• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks, just got back from a couple of days at Ucluelet and Tofino - Great weather out on the best coast.

View attachment 307574

View attachment 307575

Did you see the Time magazine cover where Tofino/Uclulet were voted one of the top 10 destinations?

Except they essentially have no room for outsiders.

I used to day trip that way but even parking for the beach costs $$ now.

Ditto for the West Coast Trail. Try and get out on that sucker. Myself and 2 friends did it in 1984. We just went and did it. Now you have to reserve your time and it's completely jam packed.

I got my gettin' while the gettin' was good.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Did you see the Time magazine cover where Tofino/Uclulet were voted one of the top 10 destinations?

Except they essentially have no room for outsiders.

I used to day trip that way but even parking for the beach costs $$ now.

Ditto for the West Coast Trail. Try and get out on that sucker. Myself and 2 friends did it in 1984. We just went and did it. Now you have to reserve your time and it's completely jam packed.

I got my gettin' while the gettin' was good.
We used to know of a waterfront house that was owned by Germans who only showed up the same 4 weeks of the year.
So for a few years in a row we used to set up our tents on their back lawn. Ocean view, steps from the beach.

great spot.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We used to know of a waterfront house that was owned by Germans who only showed up the same 4 weeks of the year.
So for a few years in a row we used to set up our tents on their back lawn. Ocean view, steps from the beach.

great spot.

My camping days are long behind me. It’s similar with Sproat lake. We used to be able to go out there every day to a place along the highway and it was all ours. Now if you park along the highway the forest service comes and chases you away and any public spots are so jam-packed that I refuse to be there.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't believe I've ever gone "out" for tacos.
Tacofino was about the only thing I really found special about Tofino.

It's nice and all but I didn't find that area particularly exceptional compared to the other places I've been to in BC so far. At least not so great as to earn the incredible amount of awe it seems to inspire in people.

But I'm definitely in the minority on that one.

/Pluvio was also one of the best meals I've ever had, so yeah, food.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tacofino was about the only thing I really found special about Tofino.

It's nice and all but I didn't find that area particularly exceptional compared to the other places I've been to in BC so far. At least not so great as to earn the incredible amount of awe it seems to inspire in people.

But I'm definitely in the minority on that one.

/Pluvio was also one of the best meals I've ever had, so yeah, food.

I don’t care about Tofino or Ucluelet but Long Beach is pretty nice. My daughter got some kind of bargain deal on whale watching and the 4 of us went out. That was pretty cool but I don’t need to do it again. And the fact the highway is basically a fucking goat path makes it even less of something I wanna go do. For shits and giggles I frequently zoom Panzerwagon out to the end of the lake and then zoom right back.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care about Tofino or Ucluelet but Long Beach is pretty nice. My daughter got some kind of bargain deal on whale watching and the 4 of us went out. That was pretty cool but I don’t need to do it again. And the fact the highway is basically a fucking goat path makes it even less of something I wanna go do. For shits and giggles I frequently zoom Panzerwagon out to the end of the lake and then zoom right back.
Speaking of goats, that “Goats on Roof” place didnt have any goats on the roof that day.

Coombs was a worthwhile stop though. Great ice cream and caramel popcorn.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of goats, that “Goats on Roof” place didnt have any goats on the roof that day.

Coombs was a worthwhile stop though. Great ice cream and caramel popcorn.

Stay away from Cuckoos and it’s $12 beers

Fast times go kart track is at the other end of the long straight stretch that is more fun than eating caramel popcorn

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not ideal

Bad timing for this:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash