• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but what good player would be available @ #10? If he isn't a star quality prospect, then all we are getting is a questionable player v.s a star in Jackson or Fox.
Everyone's questionable. At 5 and 10 they'd have a good shot to get 2 of the following: Jackson, Fox, Smith, Isaac, Tatum, Ball, Monk, Ntilikina. I'd be pretty happy with that.

If they stay at 3 I don't know who I'd prefer between Ball, Jackson, Fox, and Smith.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take the Sixers on face value that Ben Simmons will be handling the ball most of the time. I think he will split time between Guard and Forward depending on who's on the floor ... but either way the team wants him as the primary ball handler. If that's the case I can see the Sixers not seeing Fox as a great fit because you would want Fox running your Offense if you draft him. The thing that Monk gives you is a player who simply fits incredibly well to compliment both Simmons "and" Embiid. He's a player who can work as a hybrid Point in that he won't have to handle the ball as much as typical Point with his primary responsibility being shooting and running breaks (both things he does really well). You have to have shooters in this league to win (see Golden State). We would likely miss out on Jackson who likely goes 4, but I wouldn't fault them for going after the complimentary shooter/scorer which we could really use. I still haven't determined who I would want at 10 in this scenario ...

Last edited:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone's questionable. At 5 and 10 they'd have a good shot to get 2 of the following: Jackson, Fox, Smith, Isaac, Tatum, Ball, Monk, Ntilikina. I'd be pretty happy with that.

If they stay at 3 I don't know who I'd prefer between Ball, Jackson, Fox, and Smith.

Jackson or Fox.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take the Sixers on face value that Ben Simmons will be handling the ball most of the time. I think he will split time between Guard and Forward depending on who's on the floor ... but either way the team wants him as the primary ball handler. If that's the case I can see the Sixers not seeing Fox as a great fit because you would want Fox running your Offense if you draft him. The thing that Monk gives you is a player who simply fits incredibly well to compliment both Simmons "and" Embiid. He's a player who can work as a hybrid Point in that he won't have to handle the ball as much as typical Point with his primary responsibility being shooting and running breaks (both things he does really well). You have to have shooters in this league to win (see Golden State). We would likely miss out on Jackson who likely goes 4, but I wouldn't fault them for going after the complimentary shooter/scorer which we could really use. I still haven't determined who I would want at 10 in this scenario ...

I doubt if this is a 10 player draft, so if drop to 5, then I'd really like to trade the pick for an established shooter. Actually, I hope that they trade a reasonable package to Boston to get Fultz, so they can keep adding stud players, rather than adding some "maybe" good pieces. Get as many studs as we can get. I thnk this is an 8 player draft, but after Fultz, Ball, Jackson, and Fox (and perhaps Monk), the talent drops off. And, Monk is a little below Fox due to his size as a SG. Also, I think Fox showed how good he was in the playoffs the way he outplayed Ball. My Take!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Fox, but if they are going to use Simmons as a primary ball handler then it makes more sense to pair him with more of a shooter/scorer. Another thing to keep in mind is that they may move back up from that 10 spot using their own pick in 2018 (keep the Lakers pick) or Okafor. Monk & Dennis Smith?

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with trading down if we get 10, but not for Monk at 5. In the instance of the trade, you are looking at Fultz, Ball, Fox, and Jackson locked in about 99%.

I'd take Smith or Tatum. I'd also take Zach Collins at 10 unless Frank N is there. That kid is going to be a star, but it's going to take some time.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter in a sense, because after watching Golden State I see we have no shot to win anything for another decade.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Fox, but if they are going to use Simmons as a primary ball handler then it makes more sense to pair him with more of a shooter/scorer. Another thing to keep in mind is that they may move back up from that 10 spot using their own pick in 2018 (keep the Lakers pick) or Okafor. Monk & Dennis Smith?

I'd be fine with that combo. smith is electric, but I wish he was 6'3" or taller, and Monk 6'5" at least. I'd be concerned with matchups.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter in a sense, because after watching Golden State I see we have no shot to win anything for another decade.

Yes, but not quite that long. Maybe the next 4 to 5 years.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland has no depth and no defense aside from Bron'. If the Sixers stay healthy (that's the main key) and keep improving while adding some key pieces along the way, I think they can compete (at least in the East) as early as 2019 imo.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland has no depth and no defense aside from Bron'. If the Sixers stay healthy (that's the main key) and keep improving while adding some key pieces along the way, I think they can compete (at least in the East) as early as 2019 imo.

I agree. They should be a playoff team in 2018 and should have a shot to make it to the ECF in 2019. Yes, that's probably the best-case-scenario, but there is a chance. The more I think about it, the more I hope that they draft Jackson.

Everyone says the game has changed . . . and it has, but it will always be about matchups and creating mismatches. Golden State can do it so easily with their lineup. But a roster with Embiid, Simmons, Saric, Jackson can create a lot of headaches for teams. Holmes, Covington, TLC should provide some solid depth. Maybe Korkmaz as well. Honestly, if you throw in a couple solid free agent signings (preferably guys who can shoot), this team is a force to be reckoned with and could probably get close to 50 wins as soon as next season. Again, best-case-scenario.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping they stay put and take Jackson as well ... but teams never do what I want :)

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping they stay put and take Jackson as well ... but teams never do what I want :)

I'd also be ok with Dennis Smith. I think he could potentially be a Kyrie Irving type player.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also be ok with Dennis Smith. I think he could potentially be a Kyrie Irving type player.

Agree again ... plus Smith is more explosive/athletic than Kyrie. I'd prefer Smith in a trade down to 5 though; if we stay at 3 I think the best play would be to snag Jackson who I think will be a Scottie Pippen type player.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that the Cavs' dynasty will end as soon as Bron Bron drops off, I think those teams represent the template for the future NBA--a fast paced game where everyone can shoot 3s--and we have like zero guys who fit the template right now other than Embiid.

Here is the lineup the Warriors had on the floor to close out the game last night:

Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Andre Igoudala, Draymond Green, Kevin Durant.

All athletic guys who have at least some semblance of a 3 and who can run the break. Our lack of perimeter scoring is just brutal when you look at the direction of the sport.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to hear a lot of chatter that a Kings and Sixers deal is looking more and more likely as the Kings "really" want Fox and the Sixers would be fine with moving down to 5 and taking Monk (plus the would also get the 10th pick).

I want Fox. That kind of speed is unteachable and goes well with all of our bulkiness on the rest of the team.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many two guards can chase Fox around the floor if he is free to run without the ball?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that the Cavs' dynasty will end as soon as Bron Bron drops off, I think those teams represent the template for the future NBA--a fast paced game where everyone can shoot 3s--and we have like zero guys who fit the template right now other than Embiid.

Here is the lineup the Warriors had on the floor to close out the game last night:

Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Andre Igoudala, Draymond Green, Kevin Durant.

All athletic guys who have at least some semblance of a 3 and who can run the break. Our lack of perimeter scoring is just brutal when you look at the direction of the sport.

Personally, I think defending the 3 is significantly more important than being able to shoot the 3. If you can do both, that's awesome -- and that's why those 5 guys you mentioned are so great together. I think Embiid, Simmons, Jackson will be able to defend the perimeter well. Cleveland is losing, in part, because their defense is pretty bad. Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, J.R. Smith, Tristan Thompson, Kyle Korver . . . none are good perimeter defenders. Sure, Thompson is ok for a big man but his value on the court is extremely limited against a team like Golden State. Their team does not gel as a defensive unit. Golden State's does. What I see Philadelphia doing is putting together a roster that will be very, very good at defending anything an offense can throw at them.

I'd love to see the 76ers match up against Golden State in like 3 years. Tell me who on Golden State will stop Embiid. He will dominate Draymond. Simmons vs. Durant with Simmons coming into his prime. An athletic defensive wing like Jackson or Covington on Klay Thompson. The other person covering Iguodala (or more likely, whoever replaces him). So now we need someone who can defend Steph Curry. Which is probably no one, but he'll be 32 years old so who knows.

Point is -- I don't think we need three point shooters. We need people who can defend the types of offenses that Golden State is throwing out there. Cleveland can't. San Antonio had a chance to maybe win a game or two against them but Kawhi went down. Houston made more 3s than anyone this season. San Antonio knocked them out in 6 games (and held them to under 100 points 3 times). San Antonio made the 17th most 3-pointers in the league this year . . . but notably, had the highest 3-point percentage. Cleveland had one of the best 3-point shooting teams in the league (2nd most made, 2nd highest percentage), but they can't defend the 3 . . . so they're about to get swept out of the Finals. Oh yeah, did I mention that Golden State has the best 3-point defense in the league? They only allow 32.4% of 3-pointers to go in.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. You need to be able to score as well as play perimeter defense. I don't care how good your defense is, when Curry can make shots from the hash line, you can't stop that with defense alone, you have to be able to counterpunch as well.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. You need to be able to score as well as play perimeter defense. I don't care how good your defense is, when Curry can make shots from the hash line, you can't stop that with defense alone, you have to be able to counterpunch as well.

Let Curry take shots from 30 feet out all game. His percentage rate from that distance is not sustainable on a high volume of shots. On average, I think he takes 1 of those crazy long-range 3s per game. Who cares if you can't stop that? Yes, you need to be able to score, but no one said that Simmons and Jackson can't score, just that their jumpshots need work. I'm more concerned about their FT shooting, because the mismatches they create will inevitably put them at the line a decent amount. Those numbers need to improve.