• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I totally believed it! I mean...it was on the Internet. So now we can't believe everything we SEE on the Internet either. The world really is ending.

f51R6.jpg

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where I was eating lunch today there were two TVs on opposite sides of the dining room. One had Jerry Springer, the other CNN and the President's press conference.

As I looked around I noticed everyone was watching the president and no one was paying any attention to Springer.

It's a start.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a statement, the school proudly noted, “The 'Golden Eagle Snatches Kid' video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loïc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design....Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards. The video has already received more than 1,200,000 views on YouTube and has been mentioned by dozens of media in Canada and abroad.”

The Centre NAD also noted that this was not the first time that a video produced by their students had fooled the public: “Hoaxes produced in this class have already garnered attention, amongst others a video of a penguin having escaped the Montreal Biodôme.”

The Canadian animation students had their fun, and their school got worldwide publicity. But the hoax has angered some, including ornithologists concerned that the fake video might fuel unfounded fears of eagles and other endangered species that pose no threat to humans.

Baby-Snatching Eagle Video Viral, But Real? : Discovery News

Hmmm, I'm starting to think that the hit on Pacioretty was all done with CGI as well. :think:

The Centre NAD that cried l'aigle royal!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baby-Snatching Eagle Video Viral, But Real? : Discovery News

Hmmm, I'm starting to think that the hit on Pacioretty was all done with CGI as well. :think:

The Centre NAD that cried l'aigle royal!

George Lucas of all people said he always feared that CGI would get so good that it would become dangerous. e.g. fake Osama Bin Laden videos or other fantatic leaders thought dead but still "alive" to carry on a movement. its why he wouldnt go 100% cgi in his movies. (only 99% I guess)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty crazy what we can create nowadays. Pretty soon (if not already) people will easily be able to be framed for crimes and shit.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty crazy what we can create nowadays. Pretty soon (if not already) people will easily be able to be framed for crimes and shit.

Im positive there is anti technology or can easily be created for such threats.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Faked videos would never stand up to the scrutiny of court, no matter how realistic they look. There are a number of things which give it away to a trained analyst, and many of them are not visual.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Faked videos would never stand up to the scrutiny of court, no matter how realistic they look. There are a number of things which give it away to a trained analyst, and many of them are not visual.

Well that's good.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The technology itself leaves a ton of fingerprints. And video that is only in digital format will get twice as much scrutiny.

If a video is all there is, it doesn't stand a chance. Despite what you see on TV, there are TONS of other things presented that show whether or not its possible the accused was even there and a video showing that is never enough. especially with today's juries and slimy defense attorneys.

I remember once there was a case I had with a document that was printed by a person at an office. I had to come up with everything the person had done including bought gas at the gas station across the street and lunch at a Burger King down the street from the office within an hour of the document being created and printed.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.