• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT thread

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is everyone's views on the OTs. My favorite is andrus peat, i like how he is known as a great pass blocker and that is what we need at RT. my second favorite is flowers, i would even draft him at 5. scherff is the most popular guy on this board but i dont like how he struggles with speed because that was moses's problem. i think scherff could be a hell of a guard though. i hear clemmings is doing well in the senoir bowl practice. other names are collins and ogbuehi. any sleeper picks in the mid rounds? sambrailo, thompson, erving, fisher. what does everyone think? post if you've done ur homework on any of these guys or just have an opinion.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we address these needs in free agency I'm kinda thinking 2nd round is where to start taking linemen and I definitely don't want Collins I think he is an over rated safety

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this draft is deep at tackle so we should grab one. Bulaga probably won't be a free agent and I don't want a stop gap

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will overpay for a free agent OT. But you will also overpay if you spend the 5th pick in the draft on one too. My ideal scenario is to take one of the pass rushing OLB, then find the OT in the early 2nd.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pick up 2 oline in free'agants remember we got callahan so the lineman we'already have are goingt get better so if we sign sackpo we wil have no choice to get a dl or the bama wr. If we don't sign orackpo we would get shane ray of'gregory or vic beasly 'i like shane ray

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the new o line coach makes me more comfortable drafting an OT at 5 or at least in the first round because he can actually develop o linemen, so there's less chance of a bust

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherff was considered to be a #1 overall pick before the 2014 season began. Then, he started to show some cracks in his game. One is, as someone mentioned, his difficulty handling speed rushers. Some draft pundits have opined that he's a great road-grading run blocker, but far less talented pass blocker. In fact, some have suggested that he'd be a better guard than OT. If so, there's no way we should take him at #5. If necessary, we take our OT with our second rounder, which is #38 overall. The guard spot that'll be vacated when Chester gets the boot can be filled by Mike Iupati, though Iupati played LG in SF. We then use our #5 overall for either Shane Ray or Randy Gregory (though he's considered somewhat of a project).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how i feel about the draft

i dont want us reaching for an o/lineman at 5 . i have seen depth at OG and at OT and we could get value in rounds 2-4 for some o/lineman

i would get stupid in FA either thinking we can shore up stuff with a quick fix . bulaga is a pipe dream people and he has an injury history .

at this point i would rather with the BPA at 5 or simply trade down if i am reaching for anyone it would be NT shelton

the LOS is the most important thing we need to fix but if value isnt there at our spot then we need to move on and get a good player

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can trade down a few spots and still get a valuable offensive lineman, I am all for it.
If we don't find a trade suitor, I trust Scot will make the right pick.

IF there is no clear standout, I would take the offensive lineman, even if we kick him in at guard. We are not one player away from being a contender. So why not build from inside out?

Is there a dominant speed rusher out there. Randy Gregory is not dominant yet. Watch the Rutgers game and for most of it he is held in check. Can he be dominant is what Scot is getting the big bucks for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MQfLnZl4o