• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i watched the whole game. I cant believe phoenix didnt pull off a point in that game. So there are many scenarios for us to get in.

Phoenix has to get a point in its next game. Considering they play San Jose, this is not an easy task.

We could just win tomorrow, i mean that works too.

If we get one point tomorrow, then Phoenix has to win both games.

So basically, if we dont get in the playoffs now we brought it upon ourselves. The odds are just HEAVILY stacked in our favor. It would be nice to win tomorrow so we could give Kari a rest and play a 3rd and 4th line dominated game against phoenix.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i watched the whole game. I cant believe phoenix didnt pull off a point in that game. So there are many scenarios for us to get in.

Phoenix has to get a point in its next game. Considering they play San Jose, this is not an easy task.

We could just win tomorrow, i mean that works too.

If we get one point tomorrow, then Phoenix has to win both games.

So basically, if we dont get in the playoffs now we brought it upon ourselves. The odds are just HEAVILY stacked in our favor. It would be nice to win tomorrow so we could give Kari a rest and play a 3rd and 4th line dominated game against phoenix.

Yep, easiest way to say it is this:
Stars need any combination of 2 points, whether it's a positive 2 points for us or negative points under the full 2 for Phoenix.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix didnt even look good throughout that whole game. Not one player stood out to me. But that one player for nashville... he has a really weird name but hes number 19. He fucking looked amazing to me lol He looked like a better version of garbutt. Always forechecking, extremely fast and aggressive, and never gives up on pucks. I saw three separate times where phx got past his forecheck but he didnt quit on the play, he turned around and caught up to the puck and forced a turnover. One of those turnovers he forced actually turned into a breakaway for him in which phx's goalie got really lucky to save it. but he looked really good. Im a fan of his now lol

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the Stars have some advantages heading into the matchup tomorrow night with St. Louis. The Blues will definitely be without captain David Backes and likely be missing TJ Oshie (who was hit in the head tonight and had to be helped off the ice after being down for several minutes). Plus Ryan Miller got pulled for allowing 3 goals on 9 shots. Add in that St. Louis has to travel from Minnesota to Dallas and play on zero days rest and it's about the best the Stars could hope for as fas as advantages go.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to say damn, st louis is struggling hardcore lately. Plus we get em on a back to back in which I doubt ryan miller starts. I'm knockin on wood here but i like our chances

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody else think its a dick move to put ryan miller in net tonight? lol I was almost certain it was gonna be the other guy (name escapes me). It sorta makes me think that they REALLY dont want us in the playoffs and to face us first round. I may be looking to far into it, but I feel like st louis has better chances against phoenix than us and they wanna make sure we dont get it

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody else think its a dick move to put ryan miller in net tonight? lol I was almost certain it was gonna be the other guy (name escapes me). It sorta makes me think that they REALLY dont want us in the playoffs and to face us first round. I may be looking to far into it, but I feel like st louis has better chances against phoenix than us and they wanna make sure we dont get it

You're reading it the wrong way. St. Louis doesn't care about Dallas vs. Phoenix. They are fighting to win the Central, get top overall seed, and have home ice throughout the Western playoffs. Those are all big deals. If St. Louis finishes 3rd (where they are now), they have to play Chicago in Round 1. So they definitely want to avoid that.

As for Miller vs. Brian Elliot, Miller only played the first half of last night before getting pulled for Elliot. St. Louis has lost 5 of 7 and Miller has been very beatable lately. The Blues need him to play to rediscover his groove so that they are hot heading into the playoffs. They don't want any kind of goalie controversy situation headed into the playoffs. They need the points and they need to get hot, so Miller is the choice.

I'm actually glad they're starting Miller. He's been cold lately and Dallas has never had a hard time with him. He's a good goalie no doubt, but he's always been overrated in my opinion. Plus their backup goalie is no slouch at all. He is like other notable recent "backups" like Rask and Khudobin, certainly capable of shutting down the Stars. I'd rather face the goalie who has been cold lately who we've beaten in the past.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they had already clinched home? That's why I was thinking they were gonna start Elliott. I must be wrong then. I just figured it made more sense to rest him up if they had nothing to win for

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was almost positive st. louis was in 1st and chicago 2nd. Ive been looking at places 6-10 so much lately I guess I never bothered to look at the top

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was almost positive st. louis was in 1st and chicago 2nd. Ive been looking at places 6-10 so much lately I guess I never bothered to look at the top

Nope. The Blues' skid has taken them out of 1st place overall and 1st place in the Central. Currently Colorado is #1 in the Central and Anaheim is #1 overall in the West. St. Louis and Chicago are #2 and #3 in the Central, meaning they would play each other in the first round.

I don't care who the Stars play in round 1 as long as they can just get in. The only team which really seems to dominate them is Chicago. They do ok against Anaheim, St. Louis, Colorado, and San Jose.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking it would be St louis and dallas in the 1st round, which I actually liked. I don't really like playing colorado cuz varlamov always gives us nightmares. Maybe Anaheim, but Hiller scares me. But San jose would be favorable

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking it would be St louis and dallas in the 1st round, which I actually liked. I don't really like playing colorado cuz varlamov always gives us nightmares. Maybe Anaheim, but Hiller scares me. But San jose would be favorable

Hiller has actually temporarily lost his starting job. There was a whole segment on the NHL Network last night about who Anaheim would start in net in the playoffs, and the analysts honestly couldn't guess. It's like the situation Vancouver had last year: do you start the red hot backup (Schneider) or the proven but ice cold starter (Luongo). Tough call.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ralph and Razor extended. Super duper delighted about that.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ralph and Razor extended. Super duper delighted about that.

oh my god this honestly had me freakin worried sick. I dont know if its true, but I heard that Ralph was a little envious that razor was getting paid so much more than him because ralph thought that he sorta helped razor become such a good commentator by easing him into it and helping him on so many occasions. dont know if its true, i just heard that rumor. they are the best commentators in the state, and Im so thrilled theyre still with us. Watching the stars simply would not be the same.

Remember wise words from Razor "Benn slipped through the defenders like poop through a diarrhea infested goose"

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my god this honestly had me freakin worried sick. I dont know if its true, but I heard that Ralph was a little envious that razor was getting paid so much more than him because ralph thought that he sorta helped razor become such a good commentator by easing him into it and helping him on so many occasions. dont know if its true, i just heard that rumor. they are the best commentators in the state, and Im so thrilled theyre still with us. Watching the stars simply would not be the same.

Remember wise words from Razor "Benn slipped through the defenders like poop through a diarrhea infested goose"

I'm not sure why Razor would get paid so much than Ralph. I think by default he makes more annually since he does national games for NBC as well as some HNIC so I imagine those games pay significantly more. I wonder if there is any truth the animosity they both have for one another but I really hope not. But business is business and I'm glad everyone agreed on something and that duo will be together for the foreseeable future.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
I'm not sure why Razor would get paid so much than Ralph. I think by default he makes more annually since he does national games for NBC as well as some HNIC so I imagine those games pay significantly more. I wonder if there is any truth the animosity they both have for one another but I really hope not. But business is business and I'm glad everyone agreed on something and that duo will be together for the foreseeable future.

From everything I've read and heard, they don't dislike one another but they're certainly not friends away from the job. I think they have very different personalities and it's often this difference which gives them such chemistry on-air. Razor once said "put it this way, I've never been to Ralph's house and he's never been to mine". In other words, friendly but not friends.

I can relate to that. I have a co-worker who I work closely with and we're as different as night and day. We get along well as co-workers and work really well with one another. But the guy doesn't know the first thing about sports or movies or music or pop culture and has a weird sense of humor. I would never be friends with him outside of work, but we're cool with one another at work.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its so weird cuz they act so pleasant to eachother on the air. I watch washington capitals games too, which feature very popular commentators as well, and they always make fun of things the other says on the air and stuff like that.

but I guess they are just keeping it nice for the air