• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Movies Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, why does the title "flunked the planet" make sense? I don't know if I understood that. Or maybe if I did, I forgot now.

Is it because Hoo-Lan couldn't find any redeeming qualities about humans on earth?

Therefore he gave the human race a F grade?

Something about the wording of the title has always bothered me.

Bump for @MHSL82.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, why does the title "flunked the planet" make sense? I don't know if I understood that. Or maybe if I did, I forgot now.

Is it because Hoo-Lan couldn't find any redeeming qualities about humans on earth?

Therefore he gave the human race a F grade?

Something about the wording of the title has always bothered me.

A teacher flunks their students when their student doesn’t do well. So when they flunk the planet, they pull it down, fail it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A teacher flunks their students when their student doesn’t do well. So when they flunk the planet, they pull it down, fail it.

My speech recognition changed flunk to fuck. Sadly, that is true in some places. In that case, they don’t flunk the student if the student you know...

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My speech recognition changed flunk to fuck. Sadly, that is true in some places. In that case, they don’t flunk the student if the student you know...

The authority figure people that enjoy having that kind of power, would probably flunk some students anyways. :(

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My speech recognition changed flunk to fuck.

My car's speech recognition usually doesn't understand me when I tell it to "FIND" something.

Or what I mean is, it think it understands me, but suggests something that's not even close to what I'm saying.

I wonder what would happen if the speech recognition kept coming up with bad places. By bad, I don't mean wrong, but I mean some place I really don't want to go to.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks. I like the word "fail" better.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My car's speech recognition usually doesn't understand me when I tell it to "FIND" something.

Or what I mean is, it think it understands me, but suggests something that's not even close to what I'm saying.

I wonder what would happen if the speech recognition kept coming up with bad places. By bad, I don't mean wrong, but I mean some place I really don't want to go to.

Mine also turns peanuts into penis. So I have to be careful when I say I give my daughter peanuts everyday for her own good (allergy desensitization treatment).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine also turns peanuts into penis. So I have to be careful when I say I give my daughter peanuts everyday for her own good (allergy desensitization treatment).

You mean your phone's speech recognition, and not your car's, right?

Why is your speech recognition on when you're giving peanuts? You can't say something like "prepare peanut desensitization treatment" and the phone mixes something for you, right?

If you activate your phone's speech recognition, what are you trying to accomplish by talking to it?

If someone were talking to their car though, I could understand how the car would think that someone wants to go to a penis surgeon for a vasectomy. Or an infertility doctor.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean your phone's speech recognition, and not your car's, right?

Why is your speech recognition on when you're giving peanuts? You can't say something like "prepare peanut desensitization treatment" and the phone mixes something for you, right?

If you activate your phone's speech recognition, what are you trying to accomplish by talking to it?

If someone were talking to their car though, I could understand how the car would think that someone wants to go to a penis surgeon for a vasectomy. Or an infertility doctor.

Yes, not the car. I tell people about the treatment because I am a member of a couple Facebook groups that center around allergies. I try to tell them about my daughter’s treatment so they may look into it. So I say peanuts a lot. I don’t type up much anymore. In fact, I am so slow on typing on my phone because of it. And then when I get on the keyboard, I can still type about the same speed, but it seems so long. (No, I’ve never measured; I don’t know how fast I type.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I understand. You're saying "peanuts" when making a Facebook post about the treatment. Thanks.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your side job as a Facebook sex chat line person is enjoyable.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought of one more situation.

I've been seeing a few commercials, for the past few weeks, about some websites where you can chat with a doctor online, instead of going to a doctor. They are targeting people that don't want to talk to a doctor about erectile dysfunction in person.

To me, that seems like almost the same thing. But an online chat doesn't seem like an efficient way to communicate about this.

But maybe it works for some people.

So, you could be using that word from your previous post, if you were also an online chat doctor.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching "Duel".

I've always heard about non-self service gas stations, but never seen one in real life.

This movie has a scene with one.

Also, the guy says "fill it with ethyl". What does that mean? Did they not use octane gas, back in the days?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk":

* Good drama movie, involving a PTSD veteran.

* The movie style was pretty good, in how it used flashbacks.

* The picture quality looked good, but I didn't think it was so much better than any other movie I've seen. I'm not sure going from HD to 4K is that big of a difference, as going from SD to HD is. I didn't have the "wow" factor. I just focused on the plot of the movie, and enjoyed that. The movie was shot at 120 fps.

* The sound effects were good.

* @MHSL82's Steve Martin was in the movie.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV Show: Treadstone.

It's on USA.

Started watching a few episodes.

It has several different groups of characters, so just getting to know them.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk":

* Good drama movie, involving a PTSD veteran.

* The movie style was pretty good, in how it used flashbacks.

* The picture quality looked good, but I didn't think it was so much better than any other movie I've seen. I'm not sure going from HD to 4K is that big of a difference, as going from SD to HD is. I didn't have the "wow" factor. I just focused on the plot of the movie, and enjoyed that. The movie was shot at 120 fps.

* The sound effects were good.

* @MHSL82's Steve Martin was in the movie.

I finally watched this movie and when I say watched, not really. I just watched the parts that look like it was supposed to be important and the parts with Steve Martin in it. I am saddened that that may be the last movie he’s ever in. He’s not interested in making more movies. And he’s obviously not going to be headlining movies anymore.

I’ve said this about my favorite bands. I want them to write music forever. I don’t care if their music gets bad because I think that I’m going to like at least one song from the album. Now that we don’t have to buy full albums and you can listen to it on YouTube, there’s no real work for me to hear their music.

But of course, they don’t work for me. They should live their own lives and retire when they want to. But when people say that someone should stop writing because their music is getting worse or legacy or whatever, I don’t care. I’d like to see more movies with Steve Martin, even if they bomb. That probably means I don’t care for the person. I’m sorry.

But I would say that they shouldn’t do it if their heart is not in it. I just think they shouldn’t stop because they are worried that it’ll be bad. They would never ask me, but if they did I would say to do what is best for their family and interests. I wouldn’t be selfish. But since they’ll never talk to me, at least not substantively, make more movies, Steve!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally watched this movie and when I say watched, not really. I just watched the parts that look like it was supposed to be important and the parts with Steve Martin in it. I am saddened that that may be the last movie he’s ever in. He’s not interested in making more movies. And he’s obviously not going to be headlining movies anymore.

I’ve said this about my favorite bands. I want them to write music forever. I don’t care if their music gets bad because I think that I’m going to like at least one song from the album. Now that we don’t have to buy full albums and you can listen to it on YouTube, there’s no real work for me to hear their music.

But of course, they don’t work for me. They should live their own lives and retire when they want to. But when people say that someone should stop writing because their music is getting worse or legacy or whatever, I don’t care. I’d like to see more movies with Steve Martin, even if they bomb. That probably means I don’t care for the person. I’m sorry.

But I would say that they shouldn’t do it if their heart is not in it. I just think they shouldn’t stop because they are worried that it’ll be bad. They would never ask me, but if they did I would say to do what is best for their family and interests. I wouldn’t be selfish. But since they’ll never talk to me, at least not substantively, make more movies, Steve!

I agree.

Plus, you never know, there can be something good late in life too.

I thought Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers's last album, the 2014, was their best one.

I haven't listened to all of their albums, but from start to finish, I thought it was the best.

Did you like the parts with Steve Martin in it, given the character he played?