• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Video Game Geek Out

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost threw a game against the wall for the first time in 40 years yesterday. I had been playing Returnal for PS5. Great reviews and I started it and found it relatively fun to play. Then the annoying things started.

The levels are randomly generated so the the 'map' of level1 might be very very different for two different people playing it. So no use looking for a walk through if you need help. There is no save feature, you can suspend a game if you want to leave for a while but it doesn't create a save point you can use over and over. The only way to save and progress to the next level. When you die, everything you accumulated, both items and skill are reset and you are back at the beginning. AND the entire map has changed again. I played for a total of 6 hours and was still at the beginning so nope. Not doing that.

I thought it got harder the more I died and it seems like other players thought so too but I am unsure if it really did. I

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bought a Super NES Classic system and it arrived on Thursday. I've yet to hook it up but I noticed it didn't have NHL 94 or Chrono Trigger which were the two most important Super NES games created. Otherwise the lineup looks good.

/I know this system has been out for a few years but I just found out about it recently

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty huge

Yeah sucks, always looked forward to it but I think it's probably done for good. Companies like hosting their own events, some probably didn't like the competition aspect of it but man it was fun getting hyped for multiple games.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sucks, always looked forward to it but I think it's probably done for good. Companies like hosting their own events, some probably didn't like the competition aspect of it but man it was fun getting hyped for multiple games.
Yeah same. Everything is online and can be presented better and cheaper now

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to upgrade my console or not to upgrade, that is the questions

most new great looking games are not Xbox One compatible. (holy short shelf life) do I upgrade to series X or is something coming next week that will make everything else not compatible.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to upgrade my console or not to upgrade, that is the questions

most new great looking games are not Xbox One compatible. (holy short shelf life) do I upgrade to series X or is something coming next week that will make everything else not compatible.
I’ve been wondering the same thing. I don’t play often so I’m hedging on spending the money. But I do enjoy it when I do get to ply.

Although when they release the new NCAA Football game, I’ll probably have to get whatever console it runs on

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been wondering the same thing. I don’t play often so I’m hedging on spending the money. But I do enjoy it when I do get to ply.

Although when they release the new NCAA Football game, I’ll probably have to get whatever console it runs on

the games coming out that will dominate my time are

Dead island 2
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
Borderlands 3

I REALLY have to weigh the worth of this. I suppose I can get a Xbox Series S for $200 cheaper.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EA Sports NCAA Football will be the most anticipated title ever. I just hope they keep it simple. I didn't care for the part of the game where you had to check in at your dorm room to read messages or play stupid side games to make your player better. I also hope they leave out the player portal and NIL deals.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the last Star Wars game I played. Fallen order, I think. I’ll have to check out the new one
sequel to Fallen Order. 5 years after the last game timeline.... Fallen Order was fantastic.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EA Sports NCAA Football will be the most anticipated title ever. I just hope they keep it simple. I didn't care for the part of the game where you had to check in at your dorm room to read messages or play stupid side games to make your player better. I also hope they leave out the player portal and NIL deals.

Forgot they changed the title to College Football...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to wait on player feedback before jumping into Jedi Survivor. Jedi Fallen Order kinda seemed like they were all over the place with game design and so Im not really sure what kind of game they are going to make once they know they have a hit. I have seen in the preview that Cal will continue to grow stronger in abilities and wont suffer from ability reset like in many other games. I do think it has the potential to be one of the best games in awhile but it could also be pretty generic.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm playing MLB The Show, and while it's not too different from years past, it's pretty fun.

The standout part is a stories mode about N-egro League baseball. Really cool features on 10 different players.

Another part that makes me laugh is if you pre-ordered the game you could use Jeter in your team. So Jeter is a bonus and did ads for the game and every time he bats for me a fan chants "over rated".

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY

I pick up mine on my way home, the wife is gone for a week and no interruptions....

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so between getting a tax refund (which I wont see until after the strike) and coming into a bunch of gold (weird coincidence I know right)

I have decided to buy a new console today... do I go Series S or X. my TV is not 4K but from what I read that the X is better on non 4K tvs as the rates appear faster and smoother. there is a $200 price difference between the 2