• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Movies Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. But there were so few. And I admit I was watching it with the thought, “this may be his last movie appearance.” So he could have put the few performance in and I’d still be witnessing history. How? I don’t know. But it means something to me, like Jordan’s last game. I’d say Kobe, but you hate that game.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. But there were so few. And I admit I was watching it with the thought, “this may be his last movie appearance.” So he could have put the few performance in and I’d still be witnessing history. How? I don’t know. But it means something to me, like Jordan’s last game. I’d say Kobe, but you hate that game.

The Jazz should have won that game. They were leading for most of it, and shouldn't have given up a historic performance in the last few minutes to someone on his last legs.

Speaking of last games, Payton's last game as a SuperSonic, vs. Utah, was memorable to me. That game must have been on national TV, because I saw it.

They also showed Stockton shoving Payton out of bounds, and then trying to get the refs to call a violation on Payton.

Stockton also swung his elbows and hit Payton in the Adam's apple. Payton collapsed. The refs just stopped the game. Didn't even wait for Seattle to call a timeout. I've never seen the refs stop the game for a potentially injured player before.

I wonder if they realized the moment too, that there wouldn't be many more battles between those PGs anymore. They were right, since Stockton retired that season, and Payton was traded a few weeks later to Milwaukee.

That game felt like those Seattle vs. Utah playoffs games, with the intensity and competitiveness of Stockton and Payton.

The Jazz LOSING to the Lakers in Bryant's last game, had none of that. It was just some guy who jacked up a ton of shots during the last 6 minutes.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that even if something's bad, it's still important because it's the last time they'll do it. But there were so many things wrong with that last Bryant game, including the Jazz losing.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was also the year I thought the Jazz would challenge for a top 4 seed, and they didn't even make the playoffs.

So add that as another reason why I didn't like it from the perspective of it being the Jazz last game of the season, too. Just another reminder of how they didn't play as well as I thought they would that year.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate the result of that game, and how it happened, but the last moments have a different perspective now, since it's the last time I saw Bryant interacting with his daughter Gianna, after the game. They made hand explosion gestures together, in awe and celebration at the performance of Bryant's last game.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the newer Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies.

Watching the first one now.

This one definitely seems more serious than the 1990s movies. Seems like it's meant for older kids, rather than younger ones.

And wow, what a change in technology between the eras. In the first few minutes, there's already a Skype call, and a camera fail due to low light. The phone gave an error message that there was insufficient light.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers are in the 2nd movie! And they're wearing the blue unis!!!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Movie: Joker

This was a stark and dark movie, nothing like any other comic book movie I've seen. I liked it, felt very realistic.

I'd never seen a Joakim Phoenix movie before either.

That was a nice touch to show a young Bruce Wayne, sliding down his treehouse from a pole. Reminiscent of what he'd do in the future.

I didn't understand the bathtub scene with Arthur's mom at first. Prior to that, they hadn't shown his mom moving much, so I thought she had mobility issues, and was helping her take a bath.

Her back was to him, so I thought that's ok, she needed help with this process.

However, at the very end, there was a shot of her front, with seemed to suggest something else.

Then, later in the movie, it showed her getting into an argument with Arthur, and running to the bathroom by herself. So, she didn't have that severe mobility issues.

So I didn't know what the earlier final bathtub frame shot was about.

After the movie, I read that serial killers usually have an interesting relationship with their mothers. Either they hate them, or they have a closer than normal bond, almost like lovers. I didn't know any of this.

So then that's what that final shot of the bathtub scene was implying.

This movie also had a few good surprise scenes, and I'm rarely surprised.

I also liked that his relationship with Sophie had been fictionalized. The way they set it up was good, it felt realistic of someone with mental issues.

I'm not sure why they had a protestor in a Joker mask kill Bruce's parents, instead of Arthur himself. They could have found a way for Arthur to to have done it, in terms of timeline.

I hope there would be a sequel, but Joakim said he wanted this to be standalone. So it doesn't sound like it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read any of the "My Teacher is an Alien" series? How about "Me and the Weirdos" or "My Fat Summer"?

I loved that series. In that order. I tend to like the original/first in a series most, because it has most of the time most original stuff, most explanations, and most energy to discuss the story. Good authors can do well in all of them, it's just when comparing them. Plus, my teacher actually was an alien, so that made the story closer to me than say One Fat Summer, where I wasn't fat. I did like the daily improvements the character in that book made and the observations he made about girls.

I suppose Twitter's fine if you have a network, but right now I see it as a one-man show thing where you just send your thoughts out there into outer space. If I were more interesting, I suppose it could work. But if I posted this... ehh.

So you don't like sending your thoughts to "outer space", but you like reading books about aliens. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't like sending your thoughts to "outer space", but you like reading books about aliens. ;)
If it were universally interesting, I wouldn’t mind. Get it? Universally? Ugh.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were universally interesting, I wouldn’t mind. Get it? Universally? Ugh.
I liked the joke.

I repel your ugh, and send you a thumbs up.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be watching "Father's Day" tonight. Is this a @MHSL82 movie (a movie that @MHSL82 likes), because it has Billy Crystal? I don't think he's posted about Crystal before, so I don't know if he likes him.

Do you?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be watching "Father's Day" tonight. Is this a @MHSL82 movie (a movie that @MHSL82 likes), because it has Billy Crystal? I don't think he's posted about Crystal before, so I don't know if he likes him.

Do you?

Yes, but not any more than many other actors.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a good movie. I liked it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Movie: Psycho.

Saw it on Halloween night.

I'm glad the police officer interrogation scene hadn't been spoiled for me. I don't think I had seen references to it before. So I saw it for the first time.

That was one of the most tense scenes I've seen.

I liked the movie.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Movie: Psycho.

Saw it on Halloween night.

I'm glad the police officer interrogation scene hadn't been spoiled for me. I don't think I had seen references to it before. So I saw it for the first time.

That was one of the most tense scenes I've seen.

I liked the movie.

Great, just great! You spoiled it for me. Just kidding. I haven’t seen it but by the time I do, it’ll be the same as it would if you didn’t highlight that scene.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say what happened. ;) So the mystery is still there.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched "Before Sunrise".

The scene in the record booth, when the didn't kiss, is some of the best acting I've seen. To not kiss during that moment was actually great acting. Hawke's eyes and nervous look were great.

So, did they "do it" before leaving? They said they weren't going to, but then it kind of made it seem like they did. But Jesse didn't have enough money for a room. So where did they do it? Probably not outdoors like that.

Starting the 2nd movie now.