• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: was christianity the invention of a Troll?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean we aren't just a bunch of sheep following what all the so called mesiah's have told us to do? For shame, the Vatican, Billy Graham, Osteen & many others will be so disappointed.

I don't follow the Vatican, and I have found encouragement from those other two, but humans taint everything. Just the way we are. We get our grubby hands on things and ruin 'em. That's why being a responsible Christian=taking everything you hear and learn from pastors and critically thinking about it. Use the Bible as your source. How can a Christian grow and mature without asking these questions? I had a pastor once who did sermons with little to no scriptural basis. Sorry sir, that's just you venting. There is nothing that angers me more than someone who claims to be a leader in a Christian environment and taints things. (Westboro Baptist makes me want to go Holy Roller...if I met them I'd have to be in constant prayer not to sock 'em in the jaw. However, I find some solace in knowing that anything I say or do would pale in comparison to the punishment God has for those who claim him in false ways.) Annnnd I'm ranting again.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the whole parallel universe, I believe in that, in a sense. Christian perspective would just call it the Spiritual Realm. Spiritual warfare is real in my eyes. And it's scary. And I don't like to think about it much.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw something about this a few years back. It is the chemical that causes dreams. A lot of times people that claim they have seen aliens or bigfoot, things of that nature, aren't crazy, they just have increased levels of DMT being released. If you take it in pill form or intentionally try to trip out, it's apparently like your dreaming while you're awake.

You can get a similar experience by ingesting an entire bottle of gravol pills (about 25 pills).

I did this when I was 19 and it was the most bizarre experience ever. I don't recommend anyone try this; certainly not at least without someone who's straight to "guide" you.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can get a similar experience by ingesting an entire bottle of gravol pills (about 25 pills).

I did this when I was 19 and it was the most bizarre experience ever. I don't recommend anyone try this; certainly not at least without someone who's straight to "guide" you.

I will some day take a trip to South America and experience this Ayahuasca. They monitor you the whole way on your "journey". Shamans or some shit. I just can't imagine going through life, knowing this and not experiencing this at least once.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff, did you see my post about Sliders? Have you seen it?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff, did you see my post about Sliders? Have you seen it?

Shit, yea, forgot to reply. I've seen episodes, but never actually watched a season in order. I really should get around to that. I remember it being really interesting.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain drugs can be a vehicle for finding that "other dimension":

LSD is the classic. Fractals are said to be the basis/map of life; LSD trips are very fractal based and could be the reason why people claim to have "religous" type experience where they see the meaning of life.

Mushrooms can be similar, but I've never witnessed anything fractal.

DMT sounds interesting; haven't tried it.

Gravol (see above)

Even good ol' MJ can take you there somewhat if you know how.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo... I... Wow. My younger bro sent me a link to this documentary titled The Spirit Molecule. It's on Hulu, watch it.

I want to go to South America. Into the Amazon. And find God.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Mission"? I saw it a long time ago. It was interesting to say the least.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the Vatican, and I have found encouragement from those other two, but humans taint everything. Just the way we are. We get our grubby hands on things and ruin 'em. That's why being a responsible Christian=taking everything you hear and learn from pastors and critically thinking about it. Use the Bible as your source. How can a Christian grow and mature without asking these questions? I had a pastor once who did sermons with little to no scriptural basis. Sorry sir, that's just you venting. There is nothing that angers me more than someone who claims to be a leader in a Christian environment and taints things. (Westboro Baptist makes me want to go Holy Roller...if I met them I'd have to be in constant prayer not to sock 'em in the jaw. However, I find some solace in knowing that anything I say or do would pale in comparison to the punishment God has for those who claim him in false ways.) Annnnd I'm ranting again.

When I was in 5th or 6th grade one of my friends was into Christian music. It was the first time I'd ever heard the band Stryper. They were good. All their songs are related to God. I found out they handed out bibles at their concerts. They actually had a #1 hit on the billboard charts called "Calling on You". I never really got into beyond that. I can't stand TV Evangelists.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, I find some solace in knowing that anything I say or do would pale in comparison to the punishment God has for those who claim him in false ways.) Annnnd I'm ranting again.
I always wondered about that aspect of believing (the sense of "oh, he'll get his due punishment for not believing, or believing or acting wrongly") while, atheists don't have (or need) that comfort. If someone goes on a killing spree and then ends his own life, in the eyes of the believer he will get his just punishment, while the non-believer is just thankful that he can't kill anyone else. Annnnd, I'm rambling again.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, yea, forgot to reply. I've seen episodes, but never actually watched a season in order. I really should get around to that. I remember it being really interesting.

Stick to the first 3 seasons. After that it turns shitty.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will do. Hope its on Hulu or some shit.