• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT-Stephen A Smith is a moron

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
comp-att 107-178
avg per game 27-45

avg comp perc. 60.5

Yards 1206
per game 301.5

TD-INT 7-5
per game 1.75-1.25

Sacks 11
per game 2.75

avg rating per game 83.9

These are the totals of Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Eli Manning and Drew Brees versus the 49ers this season...

Eli ^

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did count Eli...

The funny thing was, Eli statistically had a well below average game. But, we also had no sacks or int's against him. So The Niner D had a well below average game as well...

Oh, I missed your previous post. My bad.

Hopefully the defense keeps it up in the Playoffs since they'll almost certainly have to face at least one of the elite QBs.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly, if not in hypotheticals, should a hypothetical matchup be discussed?

Like you, I disagree with his conclusion, but just I don't see the moronic part.

I don't see the moronic part either, because I can never count out McCarthy or Rodgers, but a hypothetical that discusses the teams as currently constructed is different than a hypothetical that discusses the teams as they could hypothetically be constructed.

Was he talking about a Green Bay Packer team that could be healthy come NFCC time? Or is he saying that if they were healthy, which they can't be, they'd win? I know they've been injured, but I don't know if everyone could be back in time or if their ship has sailed and they have to go with backups. If they could be healthy in time, most hypotheticals are comparing healthy teams, not healthy as they are now teams - unless stated otherwise.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypotheticals are stupid in all sports but especially in a sport where 4 of the last 7 world champions havent even won their division in the regular season.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think even some of the "professionals" under estimate how much a dominating defense brings to the game. They see an Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady and they lose their minds.

Shit, the 49ers teams of the '80's and 90's offer glaring evidence of your point. We regularly beat the shit out of teams with our defense and yet there are pundits that still don't know we had a defense during those decades.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, the 49ers teams of the '80's and 90's offer glaring evidence of your point. We regularly beat the shit out of teams with our defense and yet there are pundits that still don't know we had a defense during those decades.

We had some rugged dudes on our defenses in the 80s and early 90s. Remember Michael Carter and Pete Kuegler? Hacksaw Reynolds, Jeff Fuller, Fred Dean? I'm sure I'm forgeting a bunch. I remember a tough customer named Chet Brooks who was a DB. That dude was a bad ass, but he disappeared all of the sudden. I wonder why?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had some rugged dudes on our defenses in the 80s and early 90s. Remember Michael Carter and Pete Kuegler? Hacksaw Reynolds, Jeff Fuller, Fred Dean? I'm sure I'm forgeting a bunch. I remember a tough customer named Chet Brooks who was a DB. That dude was a bad ass, but he disappeared all of the sudden. I wonder why?

You would be a memory genius if you remembered them all. There were dozens. Yes I do remember Brooks - not sure what happened though.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way the Packers beat us. Their D is mediocre. Their O has zero run game and we match up well with their pass game weapons. Rodgers would be running for his life.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is no way the Packers beat us. Their D is mediocre. Their O has zero run game and we match up well with their pass game weapons. Rodgers would be running for his life.

But Rodgers "is a baaaaaaad man."

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There is no way the Packers beat us.

That's a lilttle arrongant. Of course there's a way the Packers could beat the Niners. They're a really good team. My money would be on the Niners, but it's not like the Packers are a bunch of cream puffs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he is not happy with the way we treated Alex - says Alex should go somewhere he is appreciated

ah ah ah ah! Don't know exactly why, but that struck me as funny as hell. I teared up.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah ah ah ah! Don't know exactly why, but that struck me as funny as hell. I teared up.

Haha - Yeah, he was on NFLN talking about Alex and how we treated him - very interesting.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha - Yeah, he was on NFLN talking about Alex and how we treated him - very interesting.

The one thing I thought was annoying but true was how some analysts said that one reason to switch to Kaepernick was because Smith was too classy, professional, and loyal that he wouldn't say much, stay ready, and mentor Kaep. Yeah, there are a lot of reasons to put Kaep in over Smith, but using his professionalism isn't one of them. Everything else, it's a business, Kaep is more skilled, etc. But this, seemed to be a little backwards. I'm glad the coaching staff wasn't cavalier about the switch - like a true experiment - thinking that, heck, if he screws up, oh well, Smith is there. I know it made it easier and I bet they counted on it, but hardly a reason. Also, that suggests that Kaep wouldn't have been classy and professional if they went with Smith. It was a factor in how this all turned out, not a reason - at least not a reason I would support. It feels wrong - but since there were other reasons, I'm obviously ok with the switch. I see why people are excited over it and I am happy how it has turned out - I won't bury Smith to praise Kaep, but Kaep has done well in his own right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I thought was annoying but true was how some analysts said that one reason to switch to Kaepernick was because Smith was too classy, professional, and loyal that he wouldn't say much, stay ready, and mentor Kaep. Yeah, there are a lot of reasons to put Kaep in over Smith, but using his professionalism isn't one of them. Everything else, it's a business, Kaep is more skilled, etc. But this, seemed to be a little backwards. I'm glad the coaching staff wasn't cavalier about the switch - like a true experiment - thinking that, heck, if he screws up, oh well, Smith is there. I know it made it easier and I bet they counted on it, but hardly a reason. Also, that suggests that Kaep wouldn't have been classy and professional if they went with Smith. It was a factor in how this all turned out, not a reason - at least not a reason I would support. It feels wrong - but since there were other reasons, it would have been ok.

That's just crazy

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just crazy

Yeah, not saying Smith is a victim, but if you were to use that as a reason when choosing a victim, like in cheating, abuse, or whatnot, that would sound awful. She doesn't put up much of a fuss, trusts the guy too much, etc. Good things should be rewarded, and if not, at least not punished. Alex was replaced because of what Kaep could do and Smith didn't, not because of how he would react to it or because of injury (that just sped it along and let us look at Kaep better). And if because of how he'd react, it shouldn't have been influential. Football decisions, not accessory to the football decisions.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not saying Smith is a victim, but if you were to use that as a reason when choosing a victim, like in cheating, abuse, or whatnot, that would sound awful. She doesn't put up much of a fuss, trusts the guy too much, etc. Good things should be rewarded, and if not, at least not punished. Alex was replaced because of what Kaep could do and Smith didn't, not because of how he would react to it or because of injury (that just sped it along and let us look at Kaep better). And if because of how he'd react, it shouldn't have been influential. Football decisions, not accessory to the football decisions.

I wonder if those who still don't get this move will ever understand that Alex was not replaced because he did anything wrong, or because was playing poorly or for any other reason than - Kaepernick is simply the better QB - that is it - and that is all there is to it. No mystery.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if those who still don't get this move will ever understand that Alex was not replaced because he did anything wrong, or because was playing poorly or for any other reason than - Kaepernick is simply the better QB - that is it - and that is all there is to it. No mystery.

You know I'm a Smith fan, but this was the only way that I would have felt good about it, 100%. I feel that Smith played well, Kaep played better, we could win a SB this year, Smith has some public support, and Smith gets a ring with them. Smith knows for sure now he's not starting here, so he could try to leave or stay. I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall - the reason for his contract issues - but if we had won a Super Bowl with him,where he was carried more or less than last year, he might have falsely believed he was coming back and then lose it in the offseason - too late to try and make a legitimate decision. (I know the Niners hold the cards, and if in it that far, he's being paid a lot for a backup, but still.) I know our best scenario would be having him as a backup, restructured. But he'd either be paid a lot or gone, IMO - even if we won with him. Starting most likely if kept, but not guaranteed - though our total QB output isn't bad - we just want to keep some key players and now that we have a cheaper Kaep, we'd have a cheaper cap (until we refilled it).

If he were stinking up the joint, I would be happy with the switch, but not the way it happened. I'd be upset with the lack of time Kaep got and likely we'd have a worse record (some games even a struggling Smith wouldn't lose). And, of course, people would tear Smith down even more, deservedly and annoyingly so. He didn't do well in one game where it mattered and another where he should have, but he did beat an injured Packer team when he could have lost - penciled win, not in ink. We didn't know how bad the Lions would be this year, that could have been a place for him to buckle (though he didn't truly take advantage of the Lions). Arizona could have had another fluke win. Not comparing him to what Kaep would have done, just saying it was an good year, despite the Giants game.

Hopefully, this works out for all of us. SB ring for Smith, one way or another (I can't count out injury). I wish we could get a pick in a trade, but am not counting on it.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypotheticals are stupid in all sports but especially in a sport where 4 of the last 7 world champions havent even won their division in the regular season.

Exactly, Hypotheticals are so stupid. Thats the point. They dont need to be discussed. There is no way to find an answer to that question. What is considered a healthy packer team? no players injured? no starter injured? In my opinion Stephen A is really horrible in football analysis and should stick to basketball. I understand that some of you dont mind hypotheticals, and thats fine, but this is my opinion on why they are dumb.