• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Video Game Geek Out

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to upgrade my console or not to upgrade, that is the questions

most new great looking games are not Xbox One compatible. (holy short shelf life) do I upgrade to series X or is something coming next week that will make everything else not compatible.

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I don’t play often so I’m hedging on spending the money. But I do enjoy it when I do get to ply.

Although when they release the new NCAA Football game, I’ll probably have to get whatever console it runs on
Pretty much all I play are racing games and occasionally some NHL or FIFA. I am just about ready to make the jump to a sim/seat but the problem is there is no wheel/pedal combo that works with both Playstation and Xbox. I have both an XBOX One X and PS4 Pro. Xbox for Forza, Playstation for Gran Turismo. I've been squirreling away some cash and waiting for the next Forza Motorsport to come out. It's going to have features that require the horsepower of Series X. So far the latest GT works well on PS4.

If Forza would just release on PC, then I can buy a wheel that works on Xbox and PC and play all of them.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so between getting a tax refund (which I wont see until after the strike) and coming into a bunch of gold (weird coincidence I know right)

I have decided to buy a new console today... do I go Series S or X. my TV is not 4K but from what I read that the X is better on non 4K tvs as the rates appear faster and smoother. there is a $200 price difference between the 2
4k TVs are coming down in price too. I was shocked at the difference when I got mine. Might be something to keep in mind for down the line.

I'm planning on the X

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4k TVs are coming down in price too. I was shocked at the difference when I got mine. Might be something to keep in mind for down the line.

I'm planning on the X
yeah I am going X side as well.. I am not even going to trade in my xbox one. I will use it as a blue ray for the kitchen. I think Im pretty 99% close for the X. they have a bundle that comes with Forza that I may get.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit. extra wireless controllers for the box x/s are $139 and up

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit. extra wireless controllers for the box x/s are $139 and up
If I read correctly, the OBOX One controllers work with X/S

Edit XboxOne controllers will work with X/S

Not that 70 each is considerably better

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean XBOX One controllers? if so I am good I have 3
All that editing I did and I missed that. :L

Yes, XBOX One. I don't know what an OBOX is.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7j1ckg.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im super freaking nervous now to get the X lol it is quite the commitment

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im super freaking nervous now to get the X lol it is quite the commitment
That's why I have been setting aside money since I switched jobs. Somehow feels like less of a big blow when I do it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I have been setting aside money since I switched jobs. Somehow feels like less of a big blow when I do it.
it is certainly in the budget... I just had a moment of ... "will I play enough games for this." then I remember how much time I put into Halo, Gears, Dead Island 1 and Riptide, and Star Wars and ... yeah Ill get my moneys worth

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got some serious hours into Dead Island 2... its a lot of fun. I would not rate it better than the first one as the first one it seemed to be a more open world to explore. what I love about this is the zombies are smarter and can now climb simple areas like cars and some walls so it is harder to camp when the fight gets tough. They also have far stronger zombies than the previous games. no cars to drive (not sure this is an option anymore) and the story line so far is pretty simple and there are very few side quests to start. Weapon mods are basic and they seem to wear down alot faster. The skill tree also is a little confusing but there are some fun new skills.

7.5/10 so far but as I get deeper into the game I am sure it will get better. Picking up the Series X today (it is cool that this game can be played on Xbox one and X and the save can be transferred over.

I had no idea Halo infinite is already out lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got some serious hours into Dead Island 2... its a lot of fun. I would not rate it better than the first one as the first one it seemed to be a more open world to explore. what I love about this is the zombies are smarter and can now climb simple areas like cars and some walls so it is harder to camp when the fight gets tough. They also have far stronger zombies than the previous games. no cars to drive (not sure this is an option anymore) and the story line so far is pretty simple and there are very few side quests to start. Weapon mods are basic and they seem to wear down alot faster. The skill tree also is a little confusing but there are some fun new skills.

7.5/10 so far but as I get deeper into the game I am sure it will get better. Picking up the Series X today (it is cool that this game can be played on Xbox one and X and the save can be transferred over.

I had no idea Halo infinite is already out lol
After I finish a few things I'll have to pick it up. I enjoyed the first one.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I finish a few things I'll have to pick it up. I enjoyed the first one.
did you play Riptide?

all the Dead Islands games have issues but I honestly have such a great time with them. Dead island Riptide was particularly bashed but I think I enjoyed that one more than the first one.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you play Riptide?

all the Dead Islands games have issues but I honestly have such a great time with them. Dead island Riptide was particularly bashed but I think I enjoyed that one more than the first one.
I just looked up my trophy history and it does not look like I ever did. If it was buggy when released I may have held off and then forgot about it. I would have thought I would have played it, there must have been some reason why I didn't but I cannot remember.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked up my trophy history and it does not look like I ever did. If it was buggy when released I may have held off and then forgot about it. I would have thought I would have played it, there must have been some reason why I didn't but I cannot remember.

it should be very cheap now. it is worth it

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i freaking waffled on picking up the series X yesterday. when did I become such an adult lol... even tho I budgeted for it I have a tough time spending that lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @mattola have you played the Star Wars Jedi games? Since the new one, Survivor, came out and got good reviews I picked up the previous one (Fallen Order) for $5. It's fun. Decent story and characters, controls like Uncharted/The Last Of Us. But with a lightsaber

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Comeds Fallen order is amazing I loved it one of my top replay games .. I'm waiting to get the Xbox x to get Survivor..

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Comeds Fallen order is amazing I loved it one of my top replay games .. I'm waiting to get the Xbox x to get Survivor..
I'm enjoying it. I think it's really hard. I usually play games in hard difficulties but not this. I lowered it once, may again.