• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Video Game Geek Out

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that your level doesn't matter in the crucible. However your gear does.

So youre saying I died a lot because I suck. Nice. A cheap shot but probably not untrue. When I was first playing I had weak weapons and armor so one shot would kill me and I needed to get numerous shots on them. I played a 3 on 3 skirmish where I had one kill and died 13 times. Pretty good! Now its a lot better, with my equipment and special ability.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So youre saying I died a lot because I suck. Nice. A cheap shot but probably not untrue. When I was first playing I had weak weapons and armor so one shot would kill me and I needed to get numerous shots on them. I played a 3 on 3 skirmish where I had one kill and died 13 times. Pretty good! Now its a lot better, with my equipment and special ability.

I'll correct myself. The "normal" crucible games have level advantage disabled. However I hopped on for a little bit last night and saw that there's some new group in town, The Iron Banner. If you go into their crucible your level matters. It says it when you hover over them whe choosing which crucible match you want to go into.

I like the Iron Banner shader color Million Million, so I started working on getting rep with them. I sucked at first in the crucible, but now I'm kicking ass (sorta).

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telltale just released a Game of Thrones game similar to their Walkin Dead series. Lots of fun so far. Makes you feel like you're in an episode. After the intro play of the first 10 minutes, they even throw in the theme music with a customized title sequence. Good stuff. $5 on iPad. Can't go wrong.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skyrim: 4 1/2 Years and Counting Mount Rantmore

I think I need to pick this game back up this weekend.

Love this game...I'm such a dork that I just ordered a Dark Brotherhood "We Know" tshirt with the hand. Not planning to wear it in public.
Has anybody tried to online Skyrim/Elder Scrolls game? I've read rumblings that it's not too great.
BTW, I'm not a hardcore gamer at all...the only other games I've spent much time with as an adult are FATE and Rogue/Moria way back when. Obviously, I like the dungeon crawler genre.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this game...I'm such a dork that I just ordered a Dark Brotherhood "We Know" tshirt with the hand. Not planning to wear it in public.
Has anybody tried to online Skyrim/Elder Scrolls game? I've read rumblings that it's not too great.
BTW, I'm not a hardcore gamer at all...the only other games I've spent much time with as an adult are FATE and Rogue/Moria way back when. Obviously, I like the dungeon crawler genre.

That is a great shirt.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like I need to by a PS4 or Xbox One. I've never played Fallout but if this is the same people as Skyrim I am in.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Fallout 3.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting reward points next week at work. Ican use these points to get all sorts of stuff.
So why am I telling you guys?
A couple of the things I could get are Xbox one/ Playstation 4 including any and all accessories, e.g. Playstation TV, controllers, gold accounts, kinetic,
I can get up to 800.00 of stuff.
Which system should I look at? I am not a hard core gamer. I will probably play hockey, elder scrolls/RPG and driving games. The wife will get exercise games and not really play them.
I am going to wait until after E3 to see if anything comes out

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting reward points next week at work. Ican use these points to get all sorts of stuff.
A couple of the things I could get are Xbox one/ Playstation 4 including any and all accessories, e.g. Playstation TV, controllers, gold accounts, kinetic,
Which system should I look at? I am not a hard core gamer. I will probably play hockey, elder scrolls/RPG and driving games. The wife will get exercise games and not really play them.

The way I choose is the one that has those one or two games I can't resist that are made for those platforms only. For Xbox it was halo so I Always choose Xbox

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm kind of in the same boat. Are there pros and cons to either one? Like is there anything significantly better on one compared to the other or if there a glaring flaw or something lacking from either one?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what types of games you're into I suppose.

If you're into first person shooters or racing games, you're probably best off with an XBone. You'll have a couple obvious exclusives like Halo 5 and Forza and likely another Gears of War game.

But if you prefer third person action games or platformers, you're probably best off with a PS4. Some of the exclusives would be Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Littlebigplanet 3, and more than likely a new God of War game.

Personally, if I could only get one or the other (don't have either right now), I'd go PS4 mostly because of Uncharted. For my money, the first three Uncharted games (not to mention The Last of Us, from the same studio) are the best exclusives available on any recent gen console.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're into first person shooters or racing games, you're probably best off with an XBone. You'll have a couple obvious exclusives like Halo 5 and Forza and likely another Gears of War game.

But if you prefer third person action games or platformers, you're probably best off with a PS4. Some of the exclusives would be Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Littlebigplanet 3, and more than likely a new God of War game.

Personally, if I could only get one or the other (don't have either right now), I'd go PS4 mostly because of Uncharted. For my money, the first three Uncharted games (not to mention The Last of Us, from the same studio) are the best exclusives available on any recent gen console.

I was pretty much going to post the same thing you did. I would really want to get Uncharted and Ratchet so I always lean toward Playstations.
Uncharted 2 and The Last Of Us may be my favorite games ever.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was pretty much going to post the same thing you did. I would really want to get Uncharted and Ratchet so I always lean toward Playstations.
Uncharted 2 and The Last Of Us may be my favorite games ever.

What they said.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batman Arkham Knight is really a fantastic game. In it Scarecrow and Co. do a real number on Gotham City, really dealing a lot of damage to it. That damage, however great, pales in comparison to the damage I have done with the the Batmobile when I've had to chase someone.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead island 2 is um dead apparently...