited, there are things we just can't comprehend. The Universe is hard to comprehend. Our galaxy alone is hard to comprehend. The Maker of that? Woah. How can you not have questions? We were made to wonder, to ask, to seek.

You mean we aren't just a bunch of sheep following what all the so called mesiah's have told us to do? For shame, the Vatican, Billy Graham, Osteen & many others will be so disappointed.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo... I... Wow. My younger bro sent me a link to this documentary titled The Spirit Molecule. It's on Hulu, watch it.

I want to go to South America. Into the Amazon. And find God.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo... I... Wow. My younger bro sent me a link to this documentary titled The Spirit Molecule. It's on Hulu, watch it.

I want to go to South America. Into the Amazon. And find God.

Never done DMT, but tried mushrooms and mescaline in my younger days. Shrooms are a little intense, I probably couldn't do them anymore but it's an incredible experience. I had one trip that I legitimately feel turned my life around. Quit smoking, quit binge drinking, made some really positive changes in my life. It's weird stuff.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you really need to check this documentary out. It's unreal. The most potent psychedelic. DMT is found in all living things, and scientists don't really know why. It isn't like LSD or shrooms or mescaline in the sense that you trip and still know you are in this realm... You completely transfer to some out of this world experience. It is fucking insane.